i ordered my curve yesterday, got a tracking number tonight, should be here in the morning
    07-10-08 10:02 PM
    Congrats! I am already addicted.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-08 10:29 PM
    Congrats! Livin large and livin on a crackberry!

07-10-08 10:35 PM
    Cool stuff, Katrina! Hope my story ends like yours did. I was aggravated earlier tonight when I called for my tracking number and not only didn't receive it, but got an attitude from the woman who said the order was still being processed.

Never mind that I was promised it would be sent overnight today for tomorrow ...

Hopefully she was just clueless (or even moreso than I thought) and I'll find a nice little present tomorrow too!
    07-10-08 10:47 PM
    Yeah for the most part our Order support Dpt is overseas and alot of them are clueless. Yes this is coming from someone who actually works for sprint. <.<...
    07-10-08 10:55 PM
    I ordered my curve through TelaSale and ended up cancelling the order after two weeks of getting the same answer each day that it was on back order. That same day i called a sprint store by my work and they had 5 in stock and took of from work to go get it. Havent put it down since.
    07-10-08 11:04 PM
    Trust us, we know how clueless they are. They told me that there was no way that they could call the warehouse to let me know when mine would be in from being on backorder. I can imagine this is true, however I thought it was ironic that a communications company couldn't communicate within their own company.

On a side note I called them the other day for something and they just called me on a survey call. They asked if the problem was resolved, I told them no so the recording told me a priority call representative would contact me within five business days. I wonder what their definition of non-priority is? Two weeks? Two years?

07-10-08 11:11 PM
    Trust us, we know how clueless they are. They told me that there was no way that they could call the warehouse to let me know when mine would be in from being on backorder. I can imagine this is true, however I thought it was ironic that a communications company couldn't communicate within their own company.
    Sprint does amaze me like that.

I placed an order via Telesales a few days ago and immediately checked the order status to make sure it was in the system. Nope..wasn't there. I got a feeling from the guy at Telesales that he had no clue what he was doing.

So I got on the Sprint Chat thing and asked a representative to check my order. They told me that they couldn't access orders made through telesales, only online sales. With today's technologies/systems, all orders should go through the same exact channel and reside in the same place as the rest. ******** Dinasours.

Another company notorious for this is Verizon. Billing can't see what FiOS has done, FiOS can't see what Billing had done, Phone is different from FiOS. What a mess when trying to work out an issue.
    07-11-08 09:03 AM
    I did the same thing except mine was ordered via online and they told via their chat service that they couldn't look up orders period. The funny thing is they had the link on the web page that told me it was back ordered. So was I just suppose to chat with them to shoot the breeze, find out what's going on in their life? I mean what's the point of having it on the web page if they aren't able to do something so basic.

If the CEO wants to turn their CS around like all the articles said he wants to do then CS needs to be more about solving real problems and providing accurate information and less about verbal platitudes and making you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

I'm somewhat of an efficiency expert (read I'm very type A personality), give me a year with Sprint and I could have them improve dramatically. They wouldn't know what to do with themselves. They would finally be able to pull themselves out of the abyss of mediocrity in CS and soar among the clouds of superiority, where they would be leading instead of following everyone else.

07-11-08 10:22 AM
    I did the same thing except mine was ordered via online and they told via their chat service that they couldn't look up orders period. The funny thing is they had the link on the web page that told me it was back ordered. So was I just suppose to chat with them to shoot the breeze, find out what's going on in their life? I mean what's the point of having it on the web page if they aren't able to do something so basic.

If the CEO wants to turn their CS around like all the articles said he wants to do then CS needs to be more about solving real problems and providing accurate information and less about verbal platitudes and making you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

I'm somewhat of an efficiency expert (read I'm very type A personality), give me a year with Sprint and I could have them improve dramatically. They wouldn't know what to do with themselves. They would finally be able to pull themselves out of the abyss of mediocrity in CS and soar among the clouds of superiority, where they would be leading instead of following everyone else.

I couldn't agree more.

Just from dealing with them the past few months before changing my plan and ordering a new phone, their CSR staff is located all over the damn place under different directions, different training programs, different SOPs, and buried under multiple layers of mgt. The CSR staff needs to all be on the same page, working off SOPs that relate to one another, being trained by the same program, and pretty much function as ONE division no matter if you are telesales, chat people, online order people, email answering people, etc...

I get fed up having to call back, email, or chat with many different CSRs regarding the same exact question and getting multiple answers. Luckily I've learned to be patient with Sprint and always follow my gut feeling when I don't think what i'm being told is correct. The money I save each month is worth it to me.
    07-11-08 10:58 AM
    My thoughts precisely, of course in any training situation (I use to be a corporate trainer for a credit union) what someone says and what someone hears can be two very different things, but there should be a users guide that everyone should read off of, this would diminish (not necessarily eliminate) the inconsistencies.

A CSR manual for the entire company is what needs to be written in whatever native language the CSR speaks, reads, or writes in. There should of course be a translated version as well.

Of course better yet have your call centers all located in a country where people speak English consistently. Sure it might cost more but the customers you retain because we can understand them and they can understand us would more than make up for the differences in wages. Sometimes you have to take a hit in one area to make up for it in another. A temporarily healthy bottom line isn't always worth what you have to sacrifice to get it, if in the long run you are screwing over the company as a whole.

07-11-08 11:12 AM
    Of course better yet have your call centers all located in a country where people speak English consistently. Sure it might cost more but the customers you retain because we can understand them and they can understand us would more than make up for the differences in wages. Sometimes you have to take a hit in one area to make up for it in another. A temporarily healthy bottom line isn't always worth what you have to sacrifice to get it, if in the long run you are screwing over the company as a whole.

Amen

Its funny thought when you have to escalate your issue to a 'higher up in the food chain' CSR and you actually get an english sounding person on the phone. The problem is usually solved pretty fast then.

I hate calling and getting the "Hi, this is Bob" greeting from a guy that clearly has a VERY strong indian accent. Sometimes I feel like i'm communicating with one of those people on the other end of some Nigerian scam email.
    07-11-08 11:41 AM
    Do they really think they are fooling anyone when they do that? Most people that have a clue know the difference between one dialect/accent of English and another. If CS were to actually become a priority for a company they would stop being condescending to us and start addressing our needs/wants according to our competency and abilities. I have so many ideas on how to make things better my head is spinning. Too bad they couldn't hire me. I could use the work.

07-11-08 11:51 AM
    Heh our Troubleshooting DPT is based in Kentucky, Most other dpts are based in India / Asia. Sprint just saves alot of money by outsourcing their calls to other countries. Its all about saving money guys. Yes you get better help from those that are in america compaired to those located in other countries. I get alot of callers who are just amazed to find someone who can speak english and is in the US.
    07-11-08 02:30 PM
    I know it is all about the money for the company. That's the problem. Even though it is about that it shouldn't be so dang obvious that the bottom line is more important than the customer. After all what is a company without customers? A bunch of lonely investors.

07-11-08 02:38 PM
    i have never used the service you are talking about. so i have no useful info sorry. i just hope you get your phone asap!!! good luck
    07-11-08 02:42 PM
    Heh our Troubleshooting DPT is based in Kentucky, Most other dpts are based in India / Asia. Sprint just saves alot of money by outsourcing their calls to other countries. Its all about saving money guys. Yes you get better help from those that are in america compaired to those located in other countries. I get alot of callers who are just amazed to find someone who can speak english and is in the US.
    Ever heard the term "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush?"

Well thats exactly what Sprint should do. Stop worrying about making the bottom line look better now and know paying a little more to make the customers happy will get you to the same spot.
    07-11-08 02:49 PM
    Lol while I agree with you, but im a lowly Tech support agent, I cant do too much as I have already tried. Imagine a single agent telling sprint to make all CSRs american, lol just wont happen.
    07-11-08 02:51 PM
    I at least have a good story sort of. I ordered my sCurve yesterday morning from Telesales at about 10:30 and it arrived today at 9am. Very fast if you ask me, however, after ordering it my local Best Buy called to tell me that they were holding one for me.

Called Telesales back literally within 3 minutes to cancel my order, but was told that the order was already processed and there was no way to cancel. If I didnt want the phone I would have to refuse the package and it would be sent back to Sprint, but the charges wouldn't come off my account for 1-2 billing cycles. Wow, and Order support was definitely over-seas. Yikes! But at least I have my sCurve, just cant wait to get home and open it. Now lets see if I can talk my wife into swapping her Instinct for the Berry on hold at Best Buy
    07-11-08 03:13 PM
    I at least have a good story sort of. I ordered my sCurve yesterday morning from Telesales at about 10:30 and it arrived today at 9am. Very fast if you ask me, however, after ordering it my local Best Buy called to tell me that they were holding one for me.

Called Telesales back literally within 3 minutes to cancel my order, but was told that the order was already processed and there was no way to cancel. If I didnt want the phone I would have to refuse the package and it would be sent back to Sprint, but the charges wouldn't come off my account for 1-2 billing cycles. Wow, and Order support was definitely over-seas. Yikes! But at least I have my sCurve, just cant wait to get home and open it. Now lets see if I can talk my wife into swapping her Instinct for the Berry on hold at Best Buy
    I'd tell them there wouldn't be a 2nd billing cycle if they didn't immediately refund me when they received the phone back.
    07-11-08 03:59 PM
    The Instinct SUCKS. That is one of the most Horrid phones I have ever seen in my life, I mean cmon you cant even check your Voicemail from the Instinct. At least that's what I've been told ...
    07-11-08 09:28 PM
    Cool stuff, Katrina! Hope my story ends like yours did. I was aggravated earlier tonight when I called for my tracking number and not only didn't receive it, but got an attitude from the woman who said the order was still being processed.

Never mind that I was promised it would be sent overnight today for tomorrow ...

Hopefully she was just clueless (or even moreso than I thought) and I'll find a nice little present tomorrow too!

So, how did it pan out?
    07-11-08 10:22 PM
    I always get an native english speaking person when I call sprint CS. Perhaps I am just lucky. But I know how frustrating it is to deal with somone who is speaking english as a 2nd language and is not very good at it.

07-11-08 11:09 PM
    So, how did it pan out?
    Got it! Playing -- and trying to learn a lot! -- now.

Thanks for asking. It's fun to have a new toy, huh?
    07-12-08 01:49 AM
    Best of luck and enjoy! PIN me if you ever get the chance/desire, etc.

07-12-08 01:56 AM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD