I have a storm 9530 and am know on my 4th swap unit. I have had continues problems with the keyboard and typing out emails a reports. Granted I am a high volume user and everyone may not have the experience that I am having but none the less I have had this ongoing problem. I have been to the stroe had the reinstall the software etc and have gone thru the swap process 4 times now!!! Let me tell you the TELUS Nightmare I am having. I just wanted them to give me a 9530 that was not refurbished figuring after 4 units it was time to try something else! But NO WAY! So they offered to give me a phone for $300 and of course a renewal of my contract to 3 years. Does anyone else see a problem with that? I am in my 11 � Month and have been dealing with this crap the whole time. Why would (or should) I have to pay for something I already paid for? To top it off I was in a TELUS store to get another swap unit because I have no choice and the REP said to me in front of other customers I should stop mooching off them and buy a new phone if I’m unhappy with it!! To top it all off I was talking to the loyalty department and the rep I talked to there said and I quote “Why should I apologize to your for something one of our 3rd party reps said to you in a store” umm are you kidding me? Did he really say that? I was in a TELUS store talking to a guy wearing a TELUS shirt in a store selling TELUS products!!!! My question is who is responsible then!!!!! I recommend a different company !!! I strongly urge a change. SO FRUSTRATED!
    Last edited by Gemmini; 11-25-09 at 06:51 AM.
    11-25-09 06:46 AM
    I had a very similar problem with my 8830 that I bought there 5 months ago. It kept freezing on me because it can't handle very many apps, which they never informed me of when I bought it. I was new to Blackberries and asked the store clerks which one would be good for me. I went to the store with my problem and they were helpful. They ordered me a new unit and gave me the number to the loyalty line.

When I called the loyalty line the woman was a **** telling me that I shouldn't trust the people at the Telus store and I should have researched the phone before I bought it. So your telling me not to trust your staff? She gave me so much attitude telling me what her and her colleagues thought of my problem.

Anyways, I got the new unit from the store and it was freezing again so I called them asking to switch to another handset and no dice. They don't do that, even if you are unhappy with your phone, and they don't offer any discounts towards it.

I ended up buying a used curve 8330 5 months into my contract. Telus has the worst customer service I have ever seen.
    11-26-09 10:12 AM
    I got a Storm from them about 10 months ago, I was have problems with the phone as well after replacing the phone 4 time the gave me an offer if 150 off any phone. I got one more swap and called back and they geave me 250 off any phone and comped my rate plan for 3 months worked out to me getting the bold 9700 for promotional pricing.

you get what you give!

stop being a **** on the phone and they will help you out
    11-26-09 10:33 AM
    I got a Storm from them about 10 months ago, I was have problems with the phone as well after replacing the phone 4 time the gave me an offer if 150 off any phone. I got one more swap and called back and they geave me 250 off any phone and comped my rate plan for 3 months worked out to me getting the bold 9700 for promotional pricing.

you get what you give!

Precisely.

I have never had an issue with Telus customer service. Everytime I call and explain my issue they find a way to rectify it.

And although it may seem like crappy advice to just get a new phone. Maybe you should....Why would you keep putting yourself through this agony if you don't get anywhere.

Just a thought.
    11-26-09 12:27 PM

you get what you give!

what you say is right i use to call and tell them right were to go and sometimes it got me somewere but i learned to talk to them nice and it works out way better 100%. if you talk in a nice maner and try to work with them your better off.
    11-26-09 03:10 PM
    Iv always gone the nice route when I call L&R & if I explain my issue clearly they usually help me out more often than not..although now that the new network is up iv been getting a lot of "no can't help you there u need 2 get a new plan/bundle blah blah blah" which is too bad considerin I switched from fido to rogers(robbers?) To Telus cuz of their customer service

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-09 04:33 PM
    I never said that I was being rude, I have been nothing but nice when calling Telus and it still hasn't got me anywhere for this issue. I think it all comes down to luck and who you end up speaking to. Some people care & some don't.
    11-26-09 07:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD