Hello,
    I am thinking of switching to AT&T because of the 150.00 port credit and getting more data for the same price.
    Other than that, Verizon has been ok.

Anyone gone to AT&T or AT&T to Verizon?
    11-20-14 06:15 AM
    Hello,
    I am thinking of switching to AT&T because of the 150.00 port credit and getting more data for the same price.

I moved from VZW to AT&T. Service is roughly similar with one huge difference. At home or in any metropolitan area it is the same. The problem arises when I get in anything close to a rural area. In places where I had VZW signal, I sometimes find myself with no AT&T signal at all.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-20-14 06:28 AM
    Where I live AT&T only works in larger cities. You get away from those areas and the phone is almost worthless. It depends on where you live and go
    11-20-14 06:33 AM
    Where I live AT&T only works in larger cities. You get away from those areas and the phone is almost worthless. It depends on where you live and go
    When my wife and I first got together, she was on AT&T and I was on Verizon. She was constantly having calls dropped while sitting in the same room as me. I have never had any issues with Verizon. When we got married, I switched her to my Verizon plan and we have never looked back. All depends on where you are. AT&T works great for some people and not so well for others. Same for all the other carriers I'm sure.

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-20-14 08:41 AM
    Verizon has much better coverage in smaller city's and in big city's they usually have the same coverage but verizon is more reliable regarding call drops

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3289
    11-20-14 08:56 AM
    Check their coverage map. Seems pretty solid in the East Coast (especially NE and mid Atlantic). The only reason I switched was for the Passport,... I wouldn't chase price drops and promotions unless you have another real reason (device availability, current carrier coverage is bad, etc).

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 08:59 AM
    Thanks Everyone. Guess I will stay and try and decide on getting a moto x or Q10
    11-20-14 09:34 AM
    I recently switched from AT&T to Verizon on my Z30. I did this strictly to get LTE as my phone is a Verizon phone and that's the only way I could get it on the Z30. I like Verizon coverage and love the LTE, but it is a bit more expensive than AT&T for less data. Overall very pleased.

Z30 / STA 100-3 / 10.2.1.3289
    11-20-14 10:56 AM
    Verizon is turning into somewhat of a premium provide, so not carrying the passport doesn't make sense unless blackberry didn't want to make them.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 11:06 AM
    Thanks Everyone. Guess I will stay and try and decide on getting a moto x or Q10
    Why not a Classic?

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    11-20-14 11:13 AM
    I switched from AT&T to Verizon for the Z30. Where I live I noticed there are many areas where Verizon has just 3G and AT&T believe it or not has LTE. Verizon may have the best voice coverage, but their LTE is NOT what that Bullsh.. map they keep showing says it is.
    Now there has been stories all over the net about Verizon adding a tracking header to all traffic that goes from your phone through their cellular data network. This is very disturbing and if you have not heard of it, then please do yourself a favor and research it. I am dumping Verizon next month and going back to AT&T. Verizon does not care about it's customers privacy one bit and is selling it left and right. They only care about how much money they can squeeze out of you.
    11-20-14 11:16 AM
    I'm not going to talk you out of anything. If Att has good coverage in your area then I'd go for it.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 11:17 AM
    Hello,

well if y-- sw--- t-- a----t ---ou w----- have interu-------- se------- eve--r---ere you --o..

did i convince you yet?
    11-20-14 11:22 AM
    Something to also think about is not only the coverage where you live and work but also wherever you might travel. I have been all over the Eastern half of the US and have never had any problems with the coverage on Verizon

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    11-20-14 11:25 AM
    I am considering switching to ATT so that I have more freedom on getting phones.

Posted via CB10
    lift and AnimalPak200 like this.
    11-20-14 11:26 AM
    Another reason I am leaving Verizon. The phones may be unlocked, but you will not get LTE from any other USA carrier with it. So basically any Verizon phone is useless for other than basic phone functionality on any other carrier.
    11-20-14 11:34 AM
    I am considering switching to ATT so that I have more freedom on getting phones.

Posted via CB10
    This was actually a big deal for me, although I had been fortunate to be able to get most of what I wanted in a CDMA variant. The Passport was finally what pushed me over the fence.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    11-20-14 11:35 AM
    I live in the Los Angeles area, where signal is no issue. However, exactly where I live I get signal from no carrier reliably. Also, I spend a bunch of time in Europe. So the obvious solution for me is T-Mobile. Their low overseas roaming rates + wifi-calling allows me to use my phone w/o sticking in an "alien" SIM, thus keeping my normal number always available. Wifi-calling also solves my home dead-zone location. I often travel in New York and New England. 99% of the time I run out of t-mo service I roam onto at&t, and the charges again, are super reasonable. And, then there's the number of GSM phones available (though wifi-calling will not currently work on them all).
    02-02-15 05:18 AM
    I switched from AT&T to Verizon for the Z30. Where I live I noticed there are many areas where Verizon has just 3G and AT&T believe it or not has LTE. Verizon may have the best voice coverage, but their LTE is NOT what that Bullsh.. map they keep showing says it is.
    YMMV. Your mileage may vary. Old adage always applies. Verizon's got over a hundred million customers; not everyone's experience is the same. I find Verizon's LTE coverage to be quite good. I've gotten a 4G signal in places I never expected to. It's the 3G network that has let me down in places where I figured it would be strong and it wasn't.

Now there has been stories all over the net about Verizon adding a tracking header to all traffic that goes from your phone through their cellular data network. This is very disturbing and if you have not heard of it, then please do yourself a favor and research it. I am dumping Verizon next month and going back to AT&T. Verizon does not care about it's customers privacy one bit and is selling it left and right.
    Yeah, that header they were injecting was bad, but they've stopped injecting it after people complained and lawmakers started asking questions.

They only care about how much money they can squeeze out of you.
    This is unfortunately true of every carrier, although T-Mobile is doing an excellent job portraying itself as a champion of the little guy with its Uncarrier campaigns. Understand that they're doing this to get a competitive advantage because they can't compete with Verizon or AT&T in other ways. Their coverage is still subpar; hence, they had a Super Bowl ad touting the software they load onto handsets they sell that enables Wi-Fi calling.
    02-03-15 06:49 PM
    Another reason I am leaving Verizon. The phones may be unlocked, but you will not get LTE from any other USA carrier with it. So basically any Verizon phone is useless for other than basic phone functionality on any other carrier.
    You are not universally correct on this. The Verizon Q10 has been tested by people on these forums on AT&T's network and found to work. It has the right 4G bands.
    02-03-15 06:54 PM
    I can't confirm the Q10, but the Verizon Z30 I had would not get LTE on T-Mobile at all. The Verizon Z30 has band 4 LTE which is T-Mobiles main LTE band and LTE just would not work for me.
    02-05-15 04:16 PM
    The LTE bands that the Verizon Q10 has are band 13 (700 MHz) and Band 4 (1700 MHz). Band 13 LTE is NOT used at all by AT&T, so the only LTE band the Verizon Q10 would work on AT&T LTE with is Band 4. AT&T only uses band 4 in very few areas. So in general, it would not be wise to buy a Verizon Q10 and expect it to work with AT&T's LTE network.
    baggins15 likes this.
    02-05-15 04:21 PM
    T-Mobile is doing an excellent job portraying itself as a champion of the little guy with its Uncarrier campaigns. Understand that they're doing this to get a competitive advantage because they can't compete with Verizon or AT&T in other ways. Their coverage is still subpar; hence, they had a Super Bowl ad touting the software they load onto handsets they sell that enables Wi-Fi calling.
    You'd be surprised how times have more or less adapted to wifi-calling. Once they started loading it into BBerry units, they attracted businesses that began relying heavily on this free service. It was not uncommon for customers to drop their land lines and just use cell -- running wifi-calling at home. Overseas travel is great too, because t-mo has dirt cheap (some say "realistic") roaming prices in most countries coupled with wifi-calling (free) you can keep your "home" cell # active when people need to call. But now there's wifi almost everywhere, so what was seen as a "filler" service has really come into its own. Probably why at&t is supposed to intro' it this year.
    02-09-15 10:08 AM
    I honestly find at&t service better than verizon where I'm at. The north georgia mountains is about as rural as it gets and I have literally zero problems.
    02-15-15 02:18 PM
    Once Verizon is fully transitioned to voLTE is will be light years ahead of all other networks. It will also make unlocked devices more compatible as well. Stick it out...

Q10 on VZW for now?
    02-15-15 05:51 PM
33 12