AGREE. The network alone is a great reason to switch. You will see a huge difference
    Awesome. Sounds like its time to make the switch. Also I will be getting the droid. Only question is it true that verizon cripples phone features like gps so you have to pay to use those features?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-09 11:26 PM
    Awesome. Sounds like its time to make the switch. Also I will be getting the droid. Only question is it true that verizon cripples phone features like gps so you have to pay to use those features?

I just got the HTC Droid Eris and LOVE IT!
    Verizon,has in the past, disabled or not allowed some features on their network. This is not the case with the Droid phones. My Google maps and weather and anything else I have that uses GPS, or Wi-Fi or anything, works flawlessly. Almost all the apps in Market (android's version of app world) are free and work great. I love iMusic, which allows you to stream AND download music, FOR FREE! and Pandora and Slacker both work great.
    I prefer the Eris to the Moto Droid only because it is more sleek where as the Moto Droid kind of resembles a brick.
    It's a lot of phone for 99 bucks, and the data plan is worth every penny.
    If you want to watch movies on it, you'll need to download Video Player from the market. It's free, for some reason they didn't install a movie app before they shipped it. Oh, and if you like cool background images, check out an app called Backgrounds, it's a huge image library that you can browse and select cool background wallpapers for your phone.
    Hope this info helps, feel free to ask if you have any questions
    11-25-09 11:57 PM
    I just got the HTC Droid Eris and LOVE IT!
    Verizon,has in the past, disabled or not allowed some features on their network. This is not the case with the Droid phones. My Google maps and weather and anything else I have that uses GPS, or Wi-Fi or anything, works flawlessly. Almost all the apps in Market (android's version of app world) are free and work great. I love iMusic, which allows you to stream AND download music, FOR FREE! and Pandora and Slacker both work great.
    I prefer the Eris to the Moto Droid only because it is more sleek where as the Moto Droid kind of resembles a brick.
    It's a lot of phone for 99 bucks, and the data plan is worth every penny.
    If you want to watch movies on it, you'll need to download Video Player from the market. It's free, for some reason they didn't install a movie app before they shipped it. Oh, and if you like cool background images, check out an app called Backgrounds, it's a huge image library that you can browse and select cool background wallpapers for your phone.
    Hope this info helps, feel free to ask if you have any questions
    Awesome awesome awesome dude. Thanks

11-26-09 09:21 AM
    So how does one talk & surf at the same time on AT&T when you can't even get a good enough signal to talk?
    11-26-09 09:31 AM
    So how does one talk & surf at the same time on AT&T when you can't even get a good enough signal to talk?
    Ha ha. True. I just drove from springfield month to columbia month which is a 3 hour drive. Lost signal several times if not in a city or on a main interstate and only had 3G coverage in springfield and columbia. Att sucks on coverage. But good if you never travel.

11-26-09 03:33 PM
    I find it hard to surf the web whec the phone is to my ear anyways lol

11-27-09 09:41 AM
    I could be wrong, but I believe he said something to the effect that the required hardware on the phone's side would be too expensive for the average consumer.

For what it's worth though, when I'm on the phone, it's kinda up by my ear, so not being able to browse and talk at the same time doesn't really mean much to me.

(Yes, droid multitasks.)
    AT&T is able to talk/surf simultaneously only in their 3G areas. This because they operate on different frequencies. It's that simple.

11-27-09 10:47 AM
    Buy a BT.

Or do as i do - talk on one phone, surf on another.
    11-27-09 02:42 PM

Yea, me to. The only thing that would be handy for me would be when I'm tethering my phone to my laptop.

11-27-09 03:00 PM
    I will be dumping ATT and heading to Verizon. I am a little worried but I think that it will be a good switch. I am freaking excited to dump my blackberry bold 9000 for a great phone. It sucks i'm paying so much money to end my contract with ATT but it runs sooooooooo much better than the iphone. I hope I like it,

11-27-09 09:11 PM
    talk on one phone, surf on another.
    Now thats the way to do it!
    11-27-09 09:18 PM
    UMMM Good luck with that one!
    12-21-09 11:26 AM
    Get a phone with wifi...then you can talk and surf to your hearts content.

12-21-09 02:54 PM
    UMMM Good luck with that one!
    ^^ I love when people just click "reply" and dont read any of the thread.
    12-21-09 08:09 PM
    Get a phone with wifi...then you can talk and surf to your hearts content.

Correct, that is the only way that you can surf the web and talk at the same time with a Verizon phone currently.
    12-21-09 08:10 PM
    oh and dont forget if your texting heavily and your text is outbound....your call will get sent to VM.......try ATT 5 bars and you can do both!!!
    12-24-09 10:18 PM
    oh and dont forget if your texting heavily and your text is outbound....your call will get sent to VM.......try ATT 5 bars and you can do both!!!
    Yeah, if you have service.
    12-25-09 08:52 PM
    I have lovely service......5 bars on a 3GS......EVERYWHERE......and I had VZW for years.......ATT much better.........of course I have plenty O gripes with att but its not with service....customer care or devices.....just with politics....
    12-25-09 10:55 PM
    I have lovely service......5 bars on a 3GS......EVERYWHERE......and I had VZW for years.......ATT much better.........of course I have plenty O gripes with att but its not with service....customer care or devices.....just with politics....
    LOL. you probably don't move very far from the tower. Service was the reason I went over to VZW.
    12-26-09 06:34 AM
    lol...........dunno......I think ATT is just better in Hampton Roads.......
    12-26-09 08:53 AM
    Ok so I have had at&t for 8 years and I am wanting to switch to verizon. I don't know much about there network at all to be honest. Like att can you talk and surf the web simultaneously on verizon? If yes I am wanting the droid lol. What does everyone think?
    I am on the Motorola DROID with Verizon right now, and I am surfing the web and talking on the phone WITHOUT the benefit of Wi-Fi. I don't know where ANYBODY gets the idea that it is not possible! Those commercials are baseless and are, well, lies!
    01-14-10 09:57 AM
    I am on the Motorola DROID with Verizon right now, and I am surfing the web and talking on the phone WITHOUT the benefit of Wi-Fi. I don't know where ANYBODY gets the idea that it is not possible! Those commercials are baseless and are, well, lies!
    Nope not lies at all. That is not possible on cdma. End of story.

01-14-10 10:07 AM
    LMAO...no you're not....it may seem like you are but you're not...
    the commercials are true
    01-14-10 10:33 AM
    Yep you definitely can talk and surf on Verizon. AT&T says you can't (which is true for EVDO rev-0) but they're lying when they give the blanket statement of no. The Droid is a rev-A phone which does support talk and surf. If you don't believe me, visit a VZW store. Start a call, then surf away without having to use Wi-Fi.

Glad to see the information era is really the misinformation era.
    01-26-10 04:15 PM
    Yep you definitely can talk and surf on Verizon. AT&T says you can't (which is true for EVDO rev-0) but they're lying when they give the blanket statement of no. The Droid is a rev-A phone which does support talk and surf. If you don't believe me, visit a VZW store. Start a call, then surf away without having to use Wi-Fi.

Glad to see the information era is really the misinformation era.
    *sigh* No you can't talk and surf unless your using wifi or have some pages cached.

01-26-10 04:28 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD