Hey I picked up my first BB today. Very cool.

I did a search to change the home page to something else and saw some others on different networks with different options. Does anyone use other browsers like Opera Mini or anything else.

Is there any other must haves that I should be downloading

Sorry for the noob questions but I'm a noob.
    08-03-08 01:40 AM
    Welcome to crackberry!! I personally don't use other browsers I don't like opera mini very much.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-08 01:44 AM
    Hi and welcome.
    08-03-08 05:19 AM
    Hello & welcome to the addiction!!! I have Opera on my BB but use the BB browser most of the time.
    08-03-08 08:24 AM
    Thanks.

I go into options in the web browser and try to change the home page but it won't let me. I can highlight the address but can't delete it or change it.

I just want to change it to google.
    08-03-08 11:24 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-08 11:26 AM
    hello there and welcome. I also do not like the opera mini browser but its all personal preference.
    08-03-08 11:31 AM
    welcome fellow vancouver-ite
    08-03-08 11:36 AM
    Must haves? Hmmm...Opera Mini, Windows Live Messenger, Google maps and Facebook if you're a facebook junkie.
    08-03-08 11:53 AM
    Thanks everyone!

I just tried to download google maps and it's giving me a HTTP Error 403: Forbidden, You are not authorized to view this page. Please try loading a different page.

I was at m.google.com/maps and it would not accept my phone number then I tried the download and get the msg above. Is it a CDN thing?

Still having trouble changing home page on browser.

Is there another forum I should be posting these rookie questions?
    08-03-08 01:01 PM
    I had to switch to Internet Browser as opposed to Telus WAP Browser in order to get Google Maps. You also have to check all the boxes and make sure the Emulation Mode is set to BlackBerry under Browser Configuration. Then you go to General Properties and change your default browser to Internet Browser. You can also then change your homepage.
    08-03-08 05:49 PM
    Hi and welcome!
    08-03-08 05:58 PM
    Congrats, and welcome to CB
    08-03-08 06:01 PM
    If you are getting the fatal error 403 it is possible that you got the $45.00 unlimited web pkg.? if so than they limit where you can go and what web sites and what you can download. I had that originally than changed it for that reason.
    08-03-08 06:07 PM
    I had to switch to Internet Browser as opposed to Telus WAP Browser in order to get Google Maps. You also have to check all the boxes and make sure the Emulation Mode is set to BlackBerry under Browser Configuration. Then you go to General Properties and change your default browser to Internet Browser. You can also then change your homepage.
    Ok...I think I did everything you said. I like the IB over the Telus Wap Browser, I changed the HP to Google and it saved it but the HP goes to the default. I went back to check the HP/options and it was still Google......some progress.
    08-03-08 10:14 PM
    If you are getting the fatal error 403 it is possible that you got the $45.00 unlimited web pkg.? if so than they limit where you can go and what web sites and what you can download. I had that originally than changed it for that reason.

I do have the $45 unlimited web pkg., So did you get the $15 pkg and pay extra when you go over?

That just doesn't sound right...you pay for a unlimited service and then they limit your service...
    08-03-08 10:26 PM
    Oh yeah...got google maps...thanks.
    08-04-08 12:31 AM
    Welcome, I hope to join you when the Tour is here
    05-19-09 09:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD