As I am new to Blackberry and smartphones in general I just discovered tethering recently. I have a Curve 8900 and was wondering if tethering is an easy process. From what I understand it is generally frowned upon by carriers. Is this true for TMo? Also, is there a data limit that I would be in danger of exceeding? I would like to avoid any exorbitant charges on my bill if possible. Anything else you could tell me would be appreciated. Thanks.
    10-28-09 11:30 AM
    You can tether on tmobile for free on other carriers you have to pay.... You can call tmobile and they can help you setting it up on ur phone. Or you can do a google search for it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-09 12:24 PM
    I tether on my fiance's Pearl which is on the T-Mobile network. It isn't as fast as when I tethered with my Bold on AT&T, but it works. She has never had an scary warnings or extra charges or anything.
    10-28-09 12:52 PM
    T-Mobile does allow tethering on their data plans (like BB) so you shouldn't worry. If you look on their site, they don't have any add-ons for data tethering. That's because it's included.

The only data limit T-Mobile has it 10GB...which I highly doubt you'll reach. If you did, they would just slow your service for the rest of the month. No extra charges.

10-28-09 01:52 PM
    The new BlackBerry Desktop Manager 5.0 has an option to setup tethering for you. It works great.

10-29-09 04:06 AM
    The new BlackBerry Desktop Manager 5.0 has an option to setup tethering for you. It works great.

I couldn't find this option on DM 5.0. Where is it located?
    10-29-09 09:31 AM
    I sell T-Mo and I can also confirm there are no tethering charges for T-Mo as long as you have the data pack already.

Other carriers charge you $30 a month.. It's not super-fast or anything, but it'll do for you in a pinch. Just don't expect to be watching youtube or downloading movies off it..
    10-29-09 09:36 AM
    I couldn't find this option on DM 5.0. Where is it located?
    Have you installed the newest DM yet? I think its 5.0.1 or something like that. I saw it when i downloaded it yesterday. Try that.
    10-30-09 06:10 AM
    I've been using desktop manager 5.0 for some time now, and I can't get the tetherinng to work (dm gives some error). Where inside the phones O4 can I configure these settings? 8900 on T-mo usa.... Thanks!

10-30-09 07:23 AM
    I've been using desktop manager 5.0 for some time now, and I can't get the tetherinng to work (dm gives some error). Where inside the phones O4 can I configure these settings? 8900 on T-mo usa.... Thanks!

I dont think its a setting in the phone from what i could remember. Its on your computer. Do a search.
    10-30-09 02:42 PM
    If your using windows you just need to setup a dialup account. I've been doing it for a few years now. Just do a search on here or google for tmobile tethering and follow the instructions. Worked for me.

11-01-09 06:08 PM
    This stupid forum won't let me post links until I have 3 more posts (WTF?) but go here once you decipher it:

dubya dubya duya dot blackberryfaq dot com slash index.php/Using_BlackBerry_As_Modem
    11-03-09 10:05 PM
    I like the "dubya".....took me a few to figure that out. I have to remember that!
    11-04-09 09:48 PM
    11-04-09 11:35 PM
    That's one of the reasons I love TMO. They don't charge you for tethering. Follow the link on my signature and see if that helps you.

11-08-09 02:49 AM
    this is good news to hear this whole time i never new i could tether on my computer for free with t-mobile. ( guess surfing the crackberry forums do teach you something everynow and again.
    12-09-09 12:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD