I was on Telenav's webpage and noticed that they support blackberry storm and now they support the internal gps of the 8830, 8330, and 8130 if you have a corporate account with 5 or more units. How is this acceptable? I have used telenav is the past and canceled it only because I hate using a bluetooth gps. What is with this piecemeal unlocking of the gps? I would think that they would allow google before telenav. At least google is a free service that doesn't compete with vz navigator. Maybe someone knows better. Let me know.
    12-29-08 03:18 PM
    At least google is a free service that doesn't compete with vz navigator.
    How does a free service not compete with a pay service like VZnav???
    12-29-08 03:24 PM
    How does a free service not compete with a pay service like VZnav???
    No audible turn by turn directions for one.
    12-29-08 03:33 PM
    It does compete, but not to the same extent as telenav. Quite a few customers would never pay for turn by turn functionality and view it as a bonus. Telenav customers on the other hand are willing to pay and vote with their wallets. I'm with you on the principle that verizon should unlock all gps functionality and let the market settle it.
    12-29-08 03:35 PM
    verizon should unlock all gps functionality and let the market settle it.
    Amen to that.
    12-29-08 03:44 PM
    I spoke to someone at Telenav earlier today and they said that they will be offering internal gps support to the other BB in the Verizon lineup without corporate accounts.
    12-29-08 10:30 PM
    Is telenav better than VZ Nav?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-08 10:43 PM
    I spoke to someone at Telenav earlier today and they said that they will be offering internal gps support to the other BB in the Verizon lineup without corporate accounts.
    Any timeline on this?
    12-29-08 10:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD