Hi there, I have the unlimited plan with tmobile on my 8900. I am getting a new netbook for Christmas. Can I tether it to my 8900? Thanks!
    12-07-09 11:09 PM
    Check out the "How To" section here at Crackberry for a guide:

How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem
    12-08-09 12:21 AM
    Its easy plug in blackberry and start desktop manager, click ip modem.
    12-08-09 07:27 AM
    Awesome thanks for the heads up! Happy Holidays!
    12-08-09 12:23 PM
    Hi there, I have the unlimited plan with tmobile on my 8900. I am getting a new netbook for Christmas. Can I tether it to my 8900? Thanks!
    I do.......it works fine........easiest way is to use the IP Modem secion while connected to Desktop Manager.........the T-Mobile APN of wap.voistream.com is already listed in the configure menu.........this APN setting works fine or you can set up a custom configuration and use their newer APN of epc.tmobile.com .....either one will work just fine.
    12-08-09 01:42 PM
    Make sure you have DM 5.0 and above, in order to use the built-in tether so you don't have to dink around with computer settings. This, of course, is providing you receive a netbook with Windows OS - Linux, from what I understand, won't allow you to put DM on it (but I could be wrong.........)..
    cheers!
    12-08-09 02:11 PM
    T-Mobile does not charge for tethering correct?
    12-08-09 10:49 PM
    same question here i was actually wondering this myself does t-mobile charge for tethering?
    12-09-09 12:05 AM
    T-Mobile does not charge for tethering correct?
    Not on any current data plan I've seen. Let's see if Norris reads this thread. He's the expert on rate plans but I tether and am never charged. Of course, I also have an unlimited rate plan.
    12-09-09 11:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD