Hi! I work for a Telus store in Quebec. Today the Blackberry rep pass in the store to talk to us about the 8530. He said that the phone will be lunch next week and it will be available in black, silver or purple!

What a nice new!
    01-14-10 10:35 PM
    Nice! Let us know if you hear any word about whether Telus is getting the Tour 2.
    01-15-10 04:48 AM
    Any word on pricing? Bell sells the 8530 for 399.99 no contract. Should we expect the same pricing?
    01-15-10 03:03 PM
    399 without contrat, 49 on 3 years.

the 8330 is now on 0$ for 2 years!!!!
    01-15-10 04:01 PM
    Many reports state Telus will not carry the Tour 2 9650. Can you confimr or deny this information. Did you happen to ask the bb rep if the Tour 2 will come to Telus? They are trying to migrate everyone to HSPA.
    01-15-10 04:11 PM
    I dont have any official date for the Curve release.

For the Tour 9650 ''Essex'', the rep dont had any information at the moment... (release date too far). The Blackberry reps knows about pre-release or released product, not futur. He dont know about the 5.0 for the S1

For HSPA, telus still release CDMA phone, the S2 and Curve2 were released after HSPA network... Why the Tour2 could not be sold at Telus?
    01-15-10 04:32 PM
    Because the Tour 2 is too similar to the BB 9700. So there is no point in releasing it. And it will delay people from going to HSPA. Didn't you say the Curve 2 would be out next week? lol
    01-15-10 04:34 PM
    Why they accept to get the Tour when they'll get the Bold 4 months later? The Tour1 is still at 149 and the Bold is at 199... And we sell both!

If the Tour2 get out with a competitive price there is no reason to dont get it...

Exemple:
    S1 and Curve1 0$
    Pearl Flip 0$(or discontinued )
    Curve2 49$
    Tour1 79$
    Tour2 149$
    Bold 9700 199$

*speculative prices

it could be a winner price, no?
    01-15-10 04:41 PM
    Telus and Bell spent millions on new HSPA network.

The reason they launched BB 9700 is self explanatory. It works on HSPA. The Tour will not.

They would have Curve 2 as entry level BB, BB Storm 2 and BB 9700.

They might launch Tour 2 but it'll be too late. The new phones coming out this year like new iphone and milsetone etc are all superor in hardware than the Tour 2.
    01-15-10 04:53 PM
    Are you getting the dummy units next week? Or is this a February launch?
    01-15-10 04:56 PM
    Why they accept to get the Tour when they'll get the Bold 4 months later? The Tour1 is still at 149 and the Bold is at 199... And we sell both!

If the Tour2 get out with a competitive price there is no reason to dont get it...

Exemple:
    S1 and Curve1 0$
    Pearl Flip 0$(or discontinued )
    Curve2 49$
    Tour1 79$
    Tour2 149$
    Bold 9700 199$

*speculative prices

it could be a winner price, no?
    01-15-10 06:19 PM
    Are you getting the dummy units next week? Or is this a February launch?
    The phone should be available next week. Probably it will not be in store he first day but you'll can order it.
    01-15-10 06:21 PM
    Awesome! Thanks for the info

I hope it's a nice shade of purple - not a fan of the Rogers one. This is something I might consider buying on either a 1 year or at full price to ride out the last year of my contract
    01-15-10 09:09 PM
    but will they disable the picture msging? im tired of getting msgs that i have a new picture sent to me when i actually dont, its just the other part of the text msg that i never get. if they do that, ill have to get the 9700. is it going to be 3G? not that it matters but just curious
    01-16-10 09:34 AM
    Not sure of that, but probably yes...

And no 3G, the phone is CDMA. It's the same phone as Bell and Verizon have...
    01-16-10 10:05 AM
    sorry no text,
    01-16-10 01:50 PM
    Not sure of that, but probably yes...

And no 3G, the phone is CDMA. It's the same phone as Bell and Verizon have...
    Sorry, I apologize I am not trying to make personal attacks or anything. But as a dealer, you should be a little bit more informed lol! jk. No hard feelings.

First of all, CDMA EVDO is currently considered 3G. So the Curve2 8530 which is capable of EVDO is a 3G device. The model 8520 is not a 3G device but that is carried on GSM carriers.

Secondly, picture messaging is not compatible with the CDMA network for smartphones on the Telus network so picture messages cannot be received/sent on phone. You would have to log onto tm.com/snap to view pictures.
    01-16-10 01:51 PM
    Sorry my mistakes, when I said 3G I mean HSPA. Rogers call HSPA the 3G network, but for telus 3G is EVDO... It's a bit confusing...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-10 01:54 PM
    Sorry my mistakes, when I said 3G I mean HSPA. Rogers call HSPA the 3G network, but for telus 3G is EVDO... It's a bit confusing...

Lol, no worries. Not to nitpick, but HSPA is 3g+ for both Telus, Bell Rogers and whoever.

I hope Telus gets the Tour but the Curve will have to do. At least it's cheap!
    01-16-10 03:02 PM
    No, look at a telus coverage map and it will confirm what I say.

You have EVDO, 3G and 3G+. Rogers have EDGE, 3G and 3G+

All phone that are 3G are 3G+, but in some area(provice of quebec for exemple) we have only 3G. On a phone it make no difference between 3G and 3G+. The difference is on connection usb key.

01-16-10 03:06 PM
    Huh? You are completely confused. Just because a phone says 3G doesn't mean it's 3G. For example, the iPhone 3GS and BB 9700 are HSPA devices which are 3G+ but on the phone, it will say Telus 3G on the network indicator on the screen. That's pre-programmed by the manufacturer.

3G+ is HSPA because it's considered 3.5G which is natural progression to 4G which is LTE which is years away.

Just go look at telusmobility.com. It categorizes 3G+ devices as the HSPA devices and 3G for the other CDMA data devices etc.

HSPA air cards runs on 3G+ which is HSPA.

CDMA air cards runs on 3G which is EVDO.
    Last edited by ariescb; 01-16-10 at 03:32 PM.
    01-16-10 03:28 PM
    No, look at a telus coverage map and it will confirm what I say.

You have EVDO, 3G and 3G+. Rogers have EDGE, 3G and 3G+

All phone that are 3G are 3G+, but in some area(provice of quebec for exemple) we have only 3G. On a phone it make no difference between 3G and 3G+. The difference is on connection usb key.

3G does not equal 3G+. 3G is EVDO. 3G+ is HSPA. You are missing that telus has 1X which is digital slower than EVDO. Please refer to telusmobility.com to see how they categorize 3G and 3G+ devices.

Seriously, I can't believe some dealers who sell these phones on a daily basis but are completely clueless lol on their own products and network.
    01-16-10 03:30 PM
    I know I know I sell it! I only repeat what Telus said in formation. I know that officially 3G is EVDO, HSPA is 3.5 and LTE is 4G...

Look at telusmobility.com and see the coverage map, you'll understand what I mean.

01-16-10 03:33 PM

Seriously, I can't believe some dealers who sell these phones on a daily basis but are completely clueless lol on their own products and network.
    Euh sorry? We are the bigest dealer in estern canada, and I'm the one in this dealer who is respossible of all data program, I think I know what I'm talking about, and you who are you?

Canada : 3G+ couverture | 3G+ | Couverture | Soutien | TELUS Mobilité

Canada : 3G couverture | 3G | Couverture | Soutien | TELUS Mobilité

SO OFFICIALLY: EVDO REV-A IS CALLED 3G, HSPA IS ALSO CALLED 3G, AND HSPA+ IS CALLED 3G+.

Those info come from an OFFICIAL telus bulletin released october 26 09.

Dont say I'm a dumb because those info are OFFICIAL
    01-16-10 03:42 PM
    You make me laugh. Because you're wrong yet you continue to debate and argue.

Let's just say my job entails cleaning up your messes/misinformation to clients.

HSPA/HSPA+ is 3G+. It's been confirmed already numerous times on other boards. If you don't know this by now..je ne sais pas.
    Last edited by ariescb; 01-16-10 at 07:00 PM.
    01-16-10 04:25 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD