Hey all,

With this weekend's great deals with TetherBerry (price cut in half to only $25), I was wondering if anyone from US Cellular has had success with it?

I am fairly certain it will work, but I am worried that US Cellular may discover the high increase in data usage, and will attempt to charge me additionally.

Anyways, has anyone tethered their device on this network, and if so, what did you experience with it?

Thanks!!
    11-30-09 01:54 AM
    You can tether on USCC without TetherBerry. They even have instructions on their website for setting it up.
    11-30-09 07:25 AM
    You can tether on USCC without TetherBerry. They even have instructions on their website for setting it up.
    Agreed. Also, I tether over 2GB per month and USCC hasn't said anything to us. You shouldn't use it to replace your broadband connection but it's a fine supplement to use on the road or when you're away from a WiFi connection.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-09 08:09 AM
    If I do this, will there be an unlimited amount of data that I can use, or will they charge me after a certain amount? I'm not sure if on the website they are saying that there is a recommended plan you should use, or if it's the one required.

It states that it should be the 5GB/month plan with overages billed at $0.49 per megabyte. It also states that it is an additional $15.00 per month. Would this be on top of the charges I am getting for Unlimited?

Would it still end up being the same situation if I were to use TetherBerry instead of US Cellular's software?
    11-30-09 02:03 PM
    You're missing the point, one way or another you don't need TetherBerry.

With that out of the way, your $24.95/mo plan is unlimited. USCC's policy is that tethering is only allowed if you have the additional $15/mo tethering plan, which is capped.

However, if you tether without going nuts it won't raise any red flags and you'll be fine. As I mentioned, One of my lines tethers over 2GB/mo without the "required plan" and USCC has not batted an eyelash.
    11-30-09 02:44 PM
    Do people not use the search feature?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-09 04:52 PM
    There's a search feature???
    11-30-09 05:46 PM
    You're missing the point, one way or another you don't need TetherBerry.

With that out of the way, your $24.95/mo plan is unlimited. USCC's policy is that tethering is only allowed if you have the additional $15/mo tethering plan, which is capped.

However, if you tether without going nuts it won't raise any red flags and you'll be fine. As I mentioned, One of my lines tethers over 2GB/mo without the "required plan" and USCC has not batted an eyelash.
    I understand your point -- I just didn't know if it was tracked within the program, or through network traffic directly... I have now looked closer into how US Cellular has you set it up, and see that there is no actual software (I just glanced at it really quick on my lunch).

Other than that, thank you - it wasn't clear to me on the website if an unlimited plan would do the trick, or if you needed to have the 5GB plan.
    11-30-09 07:22 PM
    I understand your point -- I just didn't know if it was tracked within the program, or through network traffic directly... I have now looked closer into how US Cellular has you set it up, and see that there is no actual software (I just glanced at it really quick on my lunch).

Other than that, thank you - it wasn't clear to me on the website if an unlimited plan would do the trick, or if you needed to have the 5GB plan.
    The long and short of it is that USCC *wants* you to get the 5GB plan because it means another $15/mo in data revenue, that's it, nothing else.
    11-30-09 08:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD