Sorry for starting a new thread but I have a question/problem for all those at&t reps out there. I had originally been eligible for an upgrade 8/4/08. I just logged into my account after the whole nationwide billing upgrade process was completed and now see that my plan's upgrade has been changed to 11/4/08. Does anyone know why this happened? I thought the upgrade eligibility was 18 months. Now I'm 21? I originally signed my plan 3/3/07. I was hoping to get become a new BB owner this week. Can anyone explain to me why this happened? The customer service reps do not show my previous dates and can't seem to help me. The only change I had done this year was add my companys FAN# to get an 8% discount.

I would appreciate any help

Thanks
    10-20-08 03:56 PM
    Sorry for starting a new thread but I have a question/problem for all those at&t reps out there. I had originally been eligible for an upgrade 8/4/08. I just logged into my account after the whole nationwide billing upgrade process was completed and now see that my plan's upgrade has been changed to 11/4/08. Does anyone know why this happened? I thought the upgrade eligibility was 18 months. Now I'm 21? I originally signed my plan 3/3/07. I was hoping to get become a new BB owner this week. Can anyone explain to me why this happened? The customer service reps do not show my previous dates and can't seem to help me. The only change I had done this year was add my companys FAN# to get an 8% discount.

Thanks
    Stop by here > Do you have AT&T questions? Ask here!

Jayden0606, Ms. Mari, and Cutdacheck2003 are over there and any or all will take care of you
    10-20-08 04:40 PM
    I'm pretty sure it was 21 months for a 2 year contract. Always was for our plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-08 10:41 PM
    Well, same thing happened to me. I was actually eligible in Nov for one line and now it's April or May, I forget. I get an upgrade every 12 months working for AT&T.
    10-21-08 12:05 AM
    Upgrades times vary based on how much you pay each month, if you pay your bill consistently, and stuff like that. It's generally 16-18 months, on average, for upgrades.

You would be best calling customer care, so they can look at the notes.
    10-21-08 09:06 AM
    I have been waiting for this damn BOLD for how long now, and if they tell me I can't freakin get it because of some damn eligitability crap, my *** is going to Verizon and the Storm!! between me and my daughter I pay a **** of alot of money to at&t, so if I am not eligable they can KISS MY A**!!! WooooooooooooHooooooooooooo!!! Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
    10-21-08 05:02 PM
    Upgrades times vary based on how much you pay each month, if you pay your bill consistently, and stuff like that. It's generally 16-18 months, on average, for upgrades.

You would be best calling customer care, so they can look at the notes.
    hmm, been with att for THREE 2year contracts, $215 every month and not once late. NEVER had anything sooner than 21 months...
    10-21-08 05:31 PM

Thanks
    Same thing happened to me but I know why. I joined ATT August of 2007. I was eligible for an upgrade 9/8 of this year. I've been waiting for the Bold so I didn't upgrade right away. Three weeks ago my 14 month old decided that my Curve needed a bath in the dogs water dish and fried it. I went in to an ATT store to see what they could do for me ad they confirmed that I was eligible for an upgrade. I didn't want to get another curve and be locked in for another year so the rep told me to go to walmart, get a prepaid phone, slap my sim into it and use that until the Bold comes out. So that's what I did. The problem was that I also dropped my data plan since I obviously didn't need. Doing this changed my upgrade date to December of this year. I called customer service and they weren't able to change it back for me. If you drop any services it will change your upgrade date.
    10-21-08 07:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD