04-12-10 10:18 PM
31 12
tools
    How is ATT going to counter T-Mobile's unlimited plan for $49? This is starting to make its way nationwide and I'll be jumping ship once I get the chance. I'm sure others will do the same. Rollover has no appeal when you can get unlimited anytime 2 phones for $89! Are they planning to offer a counter plan?
    03-02-09 09:04 AM
    We do not need to counter T-mobile. We gained over 2.1 million subs last quarter. We have (now next to Verizon) one of the largest mobile to mobile network, most "native" coverage, fastest 3g network and the latest and greatest devices.

Even MetroPCS has this now for $40 and they aren't going to take over the universe because of it.
    03-02-09 12:33 PM
    How is ATT going to counter T-Mobile's unlimited plan for $49? This is starting to make its way nationwide and I'll be jumping ship once I get the chance. I'm sure others will do the same. Rollover has no appeal when you can get unlimited anytime 2 phones for $89! Are they planning to offer a counter plan?
    Nothing against this plan or Tmobile, but Tmobile has always had less expensive plans than at&t, it doesn't mean they are going to all the sudden surge and gain millions of customers this quarter.
    03-03-09 02:03 AM
    On related note, I thought I read that you could only get that plan as a loyalty retention effort, having to be a customer for 22 consecutive months with good payment history. If that's the case, you wouldn't be able to get it just by "jumping ship", at least not right away....
    03-03-09 02:06 AM
    It will be offered to new customers I'm sure. The only difference is that T-Mobile has the courtesy or at least the desire to try and look courteous by offering it to existing customers first. ATT would just offer it to new customers first and make 7 year customers like myself beg before getting it. You can get a good sense of the ATT mentality by reading the original reply.
    03-03-09 03:46 PM
    Hey, I resent that. I'm an AT&T Employee and I don't act that way... (granted, I'm not in the wireless side so I have that same t-mobile plan...shhhhhh, they don't give us a good discount on wireless... uverse on the other hand FTW) Anyways, they are getting a lot of subscribers, so don't take what they say to heart, AT&T's not sanctioning this, or any other post on here, so don't worry about it. They might or might not offer the plan to customers. Even retentions reps can't get you that great of a discount (that's what? 50% off?) so yeah, keep hoping lol.
    03-11-09 03:49 PM
    Unlimited sure does sound good though. I am on T-Mobile and my wife is on AT&T with a Blackjack II with a year left on her contract. She will be going T-Mobile just as soon as we can affordably buy out her contract. Now if I can just talk her into a BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-09 08:58 PM
    Tmo is cheaper but service is better at att & vzw

03-11-09 09:00 PM
    Agree, especially in my area. I had the Bold on att's 3G network here (which is rock solid) for about 3 weeks. I had contract issues with them and took the phone back. Now I am 2 months away from my contract(s) ending. The real catch for me is how much ATT charges for text msgs. Their BB plan is $5 more and has no text T-mobile includes 400 text for $5 cheaper, what gives. There is no overhead on text msgs so I know that they are just pulling the rake out!
    03-12-09 11:25 PM
    At&t doesn't have to do a thing. Remember they added 2.1 million subs last quarter, while we are still in a recession. So you know they have the my **** don't stink attitude right now. Heck they didn't even answer to Verizon's new "Friends and Family" plan.
    03-13-09 12:48 AM
    It's the same mentality AT&T had the last time they sold there Wireless unit, just to buy it back... "We don't need to counter anyone cause we are AT&T" (Wanna Buy our Business unit, cause we don't know how to compete in wireless markets).. I too use to work for them, their corporate philosophy stinks. I'd be totally surprised if it has changed. By the looks of the employee comments, NOT!
    03-15-09 06:52 AM
    You never know maybe At&t will match up the price.
    03-15-09 07:22 AM
    I don't know if they will do anything on the unlimited part but I do think they need to add family and friends plan like Verizon did after they bought Alltel.

03-15-09 08:12 AM
    You think that's bad
    Rogers only competition is
    His dog
    "Fido" rogers
    And he only has a pearl 8100

03-15-09 08:29 AM
    You think that's bad
    Rogers only competition is
    His dog
    "Fido" rogers
    And he only has a pearl 8100

You win... lol.
    03-16-09 08:35 AM
    To those who are unwarare, ATT offers Rollover minutes, so why they should offer family plans? Most people don't use all minutes and they pass monthly. Then they got some months when they can talk more. I believe that only very few people talk all the time to their family or friends over the cell phone, especially during busy weekdays before evening, where thereafter they get unlimited talking. T-Mobile provides family plans but in order to get just unlimited talking to every phone in the same network (T-Mobile) you gotta pay extra $9.99 monthly.

Their data plans are in similar price range except for SMS/MMS though but they get a lot of more customers per square area and heavier traffic than T-Mobile. That's why I would see this as a reason for them to profit from expensive texting plans and offer new phones and data cards for sale at very low prices, sometimes lower than T-Mobile.
    03-19-09 12:46 AM
    I don't think AT&T has to offer a cheap unlimited plan, or friends and family. But unlimited in network texts would be nice, and this is coming from someone who put the $20 texting plan on his account (and would whether there was unlimited in network or not).
    04-02-09 10:14 PM
    I don't think AT&T has to offer a cheap unlimited plan, or friends and family. But unlimited in network texts would be nice, and this is coming from someone who put the $20 texting plan on his account (and would whether there was unlimited in network or not).
    We had mobile to mobile sms, but it wasn't popular at all.
    04-04-09 01:26 PM
    I've learned a lot from this forum lol

At&t should reward long term subs with something :-)

05-31-09 11:06 PM
    im with the company and i still think they need to take care of existing customers better. especially when it comes to the price of the unit.
    06-02-09 07:25 PM
    I'm not seeing the point of this post. ATT is not threatened by this in the least, because it really doesn't change anything.

The plans are $49 for single and $89 for two lines. They include unlimited voice....yep thats it unlimited voice. I have currently 700 minutes with verizon, have no home phone, my fiance has no home phone either, together we rarely use more that 450 minutes per month. The ATT 550 with rollover is what we'll be switching to in 2 weeks (There's no Verizon in Del Rio, TX or so I am told). So I would be saving $10 on my voice plan if I switched to t-mobile. $240 over a two year contract.

Now lets look at the text and data. My fiance and I need unlimited text and data. 3200 message average a month. So T-Mobile offers me $34.99 a line for data and text. Per line on ATT is costs me about $45. That is where the costs differ for me. However, military discount for ATT is 19% where T-mobile is telling me no more that 11%.

When someone, other than sprint, offers me unlimited text, voice and data for $100 a month, I'll turn my head. Voice unlimited means nothing for me. Also this is still only available for existing customers.

EDIT: I will say that the $135 credit for bringing a new customer in to T-Mobile is amazing.
    06-05-09 10:12 AM
    does this plan work with BB? yes, i know this thread is old but i didnt wanna start a new one
    01-20-10 06:58 PM
    the reason att wont be bringing their prices down on wireless is because we have to afford to have Luke Wilson be our spokesperson

and do u know how expensive it was to have 3(! well... 2.9) Luke's on at the same time?!?!?!?
    01-21-10 02:43 AM
    When you pay your bill, the money you pay pretty much goes into research and development, so its only natural the companies with the largest networks, have the most expensive bills.

Cheap unlimited plans have been around for a while, and ATT & Verizon are obviously not trying to compete with all of them. Yes, they lowered their unlimited plans to 70 a month(is that just one line, or can two share that) but at the same time, they have more customers and a better network than Tmobile. So.....
    01-25-10 05:43 PM
    So what do I have to do to be offered a retention or loyalty plan? I've had at&t for 12 months, canceled the contract and paid the etf.... a couple months later I went back because big red screwed me over with a Storm 2 (screen wouldn't click) and now I've been back with at&t for 3 months but with a new account so I don't think my first year counted? Please help me out, I'm not trying to "hustle" at&t or anything but I do want to reap the benefits of being a loyal customer and even returning to them.... I know the post is old but it's the only thing I could find
    04-12-10 09:01 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD