View Poll Results: Does your EVDO data drop to 1X when you use the network?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Tour

1 10.00%
  • Yes, Storm 1

1 10.00%
  • Yes, Storm 2

0 0%
  • Yes, Curve

0 0%
  • Yes, other BlackBerry

1 10.00%
  • No

7 70.00%
    For the past 2 months, I've been having problems with my data. The network connection keeps dropping from EVDO to 1X then stops working whenever I do some data transfers like downloading an application, getting images or streaming music. It happens every few minutes and then the service comes back after 2 or 3 minutes then drops again. I opened a service ticket but they closed it saying there was no problem. I'm now on a new Tour because my trackwheel stopped working but I still have the same problem with this phone.

I talked to some Telus store employees with the Tour or Storm 1 and the have the same problem! I called Telus again and was transferred to L&R. They basically told me that I was using an extreme amount of data (100 MB per month, what a joke) and it was normal for the data to drop.

It started around the HSPA network launch, which leads me to think it's some kind of network configuration problem.

Has anybody experienced the same problem?
    Last edited by omnisync; 12-03-09 at 06:05 PM.
    12-03-09 03:53 PM
    Same problem, started around the same time. Storm 1.
    Never had the issue before and I use a lot of data. I consistently had 3 or 4 bars at work (where most of the data is used) but now the most I get is 2.
    Just out of curiosity, when do you call Telus? I find them much more helpful and accommodating before 3 or 4 in the afternoon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-09 05:20 PM
    I usually call during the evening but today I called twice, at 10AM and 2PM. The first call, I went through some scripted basic stuff (delete cookies, pull battery, reload service books... basic stuff). Then called back at 2 because the problem wasn't fixed. Then they told me they can't do much about it... pay the early cancellation fee or buy an HSPA phone at full price. Great service considering I've been with them since the ClearNET time over 10 years ago.
    12-03-09 05:33 PM
    Yup I've noticed that it's been happening to me for the past couple of weeks. I called Telus last week about it (and a few other things) and tech said there was something on my account about an error in the network configuration? Anyhow, they opened a ticket and I received a text saying that it has been fixed but I haven't had a chance to call in for more details about what the error exactly was. I'm hoping to call in tomorrow when I'm home during the day.
    12-03-09 05:54 PM
    it happened on my tour...called in, tried to fix it, but ended up doing a tour swap
    12-04-09 09:08 AM
    I hate it wen it goes from EVDO down to 1x then back up then back down again this usually happens for a few seconds for me but it does suck watching that status bar crawl across the screen....iv kinda lived with it though cuz I always assumed the signal wasn't strong in the 1st place IMO

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-09 11:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD