Can anyone help me out? Back 3 or so months ago, roughly 6 months into my contract telus calls me up out of the blue and tells me that i can have a 150$ credit if i upgraded to a new phone. At the time it wasn't feasible for me, tonight i was looking at the Tour and was going to get it however i though mabey i still had the 150$ credit on my account. Turns out it ran out in october. So i called telus and spoke to a rep to see if he would be able to credit it back on to my account and he told me that they don't even give credit till at least 1 year into a 3 year contract, It was funny because i told him when i was 6months into my contract they offered me 150$, Is there anyway to get that credit back for a new phone? keep calling into telus complaining?
    12-04-09 09:02 PM
    If you've been with Telus for awhile, don't bother speaking with the vanilla customer reps. Get a hold of Loyalty and Retention since they are the ones who can work the magic.
    12-05-09 03:14 AM
    Last card i played with them was "So if i pay the $200 cancellation i can just go to Rogers and get *this* for free..." . . . and point out their boxing week sale... (must wait till boxing week).

Their pants will drop. ; ) Good luck!
    12-06-09 12:24 PM
    If you've been with Telus for awhile, don't bother speaking with the vanilla customer reps. Get a hold of Loyalty and Retention since they are the ones who can work the magic.
    Heh.. vanilla reps? I know I'm being silly, but was that a typo (Manila), or a joke?

Last card i played with them was "So if i pay the $200 cancellation i can just go to Rogers and get *this* for free..." . . . and point out their boxing week sale... (must wait till boxing week).

Their pants will drop. ; ) Good luck!
    AFAIK, Telus charges $20/month for all remaining months in your contract if you cancel. Roughly, (as I don't know if the original poster is past the first year) the absolute minimum they would pay is $480 (+ probable taxes). This number could increase if they have not reached the first 12 months.
    12-13-09 04:12 PM
    ^^^ Biggest telus rep evar.
    12-13-09 04:52 PM
    ^^^ Biggest telus rep evar.
    Uh huh.. cause calling reps with wrong info always makes you look more stupid.
    12-13-09 05:07 PM
    i was 3 months into 3 yr contract and i got 150 off a new phone if i renewed 3 yrs again lol
    12-13-09 05:25 PM
    Uh huh.. cause calling reps with wrong info always makes you look more stupid.
    You're deflecting from you being a Telus employee... by bringing up useless rhetoric, that actually makes no sense once-so-ever.

... if the rep on the phone tells me it's $200 to cancel, than I'm inclined to believe them... perhaps they did the math for me ?... as i was under a year to go on my contract.

lol, your false assumptions are right on par with Telus representation though...

Btw, you saying "more stupid" makes you look stupid....and if you were attempting sarcasm (as it doesn't make sense as is, beyond the horrific grammar), you're suppose to emphasize the opposite of what you actually said (though i do thank you for your unintended compliment). . . and while I'm on a good train here; "cause" is not the word you're looking for here. Try "because", yes "cause" is in "because"... just a completely different word...

Again, this is all very indicative of a typical Telus rep. I thought we all asked them to stay off the consumer chat?

[/rant]
    12-13-09 06:27 PM
    You're deflecting from you being a Telus employee... by bringing up useless rhetoric, that actually makes no sense once-so-ever.

... if the rep on the phone tells me it's $200 to cancel, than I'm inclined to believe them... perhaps they did the math for me ?... as i was under a year to go on my contract.

lol, your false assumptions are right on par with Telus representation though...

Btw, you saying "more stupid" makes you look stupid....and if you were attempting sarcasm (as it doesn't make sense as is, beyond the horrific grammar), you're suppose to emphasize the opposite of what you actually said (though i do thank you for your unintended compliment). . . and while I'm on a good train here; "cause" is not the word you're looking for here. Try "because", yes "cause" is in "because"... just a completely different word...

Again, this is all very indicative of a typical Telus rep. I thought we all asked them to stay off the consumer chat?

[/rant]
    Dude (or chic, who knows) this thread is obviously going to turn into a flame war since you decided to take it down that road. You calling everyone a Telus rep, when they give pro-telus answers makes you look silly. If it was your intended joke it really is stupid. The original poster was looking for a logical answer. You on the other hand provide an answer that is more-less not logical for them. You mention a $200 cancellation fee, like it's set in stone. No where did you mention this $200 was quoted to you by Telus, nor did you mention you were less than 12 months away to your contract expiry.

The average person reading that comment (without doing further research, like I had) would understand that it's much more than $200 to cancel. And therefore, calling Telus and quoting this phantom "$200 cancellation fee" would make the caller look stupid. I never once intended to call YOU stupid.

And since you wanted to depict the grammar in my post (seeing as trolls love to do this);

useless rhetoric.. actually, if you factor in my comment to the original posters and yours.. it does make sense. Reread it, with my explanation above. Oh, and what the ****, once-so-ever? mmkay.

And actually, cause was the word I was looking for.. just forgot to include the apostrophe to indicate colloquial, just as you so happened to include in your "^^^ Biggest telus rep evar" comment.

Lets just end this, eh?
    12-13-09 07:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD