Hey everyone!

I'm sure I'm not the only person anxiously awaiting the release of the Blackberry Storm in Canada under Telus. I went into a Telus store today and I asked a sales person there if he knew when the storm was going to be released - he replied with a lot of confidence that the Storm will be released in Canada on December 15, 2008... just in time for Christmas... YAY!

I just thought I'd share that info with you here!

Happy waiting...
    11-17-08 10:04 PM
    Oh .... again 1 more month...

Thanks...
    11-17-08 10:57 PM
    Meh...gives me another yr under this current contract 2 bargain with 4 a better price on the Storm....either way it'll b mine b4 christmas that I gaurantee!!!
    11-18-08 08:49 AM
    I'm not for that date. lol!! I'm gonna stick with my date of the 8th or 9th that is a few days closer. And like CX said they are testing the phone now and the release party is the 2nd of Dec so the 8/9th sounds better. I just wish they would confirm something with a price as well. I've heard a price from 600-700!
    11-18-08 12:10 PM
    I personally cannot wait for that Storm to hit the shelves! I am slightly wary of the price that Telus is going to slap on it though. With the dollar being where it is now, it will be even harder to expect reasonable prices from them...
    11-18-08 12:34 PM
    That date is horrible if true. I cant see them letting it go so close to xmas. They will lose most of their pre xmas sales as most people would have done the bulk of their shopping by then. If they do release on the 15th then they better say so soon officially so people can reserve that phone on their shopping list or in their budget.

I dont understand why the delay here. Even Vodaphone Australia has announced a Dec 1 release date! I personally think it will be closer to Dec 5th.

Canadian phone maker and Canadians are last to get it with the worst plans and a 3year contract!
    11-18-08 11:12 PM
    December 6th guys.
    11-19-08 02:26 PM
    Anyone heard any price info yet?
    11-19-08 02:31 PM
    I've heard December 8, December 9, December 13 from three different Telus stores. So those arent the release date obviously
    11-19-08 09:35 PM
    I am actually hoping for a later date. The closer to Xmas they release the Storm, the less people are going to end up buying it and the higher the chance for a nice price promotion in early Jan. I live in hope...
    11-20-08 12:26 AM
    From what everyone claims, the Storm will be released sometime in December. I've asked reps before and they told me the 8th, very matter of factly. To be honest, I don't believe anything they say until the device is actually out. No one really knows anything. Even the pricing is up in the air and it's definitely crappy that we have to sign 3 yr contracts to get what Verizon customers are getting for a cheaper price on a shorter contract (2yrs, $200).

Personally, I will get this phone, but I want the right data plan and I'll wait until the phone has the bugs fixed before I take the plunge of dropping $300 and locking myself into Telus for another few years.
    11-20-08 10:33 AM
    maxpower13 I hear ya! that's the thing that annoys me we sign a 3 yr and still dont' get a good price. As a customer of several years, they still don't do too much because whatever they discount you they charge you on the NO contract price even though you are signing a new 3 yr so how is that fair? it really urks me. bad!! lol!
    11-20-08 05:03 PM
    Dude Max, welcome to Canada. A population of 30 million vs. 300 million. We can get what Verizon gets when our population reaches that much. More customers, cheaper prices, simple economics.

From what everyone claims, the Storm will be released sometime in December. I've asked reps before and they told me the 8th, very matter of factly. To be honest, I don't believe anything they say until the device is actually out. No one really knows anything. Even the pricing is up in the air and it's definitely crappy that we have to sign 3 yr contracts to get what Verizon customers are getting for a cheaper price on a shorter contract (2yrs, $200).

Personally, I will get this phone, but I want the right data plan and I'll wait until the phone has the bugs fixed before I take the plunge of dropping $300 and locking myself into Telus for another few years.
    11-20-08 07:23 PM
    Dude Max, welcome to Canada. A population of 30 million vs. 300 million. We can get what Verizon gets when our population reaches that much. More customers, cheaper prices, simple economics.
    The iPhone is priced at $199 for 3 years with Rogers, which is also the same price in the States. So, how can you argue that this is due to "simple economics"?

The Storm is supposed to be Telus's flagship phone right before the holidays and pricing it so high just doesn't make sense when the precedence has been set by the iPhone.
    11-20-08 11:52 PM
    You are right.

But you are talking about one product versus how everything works differently between our two countries. And the simple fact is there are more cell phone providers and more clients for them (U.S.) to be able to provide the same services for cheaper prices.

Value of the dollar can also make a difference no?

I dont think it will be priced higher, obviously the non contract price of the Storm will be cheaper in the States.

Why is it that we spend 59.99 on xbox titles, when they spend 49.99 on the same title.

The Mcdonalds 99 cent menu. Yep a double cheeseburger in the states costs 99 cents, but here its 1.39.

Goes the same for cell phones.
    11-21-08 02:59 AM
    I went into a telus store today and asked about the storm. The rep told me that the store hadnt received any official word from headquarters but the release date trickling down is looking like the 1st wk of December, She told me she heard it will be really expensive with off contract the pricing at about $700 and on a 3yr contract at about $300. Guess we will see in the coming wk or two
    11-21-08 03:24 PM
    yeah I was in store today changing my pearl to a refurb and they had NO clue. but someone well 2 people did tell me a 650 price so I'm hoping that will be it. Honestly if it is 700 nope not gonna happen I'm getting 300 off but to sign another 3yr and still pay that much I will just go to the curve and suck it up. Before I was like yeah I dont care but they get SO greddy here at Telus that I'm not willing to do that. selling me a 400 phone for 700 and I would still be stuck with 3 years? no way!
    11-21-08 05:39 PM
    yeah I was in store today changing my pearl to a refurb and they had NO clue. but someone well 2 people did tell me a 650 price so I'm hoping that will be it. Honestly if it is 700 nope not gonna happen I'm getting 300 off but to sign another 3yr and still pay that much I will just go to the curve and suck it up. Before I was like yeah I dont care but they get SO greddy here at Telus that I'm not willing to do that. selling me a 400 phone for 700 and I would still be stuck with 3 years? no way!
    every cell phone carrier will take as much of your money as possible. telus is no worse than the rest sorry to say.
    11-21-08 11:21 PM
    yeah I understand that, that is how they make money. But they seem to more greedy north of the border. But then when I look at the plan I pay monthly I know Telus is better. But it urks me to pay that much for a cell and have a 3 yr. makes me mad thinking about it ;p

every cell phone carrier will take as much of your money as possible. telus is no worse than the rest sorry to say.
    11-22-08 01:29 AM
    The iPhone is priced at $199 for 3 years with Rogers, which is also the same price in the States. So, how can you argue that this is due to "simple economics"?

The Storm is supposed to be Telus's flagship phone right before the holidays and pricing it so high just doesn't make sense when the precedence has been set by the iPhone.
    The iPhone is the same price in the US and Canada because Apple has fully subsidized the iPhone, restricting AT&T and Rogers from selling them for more. Trust me if Rogers could they would sell the iPhone for MUCH more.
    11-24-08 12:45 PM
    i ran accross this link on blackberry's website.

TELUS - BlackBerry Storm 9530 smartphone
    11-25-08 02:44 PM
    that website has been up for about a month now.
    I was talking to someone today they said telus wants it out no later then about 2 weeks before christmas and the last Storm launch party is on the 11th so i am thinking it will be out on the 12th of December.
    11-25-08 02:53 PM
    oh. my bad. lol.
    11-25-08 02:56 PM
    gonna hold out as long as possible! they are driving me crazy!

that website has been up for about a month now.
    I was talking to someone today they said telus wants it out no later then about 2 weeks before christmas and the last Storm launch party is on the 11th so i am thinking it will be out on the 12th of December.
    11-25-08 03:42 PM
    it is the same thing verizon did. The release date was after the last launch party
    11-25-08 03:52 PM
517 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD