Last night when I plugged in my 8900 running OS 4.6 and opened desktop manager, I was told there was an upgrade to 5.0.0.238.. has this happened with anyone else? Is this an official release by at&t since I was asked to upgrade?

The only reason I connected my 8900 to desktop manager in the first place is because I was about to install the official (but not specifically for at&t) OS version 5.0.0.411 that was just released, so I was confused when desktop manager had told me there was an update available for my phone to OS 5.0 before I had even downloaded version .411.

OS 5.0.0.238 is definitely nicer, faster, prettier, etc... however, my biggest gripe is that there is no internet browser, only MediaNet or Hotspot, so when I had to re-install app world, bbm, and facebook, I had to take a few more steps than I normally would have had to do. It does have the Browser icon, but when you open it, it takes you to the MediaNet homepage and it will not let you choose/edit that homepage to the mobile bb site. If anyone knows of a fix or a way around this problem, I'd love to hear it.
    01-07-10 02:04 PM
    I hope this is for the BOLD too God I been hoping for a update. Looks like it was released by multiple carriers but none showing AT&T so the BB desktop manager probably pulled up the upgrade from another carrier file.
    01-07-10 02:25 PM
    and your absolutely sure you didn't install a leaked os on the machine?
    01-07-10 03:18 PM
    100% positive; I had the official AT&T OS 4.6 whatever installed on my 8900 prior to connecting it to desktop manager last night @ around 11pm, and I had not yet clicked on the link to download OS 5.0.0.411 version yet..
    01-07-10 04:06 PM
    Do a search for "browser fix" in the forums to get info on how to fix. You have to use crackUtil, but you can also do it by just moving some files from the OS, etc etc

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-10 10:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD