I have Verizon as my carrier and I cant figure out how to get a text message to continue after the 160 characters? I hate having to send it and go in and start a whole new message if the original message I am trying to send takes up more than the 160 characters. Is there a way to set it so i dont have to do that?
    09-11-08 03:01 PM
    Same question not to long ago~today

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/ver...texting-71123/
    09-11-08 03:03 PM
    If you are using a BB, then no 160 is the limit. All the other WM and POS phones can send over 160, but it will be broken up into more than one text.

Only way around a message over 160 on a BB is send when u hit 160 or email

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-08 03:04 PM
    or send your text mms. it's for pictures but you can type up to 1000 characters i'm positive. i do it all the time.
    09-11-08 03:11 PM
    Thanks Everyone!
    09-11-08 03:16 PM
    or send your text mms. it's for pictures but you can type up to 1000 characters i'm positive. i do it all the time.
    Never thought of trying it that way.
    09-11-08 03:49 PM
    yeah too bad us poor Sprint people can't do MMs, ever feel sorry for us?? haha I kid!!!
    09-11-08 03:59 PM
    yeah too bad us poor Sprint people can't do MMs, ever feel sorry for us?? haha I kid!!!
    I read this a lot and it confuses me. I was in a Sprint store not too long ago and took a picture with one of the phones in the store. Then I sent the message to my Verizon phone. Isn't that MMS?
    09-11-08 09:31 PM
    you can email pics to an email address but you can send a pic from a phone to a phone...make sense? So basically if you want to send a pic to someone who can't get email on their phone, you can't do it!
    09-11-08 09:33 PM
    you can email pics to an email address but you can send a pic from a phone to a phone...make sense? So basically if you want to send a pic to someone who can't get email on their phone, you can't do it!
    Hmm...OK.
    I sent it from the Sprint phone to my phone number, not my email address. I received it on my phone as an MMS message, not email.

Thanks anyway. I guess I'm just missing something. No big deal, I use Verizon anyway.
    09-11-08 09:36 PM
    Hmm...OK.
    I sent it from the Sprint phone to my phone number, not my email address. I received it on my phone as an MMS message, not email.

Thanks anyway. I guess I'm just missing something. No big deal, I use Verizon anyway.
    Yes, but were you using a sprint *blackberry* or a different device?

09-11-08 09:40 PM
    Yes, but were you using a sprint *blackberry* or a different device?
    I was using a Sprint phone. I forget which one, but it was a "regular" phone, not a BlackBerry or other smartphone. I just snapped a pic and sent it--worked fine.
    09-11-08 09:42 PM
    yeah i had an old Sanyo phone that i thought sent MMs too but i'm positive blackberries don't.
    09-11-08 11:08 PM
    I was using a Sprint phone. I forget which one, but it was a "regular" phone, not a BlackBerry or other smartphone. I just snapped a pic and sent it--worked fine.
    Exactly. Only sprint blackberries lack mms capabilities, for whatever reason.

09-12-08 12:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD