I had a Z10 on ATT but I am not on ATT, so I sold it. Man, the few days I spent with that phone, I absolutely loved it. What a shame.

Anyway, I have an upgrade February 1, 2014. If Sprint has the Z30, I will definitely go that way. However, I have a strong suspicion that they will not. Therefore, I will probably go with the Q10. Please inform me of the good/bad. I am reading a lot about keyboard issues. That may be a deal breaker because that is the main reason for getting the Q. I hate onscreen typing, except for the Z10. It was great. Right now I have a samsung G3 with a cracked screen. Not a big game player or browser. I do stream radio, do browse some and do a few games here and there. Mostly I use it for email, texting, MMS and phone. Please help me decide. Thanks.
    12-10-13 03:15 PM
    Holding out a little longer might score you a Q30.. I'm still considering the Q as well early next year for use on the road. Keeping the Z at home.

Z
    12-10-13 03:39 PM
    I have had the Q10 for almost 5 months and have had no issues at all. It's by far and away the best phone I have used.

Posted via my awesome Q10
    nappp likes this.
    12-10-13 03:44 PM
    I love my Q10 on Sprint.

Posted via CB10
    nappp likes this.
    12-10-13 03:54 PM
    I had the Z10 and now have the Q10. Love the Q10, absolutely zero complaints.

Amazing device.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 04:30 PM
    I also had the Z10 but missed the keypad, so I immediately switched to the Q10 when it became available. I am on AT&T and it works great. You will get your share of random re-boots but I have no complaints. The re-boots were both pre and post leaks. Still, I honestly think this is the best phone I have ever used!
    12-10-13 04:41 PM
    Some Q10s have had issues with the space key either sticking or rocking from side to side, so be sure to check it before you leave the store (if that's where you purchase it) to be sure it's as solid as the other keys, or tell them to give you a different one if it's not. I got my Q off of ebay slightly used and my space key does rock slightly if I don't hit it dead center, but other wise works fine (the seller did offer to refund my money, but I got a great deal on the phone and decided to live with it, as I found a number of people have, although I would prefer a space key that doesn't rock). I also sometimes wish the Q had a bigger screen and love the screen size on my Z, which has a great keyboard for a touchsreen. Nevertheless, I prefer the Q if I'm going to be doing a lot if typing. So unless your primary purpose is watching videos or playing games, you should be very happy with the Q (at least I am!).

Via CB10 VZW Z10 STL100-4, Q10 SQN100-2 10.2.0.1803
    nappp likes this.
    12-10-13 05:01 PM
    I actually prefer the keyboard on the Z10, but I'm on Sprint, so the Q10 it is. The Q10 is a great phone, plus you get way better battery life on the Q10, get it!
    12-11-13 09:36 PM
    Thanks for the replies. I went to the Sprint store on the Sprint campus today to look at the Q10. (I live just down the block from Sprint HQ). I was messing with it and really liked it. Told the lady I kind of wanted the Z10/30. She told me if I could wait, the Z30 would be out "shortly". I told her my date was 2/1/14 and I was doing it that day because I'm using a broken screen android right now. She said it may be a little after that when the Z30 gets in the stores. I'm going with the Q10. I can't wait. The phone I have now is junk and may not last til February anyway. At any rate. Liked the Q10 and will grab it. The space bar/key was a bit loose on the demo model but didn't seem to affect it any. thanks for the help!
    k3cub likes this.
    12-11-13 09:43 PM
    The z30 got cancelled for Sprint. Hopefully something along of a Q30 nxt year.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 11:52 PM
    I don't know. I have a buddy that works at Sprint in the IT dept. I asked him if he had access to see what was in the pipeline. He looked through the playbook and said it shows they are committed to the Z30 but does not show when it will hit. Makes little difference to me. If it isn't there by Feb 1st, I'm going the Q route. If the Z30 drops later, I'll figure something else out. I have a 5 line account, one of them should be due for upgrade by that time.
    12-12-13 02:21 PM
    I haven't had a single issue as yet with my Sprint Q10. Frankly, I think some people aren't telling the full truth about how they handle their devices. If they've been shoving the keyboarded Q in their very warm and tight little pants pockets for example and then complain a couple weeks later about keys giving them issues, well, that should speak for itself. I also have a hard time feeling sorry for people who complain about issues with their software and at the end they are running a leaked OS, but maybe they're right and I'm not that Carriers are lagging and are to blame but as for me, I think it's far wiser to not act like an overly excited kid at Christmas and instead simply wait. It's just my experience that people who have to go thru hacks and back doors to get an updated version of an OS have more problems than I do with the official build since I've never had the problems with my BlackBerrys that they do.

The battery/rebooting complaint hasn't applied to me. Again, it's hard to tell if it's from someone's treatment of the device or a manufacturing flaw for some batches of Berrys, maybe a bit of both. I can shake mine, lay it down on a table, etc, no reboots. Hasn't done that to me once since I've owned it.

I have nothing negative to say about my Q. Keyboard and everything else has been fantastic and Just as icing on the cake, Sprint's 4G is excellent here.

I am such a wannabe little writer. I have a blog and some other little projects I do entirely from my BlackBerrys and man in the couple months with this Q, the keyboard has taken it's abuse. Lots of writing. Still working perfectly. I think if you treat the device with respect, chances are you'll be just fine.

Posted from BitPusher's Q10
    12-18-13 10:05 PM
    I have a Q10 on Sprint that I love and my only issue is the dropped calls on the road. Best device I have had since The Helio Ocean.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 08:49 AM
    I have had absolutely no problems with my Q10. The lack of 10.2 on Sprint is something I complain about since everyone with 10.2 seems to rave about the improvements but other than that, no keyboard problems, no reboot, no dropped calls. I do not buy phones until they have been around at least 6 months so I personally would not wait around for a Q30. Generally speaking, there is nothing wrong with the Q10.
    12-20-13 09:44 AM
    Thanks for the replies! That will probably be the way I go in February. It may even be free by then....
    12-20-13 11:17 AM