according the law, pretty sure thats the case.
    01-24-10 02:01 PM
    No text or notification yet for me......

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-10 02:55 PM
    Only if you are on one of those plans can you cancel contract?
    01-24-10 04:20 PM
    Yea, if they actually pull this nonsense its against the terms as documented on the CWTA's website.
    01-24-10 04:40 PM
    ^^ i might be wrong. But is it possible that its just for one province?

Because i have few telus frends in GTA and so far no one has received any text about ths.
    01-24-10 06:57 PM
    Hmmm.....could be...well lets watch and see if anyone recieves anything leading up to march 4th. If/when you do, post here kinda thing.
    01-25-10 12:25 AM
    I'm a small business user and I'm on a variable flex rate plan for data and voice. I bet you eventually everyone will be paying the amount per month that I pay. I won't say what I pay because it's already high enough and I don't want to incite anything here. But I do say that once you're paying what I'm paying, I've found the rates to be pretty stable and the perks and features they give you are pretty good. Shame you have to pay so much though.
    01-26-10 11:15 AM
    well gents, looks like its official. Everyone post what you can...i'm definitely going to raise a stink about this....
    02-02-10 01:48 AM
    Just registered to post this...:

Dear Valued Client,

Important changes to local and long distance rates

Please note that on March 4th, 2010, the monthly fee for Call Canada 30, Nationwide 30, North America 35, or Unlimited Web, Email and Instant Messaging will increase by $5.

We recognize that you have a choice for your wireless services and we thank you for choosing TELUS.

Sincerely,

Dan Golberg
    Vice President, Client Loyalty & Retention
    02-02-10 03:26 PM
    EDIT: Looks like the information I was given initially was incorrect. See my response below.
    Last edited by Krypto; 02-03-10 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Retraction
    02-02-10 05:31 PM
    Krypto, it's up to Telus to make themselves clear in their communications. It's not my responsibility to waste my time on hold with L&R to find out if it applies to me or not.

A simple "This change will not affect existing services you already pay for, only new services that you add" would be an effective and clear way of ending all speculation. It's a shame that they went to all the trouble to tell me the prices were going up without telling me that they weren't going up for me.
    02-02-10 07:06 PM
    I don't think its possible for anybody to add unlimited data to any account anymore, as those plans don't exist anymore. That is why what the rep told you doesn't make sense. If you remove your unlimited data plan for whatever reason, you can't get it added back. So the price increases must apply to current customers with the plans, because how do you apply a price increase to a situation that theoretically should never happen according to Telus' rules?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-02-10 10:20 PM
    I don't think its possible for anybody to add unlimited data to any account anymore, as those plans don't exist anymore. That is why what the rep told you doesn't make sense. If you remove your unlimited data plan for whatever reason, you can't get it added back. So the price increases must apply to current customers with the plans, because how do you apply a price increase to a situation that theoretically should never happen according to Telus' rules?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    Yeah, I posted in another thread, this affects everybody and what Krypto was told is incorrect.
    02-03-10 02:07 AM
    I will be following up on this, but for now, I think it's safe to say that no one here knows anything for sure unless they work for Telus and are willing to look into it themselves. In the meantime, it's all speculation.
    Last edited by Krypto; 02-03-10 at 02:48 AM.
    02-03-10 02:43 AM
    I am retracting my previous comments. Looks like I was wrong (although I'll now be following up with Telus and raising a stink over the information I received). But you can now take this as an official answer as I now have an email record of it. Here is the important info:

"If you do have one of the plans listed for increase, that plan will be subject to the increase."
    02-03-10 02:37 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD