03-28-10 11:21 PM
185 ... 678
tools
    Hi
    I am new here and need some advice. I am in the market for a new phone and really want to get the blackberry curve. However I am not really faund of the price tag. It is quite expensive. I am currently with Telus from Ontario and pay about 40 dollars a month on 2 year contract which is up in september. I been comparing with Rogers and Telus as well as to where it is cheaper to uphold. I wastold 70 dollars a month at Rogers if I were to go with the data plan and the voice plan that is very expensive I dont know why people would fork over free money for nothing when its not worth it no matter how much the phone is, its just a phone, they only want your money.

I am looking to go with the cheapest plan 50-60 dollars a month no more than that.

I want the text messaging, and the instant messaging all those features and web browsing.

Any advice from Ontario residents?
    Key is to shop around and see what's out there, then call Loyalty and Retention. Just say you feel like you're getting nickel and dimed by them and you aren't getting your value compared to what other Telus customer's are getting.
    05-06-09 06:28 PM
    Loyalty Messaging 3 year-$15 *Free - I signed a 3 year contract for this.
    Can someone please tell me what this feature is? Thank you!
    05-07-09 12:54 PM
    It's hard to say exactly if it's coming from Loyalty & Retention as they could have given you a better benefit than the currently advertised packages. The safest thing to do (as opposed to risking a high bill by, for example, using a lot of texting when that may not be included in your plan) is to call them and ask. The direct line for Loyalty & Retention is 1 877 279 3100. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-09 08:17 AM
    67$ all taxes and fees included

-200 day time minutes
    -unlimited from 6pm and wk-end
    -500 mb data
    -Caller id
    -Voice mail 10
    -Unlimited text messages

it's the sweat deal 17.50+smart phone package 35+7.70(911 and network access)+tx

Pretty satisfied... Will negociate something better next time I'll change my phone!
    05-10-09 06:15 PM
    200 anytime minutes
    unlimited text,video,picture msging
    caller ID
    early evenings and weekends (6pm)
    500mb data
    voicemail
    call waiting

about $70 a month with taxes and all
    11-27-09 03:16 PM
    im gonna resign a 3 year contract with telus, i wanna get the blackberry social plan it comes with

-250 mins
    -unlimited text
    -unlimited facebook, msn, myspace and bbm
    -unlimited nights after 9pm and weekends
    -voicemail 3, callwaiting and confrence calling

in december they offered the same plan except early nights from 6pm but they wouldnt let me resign my contract till now. do yu think they'll give me early nights 6pm and caller id for free? btw this plan is $40 no system access fee just tax. thanks
    01-26-10 04:59 PM
    im gonna resign a 3 year contract with telus, i wanna get the blackberry social plan it comes with

-250 mins
    -unlimited text
    -unlimited facebook, msn, myspace and bbm
    -unlimited nights after 9pm and weekends
    -voicemail 3, callwaiting and confrence calling

in december they offered the same plan except early nights from 6pm but they wouldnt let me resign my contract till now. do yu think they'll give me early nights 6pm and caller id for free? btw this plan is $40 no system access fee just tax. thanks
    does that plan let you browse the web and download apps?
    01-26-10 09:46 PM
    Talk Winnipeg voice plan, unlimited anytime calling $30,Smart bundle 45 which includes 1 gig of data, Visual voicemail,Unlimited textEmail, browsing, messenger, Caller Id,Voicemail,For $45,Comes to about $88 a months with taxes fees etc on a BB Curve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-10 06:42 PM
    just signed a 1yr bb tour 9630
    200 anytime mins
    caller id
    voice mail
    unlim txting
    e/w 9pm
    500 mb
    Last edited by tooshoeboo; 01-30-10 at 09:37 AM.
    01-30-10 09:31 AM
    Hey guys, its a bit of a late bump, but i recently switched from my super awesome bb plan with telus.

Now i have an iphone (i know i know, needed it for other reasons tho, still miss my bb pearl a lot, especially BBM).

My plan used to be
    unlimited data, IM, email 25 (recently increased to 30$)
    free incoming minutes
    250 text out, unlimited incoming
    200 anytime minutes
    free minutes after 6pm/weekends.
    voicemail 3
    caller ID

all of the above for 55$ with all taxes (1 year contract)

Now that i switched to their new plans, they kept some of my sweet deals but it kind of sucks since the iphone eats up data like crazy (be forewarned)

New plan (negotiated plan)
    iphone 50
    200 anytime minutes
    free incoming minutes
    250 text out, unlimited incoming
    free minutes after 6pm/weekends.
    voicemail 3
    caller ID
    500MB data, email, IM etc

total: 56.50$ after all taxes (this is for a 3 year contract, 200$ iphone)

Im going to call them tomorrow about the data issues and try to get some more data added on, perhaps 1gb should be enough.

But overall TELUS is still the bomb, awesome service for the money and they are very helpful at L&R.
    03-28-10 11:21 PM
185 ... 678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD