mine isn't working either. was just fine last month.
    09-22-09 01:26 AM
    This seems to be a bad business decision on the part of Sprint.

I would have to assume the number of people tethering their BB's on the Sprint network is small compared to the number of Sprint customers.

With Sprint projected to lose 4.4 million customers this year maybe they should try to stop the bleeding and give BlackBerry users back a feature that was a major positive to Sprint.

I'm not a very good writer but perhaps someone who is could write Sprint and let them know they may lose even more customers if they continue to cut off tethering.
    09-22-09 10:01 AM
    I used mine this morning. Still works for me.
    09-22-09 10:28 AM
    Tethering via Bluetooth on my Macbook still working.

Also tethering via USB + Desktop Manager + dial-up network configuration working fine on Vista too.
    09-22-09 01:06 PM
    Tethering via Bluetooth on my Macbook still working.

Also tethering via USB + Desktop Manager + dial-up network configuration working fine on Vista too.
    how did you do the USB with DM and dial up option? are there instructions anywhere? cuz i wanna find out if i can do that at my desktop too. i got that damn error 678 last week :/
    09-22-09 06:24 PM
    im tethered now before i got on i received error 678 i pulled the battery and unhooked the usb cord and replaced the battery and plugged it in it worked just fine im using dm + dial up
    09-22-09 09:45 PM
    Mine is still working just fine. I have a 8330 (not m) that I have tethered via bluetooth as a modem on my laptop, it dials in to the connection using #777. Working the same as always..... I am on the simply everything ($99) plan.
    09-23-09 08:29 AM
    I guess what I noticed is that this happened
    a) right after my new month started
    and
    b) right after 'Any Mobile, Any Time' was added to my line.

For that reason, I'm wondering if anyone who has an everything data plan AND 'Any Mobile, Any Time' is still tethering via USB or Bluetooth. If I have to buy a dongle to use bluetooth to tether, I will, but I don't want to buy it if it won't help.
    09-23-09 08:37 AM
    Yep my Any Mobile is active on my acct and I am posting right now being tethered to 8330. No issues here what so ever.
    09-23-09 09:41 AM
    So I tried tetherberry and it worked. Several people here have said it's the same as the DUN connection. I definitely can not get the DUN connection to work, but tetherberry does. Any ideas?
    09-23-09 12:47 PM
    My girlfriend has a curve and she was online lastnight. I have not tried it with my tour yet.
    09-23-09 12:53 PM
    I have only been with sprint for a few months and was told that this was a great "perk" of having everything data and a blackberry. I used it for about 2 months and then nothing. Just get that 678 error code. I have been on the phone with sprint and no results. They said that the simply everything data plan does not support PAM. What a load of crap. I have not tried any other method of connecting but I did tell them that it could be done without their permission so they should just let us do it. What a bunch of idiots over there at sprint customer service. I will not renew my contract and may even buyout early just because of bad business practices that they use. If anyone knows of a good tutorial or step by step that tells us how do connect another way please post link so we can do this.
    09-24-09 09:54 AM
    Jason,

It would be nice if Sprint was upfront about PAM. It's almost like they don't want to talk about it. Good luck finding any mention of it on their website. You can't tell if it is included or excluded from any plan.

They do mention however which phones support it. Odd, eh?

Tetherberry works without PAM. It cost $49.95 (one time) and it runs via your data plan, not PAM. For now it requires you to connect through a USB cable. They are talking about including Bluetooth connections later.

I am not aware of any cost-free way of tethering without PAM though.
    09-24-09 10:12 AM
    they are cutting people off, i used mine often and i guess they can tell. this should be against the law some how. does anyone know if there is anything better then tether-berry or faster so i can get broadband?
    09-24-09 10:44 AM
    PDAnet also works. IT is $29 (one time), but it needs OS 4.6 or higher so it won't work for many blackberry models.
    09-24-09 11:03 AM
    You know what is sad... I am not computer or BB savvy, and as soon as I figure out how to do something cool... I am no longer able to do it... I DONT LIKE SPRINT...
    09-24-09 05:24 PM
    Tetherberry should be just as fast as any other form of tethering.

Are any of you using smartview?
    I seldom use it, maybe that is why I havent been cut off.
    09-24-09 08:05 PM
    I just tried my girlfriends phone who is on my plan and she has the same phone. It didn't work with smartview either. I am starting to hate Sprint.
    09-24-09 08:09 PM
    I have used SmartView with my 8330 in the past. I haven't used it in a few weeks though - so I don't know if I've been affected or not (prob have).

It just irks me because if you have a 8330 (and maybe for others as well) in your Sprint Manual, pg. 42 if I'm not mistaken, it raves how one of the benefits of your Curve is the simple dual use for tethering. It mentions nothing about additional plans for charges.

How incredibly misleading..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-09 08:45 PM
    I have used SmartView with my 8330 in the past. I haven't used it in a few weeks though - so I don't know if I've been affected or not (prob have).

It just irks me because if you have a 8330 (and maybe for others as well) in your Sprint Manual, pg. 42 if I'm not mistaken, it raves how one of the benefits of your Curve is the simple dual use for tethering. It mentions nothing about additional plans for charges.

How incredibly misleading..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Its actually on page 47. It even says that you can go to the Sprint website and get the software for free. I'm going to have to check and see if I can still tether. If not, I might have to go raise **** at a Sprint Store.
    09-24-09 08:55 PM
    I use(d) SmartView frequently with my 8330 as of 2 days ago. Tonight I'm getting the Error 678 message. I haven't called Sprint to see what's up yet. I read somewhere on this or another forum that a tech had someone reset their blackberry and go through the re-register sequence which cleared the problem. I'll try that later.
    09-24-09 09:05 PM
    Lucky Sprint Store employees. I'm tethered right now as I type this.
    09-24-09 09:06 PM
    I use(d) SmartView frequently with my 8330 as of 2 days ago. Tonight I'm getting the Error 678 message. I haven't called Sprint to see what's up yet. I read somewhere on this or another forum that a tech had someone reset their blackberry and go through the re-register sequence which cleared the problem. I'll try that later.
    I reset/re-registered my 8330 and still no dice with SmartView. Error 678.
    09-24-09 09:38 PM
    You might try tetherberry
    09-24-09 09:54 PM
    Are we positive that Tetherberry will still work? I can't make it without tethering.
    09-24-09 10:52 PM
253 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD