I'm asking on behalf of a friend who is a Telus customer. She has an older model curve. Wants to upgrade to the 9700. Telus says they changed their upgrade policy and will now offer her 200 dollars towards the purchase of a new phone, but she owes 450 to pay for the 9700. I say this is bull****. I'm a Rogers customer. If i want to get a new phone, I resign for a 3 year plan and pay the contract price- I just got my 9700 for 199 plus an admin fee.

She went to a store and got this info. Does Telus have a customer relations department similar to Rogers and a toll free # she can call to get some answers?

Thanks.
    01-05-10 05:28 PM
    They have a customer loyalty and retention dept. Phone and ask to be connected to them. Now if she still has time left in her contract she really probably won't get a whole lot more...If her contract is up just threaten to goto rogers etc.
    01-05-10 05:41 PM
    1 877 279 3100 is the number for Telus Loyalty & Retention.

As for what she's been told, it's consistent with what I was told when I contacted Loyalty & Retention. All they'll offer is a partial subsidy on a new phone WITH re-signing. If she goes with the 9700, she'll lose her current data plan and have to opt into Telus' clear & simple (rip off) plans.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-10 07:31 PM
    Good luck to your friend. If she's got 6 months or less left in her contract she should be able to get the new 3 yr pricing for the phone, otherwise it's only $200 off the list price. I've not had any luck myself, but I'm going to wait a bit longer before I try again.
    01-05-10 09:57 PM
    I'm asking on behalf of a friend who is a Telus customer. She has an older model curve. Wants to upgrade to the 9700. Telus says they changed their upgrade policy and will now offer her 200 dollars towards the purchase of a new phone, but she owes 450 to pay for the 9700. I say this is bull****. I'm a Rogers customer. If i want to get a new phone, I resign for a 3 year plan and pay the contract price- I just got my 9700 for 199 plus an admin fee.

She went to a store and got this info. Does Telus have a customer relations department similar to Rogers and a toll free # she can call to get some answers?

Thanks.
    I work for telus and what they said to her is right. Not more than 200$ more than 6 months before the end... That's the new policy for the next months at least.

Someone tell me that just extent 4 days from the 6 months need the menager approbation at LNR(loyalty/retention). It's just crazy...
    01-05-10 10:08 PM
    Wow- and I thought Rogers ripped people off.

this is just criminal. If someone is re-signing then they should get the contract price.
    01-05-10 10:43 PM
    Wow- and I thought Rogers ripped people off.

this is just criminal. If someone is re-signing then they should get the contract price.
    Why is it criminal? They got a deal when they originally purchased their phone and so they need to complete their contract that gave them the deal. We make the conscious choice to sign a legally binding contract in order to save several hundred dollars. By doing so, we also have to fill our end of the bargain.

If you don't want to sign a contract, no problem... Buy the phone outright.

01-06-10 12:58 AM
    It took me about 1 hour of negotiation over the phone with Telus but I was able to get 450$ off the price of my Bold. I did this several time and it worked. You have to sign for a 3 year contract but...
    01-08-10 08:44 AM
    It took me about 1 hour of negotiation over the phone with Telus but I was able to get 450$ off the price of my Bold. I did this several time and it worked. You have to sign for a 3 year contract but...
    Nice work. How far were you into your current contract?
    01-08-10 06:22 PM
    Yup, some patience and a firm hand is what I did back when I was trying switch to the Tour after using the craptastic HTC Touch Diamond 6 months into my contract. The rep initially gave me $200 off towards any data device but eventually got 3 months free off my voice plan ($135 value) and allowed me to continue my contract instead of starting over at 3 years again.
    01-09-10 12:18 AM
    Telus has changed their subsidies on new phones. They are crap now. From now on I will pay full price for my phones and not sign any contract.

A year ago when I got my Storm, I was able to get them to give me a $100 subsidy on the phone, and the remainder of the phone value in savings on my monthly plan....I was only 6 months into a 3 year contract at the time, so I figured I did pretty good. Shortly thereafter they significantly reduced their subsidies on all new phones. If you haven't noticed, very few if any of the new smart phones are free on a 3 year contract. It used to be that almost all of them except the newest and best were free on a contract.

Even the 8330 is now $50 on a 3 yr contract, a year ago it was free on a 3 year contract when my wife got one.
    01-21-10 07:35 AM
    It's actually 0 on a 3 year contract, has been like that on their site for the past couple days.
    01-21-10 08:56 AM
    Unless you got a super deal like for free or buying the phone for 200 $ it is not worth it.
    I went to AT&T store while on a business travel. Bought BOLD 9700 no questions then they told me what to do to unlock it. Call customer care open a ticket blabla proof of purchace to fax.. then the next day I got an email with my unlock code.
    Went to telus bought a sim and called customer care to swap devices.
    EVERYTHING works like charm. GPS BB MAPS BIS account BES..!

If I would buy it from telus it was 650 -200 =450 if I RENEW FOR 3 years... man
    Who will sell his soul for 200 $.
    01-21-10 08:44 PM
    Unless you got a super deal like for free or buying the phone for 200 $ it is not worth it.
    I went to AT&T store while on a business travel. Bought BOLD 9700 no questions then they told me what to do to unlock it. Call customer care open a ticket blabla proof of purchace to fax.. then the next day I got an email with my unlock code.
    Went to telus bought a sim and called customer care to swap devices.
    EVERYTHING works like charm. GPS BB MAPS BIS account BES..!

If I would buy it from telus it was 650 -200 =450 if I RENEW FOR 3 years... man
    Who will sell his soul for 200 $.
    Nice! Was it a flat $350 or did you have to pay more and send in a rebate?
    01-21-10 09:37 PM
    whaaa outright 9700 on at&t is 350? hmm...
    01-21-10 10:56 PM
    Sorry Guys was banned because my ***TELUS* username I am back.
    Yep I was in connecticut chechire went to store and bout it although the tax is lower about 6% I was away for 2 days so I was able to declare it to customs without any problem as well.

Maybe in store aT&T has special prices !!!
    01-26-10 11:42 PM
    Sorry Guys was banned because my ***TELUS* username I am back.
    Yep I was in connecticut chechire went to store and bout it although the tax is lower about 6% I was away for 2 days so I was able to declare it to customs without any problem as well.

Maybe in store aT&T has special prices !!!
    why would you even declare it at customs. Just keep the damn thing in your pocket lol
    01-28-10 11:08 AM
    because I wanted people to know that we can bring in Blackberrys from States legally much cheaper than the insane crazy prices we have.
    Seriously would you pay 700$+Tax at Eaton center for an unlocked Robbers BOLD 9700 ?
    02-04-10 06:57 PM
    I was able to get my phone for $100 cheaper through the Telus Teamwebstore with an employee email info I found off the internet. For every phone purchased with his referral info he gets some type of bonus. Worked for both of us and I think it works for renewals. PM me if you want the info.
    02-04-10 08:40 PM
    I just tried the threaten I'll cancel trick but didn't work. Have about 1.5 yrs left on my contract and my pearl is broken, need a new BB, want to get the 9700 *duh* but as others mentioned, it costs an arm and a leg. I was offered 250 off any BB by the L&R manager, he said unfortunately Telus will not extend ANY contract longer than 3 years, no exceptions. He also said there have been many changes to their services and they have upgraded their entire network, this is why all the changes in fees, phones, plans, etc. No matter what, I will never switch to any other provider, I have been with bell and Rogers and would rather give up my BB than have to sign with either of THOSE scammers. Telus is one of the few honest (semi) Canadian companies left, I will support them as much as I do canada's men's hockey team!

02-17-10 01:59 AM
    Yet another way to get good price ( 3 years rebate you pay 150 for the bold 9700).
    Conditions:
    You are on an old plan willing to change your number
    Resign for 3 years contract data and voice.

The rep will activate a "new number" and add it to your account he will put call forwarding on your old account so you get calls on your old number.
    No penalties you will pay for the 35 $ activation fees.

Went with a colleague on sainte catherine store montreal and got the bold after arguing that resigning the contract ( had 1.5 year left i.e 360 $ ETF) is better to get the 500 3 years rebate !
    The rep then proposed to activate the new number to be able to do this trick !
    02-17-10 10:56 PM
    Yet another way to get good price ( 3 years rebate you pay 150 for the bold 9700).
    Conditions:
    You are on an old plan willing to change your number
    Resign for 3 years contract data and voice.

The rep will activate a "new number" and add it to your account he will put call forwarding on your old account so you get calls on your old number.
    No penalties you will pay for the 35 $ activation fees.

Went with a colleague on sainte catherine store montreal and got the bold after arguing that resigning the contract ( had 1.5 year left i.e 360 $ ETF) is better to get the 500 3 years rebate !
    The rep then proposed to activate the new number to be able to do this trick !
    You do know that's boderline fraud. On top of that you're now paying for 2 lines so your instant savings will not be saving you down the road.

That rep was more interested in his commission and in cases like this when we catch it, it's reported.

The store and the rep can face some serious consequences.
    02-28-10 10:28 AM
    I just tried the threaten I'll cancel trick but didn't work. Have about 1.5 yrs left on my contract and my pearl is broken, need a new BB, want to get the 9700 *duh* but as others mentioned, it costs an arm and a leg. I was offered 250 off any BB by the L&R manager, he said unfortunately Telus will not extend ANY contract longer than 3 years, no exceptions. He also said there have been many changes to their services and they have upgraded their entire network, this is why all the changes in fees, phones, plans, etc.
    Nope, they can give the full 3-year renewal as long as you've done at least 18 months of your prior contract.
    I called Loyalty for my wife just last month (Feb 2010). I was able to challenge them since my business has been allowed to do this multiple times. After I said that, that part of the negotiation was a done deal and the agent never mentioned it again. No manager involvement.
    03-03-10 04:17 PM
    Hey voltaire64 I cant PM because I don't have enough posts. Can you please send me that info?

Thanks
    04-21-10 03:26 AM
    I'm pretty sure if you are on a contract and want a new phone you can buy a used one (kijiji) and put it on your contract (I think its called a headset swap) can't you?

or can you just pay the no contract price for a brand new phone from the storefront??
    04-21-10 03:28 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD