Anyone else get a whole bunch of new Telus related apps pushed to your phone?

The following icons with browser links just showed up on my phone:

• BlackBerry App World
    • Telus Navigator
    • Telus mobile music
    • Telus mobile tv
    • Telus portal by Pocket Express
    • Telus International Roaming Guide
    • Telus mobile radio

Looks like Telus is really trying to push their services.

EDIT: Before posting, please at least read the first page. The reason for this has now been solved. It has to do with differences in Telus data plans. Users with the unlimited data plans will not get these service books, while Telus users on regular BIS data plans will get them. Of course these icons can be hidden (and yes I've hidden them), so there is no need to post that anymore.
    Last edited by Krypto; 02-12-10 at 02:31 AM.
    02-03-10 04:52 PM
    All those have been on my phone for at least a few months now.
    02-03-10 05:34 PM
    Hmm... Interesting. So was this a staggered push, or did it relate to the type of data plan you have?

I did just change plans so I wonder if that's why then.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-10 06:03 PM
    none for me on my storm
    02-03-10 06:40 PM
    Believe me when I say that I'm not complaining about having more Telus icons to hide, but I have never had an icon pushed to my phone from Telus. Is this something new?

02-03-10 06:41 PM
    All those have been on my phone for at least a few months now.
    They showed up a couple of months ago on mine too. I just hid them all. You can also delete the relevant service books, but the come right back whenever you do a battery pull.
    02-03-10 07:41 PM
    Believe me when I say that I'm not complaining about having more Telus icons to hide, but I have never had an icon pushed to my phone from Telus. Is this something new?

At this point, be happy! I know others on Verizon, Sprint, AT&T and many of them get 12 icons pushed to their phones.

I have a feeling that mine got pushed to my phone because of a data plan change. But it may also be that Telus is just slowly pushing the service books to everyone's phones, so you may see them yet.
    02-03-10 08:00 PM
    Had these since got my phone in june. And everytime I install a new os they are automatically pushed from telus on first startup

02-03-10 09:42 PM
    Had them since I bought my first BB in August. Thet always show up right away. You guys are lucky. I don't really care if we get them, but that's 6 or so more icons I have to move each time I change my theme.
    02-03-10 10:12 PM
    At this point, be happy! I know others on Verizon, Sprint, AT&T and many of them get 12 icons pushed to their phones.

I have a feeling that mine got pushed to my phone because of a data plan change. But it may also be that Telus is just slowly pushing the service books to everyone's phones, so you may see them yet.
    It would be due to the change of data plan more than likely. Did you previously have an email and IM or social networking plan?
    02-04-10 12:41 AM
    I didn't even think of that. I've had the BB 45 since I got my phone, so I've always had the data push.

Good catch in the post above!
    02-04-10 01:10 AM
    I didn't even think of that. I've had the BB 45 since I got my phone, so I've always had the data push.

Good catch in the post above!
    Yeah its kind of weird that they aren't pushed regardless because mobile radio and tv and other telus apps dont use data technically, they do but it isn't billable if you don't have a data plan.

I've had them since they first became available
    02-04-10 01:25 AM
    I used to have the unlimited data plan. I ended up changing it due to the upcoming price increase.

But I actually just noticed something else. For the first time since I got my Storm over a year ago, I had service books for the Application Center. Looks like that's why I never had the Application Center on my phone before. There is likely a configuration setting associated with the unlimited data plan that restricted the service books solely to those that were included with the data plan (i.e. data, email and instant messaging). All other plans are considered full BlackBerry plans, so all of the BlackBerry related apps are pushed to the phone.

After a year I finally have the answer to why I (and others) never had an Application Center on our Storms, even though we knew there was supposed to be one. Go figure. Of course now with App World, the Application Center is a moot point for most BB users. But still, it's nice to have this solved. My guess is the Telus techs never figured this one out.
    Last edited by Krypto; 02-04-10 at 02:28 AM.
    02-04-10 02:22 AM
    I create another folder and drop all the telus Icons in it. Then I hide the folder
    02-11-10 10:30 AM
    I create another folder and drop all the telus Icons in it. Then I hide the folder
    Hehe, exactly how I did it.
    02-11-10 11:32 AM
    Ever since I started messing around with OS 5.0 builds for my Tour, I've pre-shrank all my OS's and stripped out the Application Center before installation. I've not received any pushed icons except for the Telus WAP browser which I quickly deleted and have not seen return. Not sure if it makes any difference, but I use the .419 leak instead of the Telus release. Would that matter?
    02-11-10 03:52 PM
    I had these from last year when I got my Tour...I just hide them no biggie
    02-11-10 07:10 PM
    Hide em and move on. Thats the best advice I can give you.
    02-11-10 07:35 PM
    hmm I never got those I con's. Not that I am complaining.
    02-11-10 08:54 PM
    hmm I never got those I con's. Not that I am complaining.
    Do you have the unlimited data plan? If so, that's why. I've now figured it out.
    02-12-10 02:23 AM
    Hide em and move on. Thats the best advice I can give you.
    Umm, yeah, thanks for that wonderful piece of advice (given that it was done in the first 5 minutes after noticing them).

Do people even read the entire thread before posting responses? 'Cause if you had guaranteed I wouldn't be getting multiple responses like this.

But this thread has actually helped in figuring out some interesting things with Telus data plans. Since you're with Verizon, you wouldn't understand.
    02-12-10 02:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD