Where I work we have partnered with Telus as our cellular provider. They issued us 125 brand new Q5's. Great phone and great service provider. After checking my account I noticed that I have used 1.37 gigs of my 2 gig monthly alotment. I have spoken to 25 co-workers about this data usage. All that we can come up with is that on the new BB10 and BES and data not being compressed any longer our use of BBM has been eating up our data much faster than it did on legacy phones and BIS. Would this be correct?

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 02:37 PM
    you've got it my friend

if you are burning through that much just sending BBMs, then wow that's pretty impressive!

*edit* to my knowledge, this is how it works, but I'm sure someone may have better information then I do.
    12-16-13 02:40 PM
    We use bbm to send files and pictures because it's faster than email. Guess we'll just have to up our data or face huge overage charges.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 03:00 PM
    You'd have to be sending messages every minute of the day to tally up that much data. From my experience the average pictures taken with my z10 is roughly 1.3mb and bbm does compress it drastically. So i'd have to guess that there?s some other services at hand on your phone.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 03:17 PM
    You'd have to be sending messages every minute of the day to tally up that much data. From my experience the average pictures taken with my z10 is roughly 1.3mb and bbm does compress it drastically. So i'd have to guess that there?s some other services at hand on your phone.

Posted via CB10
    There are minimal services with our phone but when reps are in the field doing site visits there are between 75 and 100 pictures that are sent immediately so that client reporting is done. There is no doubt we use a lot of data it's just a matter of figuring how much we will end up using over the billing period.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 08:11 PM
    I'm sure you have thought about it, but is flipping over to wi-fi a possibility when sending those pictures?

..Tom
    12-19-13 09:36 AM
    It is possible but not every site offers open wifi so with people in the field it's just easier to send via data.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 09:49 AM
    Check out Telus's new data plans, they are really good.
    My family has a share plan, and we get 6 gigs!

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 09:52 AM