The reality is to just accept that our Z10s and Q10s will not get any updates. T-Mo has done their best to make BB users change to other phones, and T-Mo has abandoned the few users sticking to their older BBs.
    08-20-15 12:01 PM
    Anyone have any other ideas? I would switch to Classic, but that doesn't have Wifi calling either!
    Plan A: Keep using the Q10 or D10 on 10.2.1.3062 since WFC still works.
    Plan B: Hope that AT&T picks up WFC sooner than later since, in their case, it will likely be supported on multiple BB models.
    Plan C: Wait for a potential BB Android release since that will more than likely have WFC right out of the box.
    Plan D: Buy an Android or iOS device only for WFC access when needed.

Keep in mind that none of these are great ideas. They're just ideas. 'A' is my current plan of attack until forced to consider B, C or D.
    08-20-15 04:31 PM
    So... what happens if someone with a Z10 loads an OS "designed" (and optimized, natch!) for a classic?
    08-20-15 05:16 PM
    The autoloader should prevent that per a DevID mismatch. If not and you're accidentally successful then it should brick and require a reflash.

The question I have is if T-Mo approves a 10.3.2 build for WFC on Classic, whether or not this will automatically allow Q10 and Z10 using the same revision. Support might be automatic since the Q10 and Z10 DevIDs are already approved. The WFC app wouldn't be needed in either case.

[CB10 / Q10]
    08-20-15 05:45 PM
    The question I have is if T-Mo approves a 10.3.2 build for WFC on Classic, whether or not this will automatically allow Q10 and Z10 using the same revision.
    Aren't WFC-approved builds usually unique, as in they aren't released for other phones?
    08-20-15 06:47 PM
    Aren't WFC-approved builds usually unique, as in they aren't released for other phones?
    Given the fact that I'm currently running a Q10 build pushed specifically for a UK carrier, I'd have to say 'no.'

In the past I've had WFC light up on an AT&T push as well... AT&T bloatware and all. It's dependent on what's approved in T-Mobile's database plus an allowance for specific DevIDs and/or IMEIs. If a build can access IMS/LTE features then it has all it needs for WFC short of a switch turned on. If BB10 could be rooted then we'd be swimming in WFC on the latest 10.3.2.
    raino and scrannel like this.
    08-20-15 07:12 PM
    I own a Q10 and Classic. I should be able to get 10.3 on my Q10 !

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 05:28 AM
    then again i am thinking they won't release it, reason being the slider is supposed to be coming to tmo. it wouldn't make any sense to update current BlackBerry devices. tmo would want everyone to buy the slider with the updated os.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 07:37 AM
    I finally heard back from the executive response team, and they said that we are SOL for any more updates to the z10 and q10s. Denise is right....
    Anovascular likes this.
    08-21-15 09:18 AM
    I was told AT&T released 10.3 thank goodness my BlackBerry is unlocked. I'll just drop T Mobile. Here in NYC the coverage seems the same anyway

Posted via CB10
    08-26-15 09:59 PM
    I was told AT&T released 10.3 thank goodness my BlackBerry is unlocked. I'll just drop T Mobile. Here in NYC the coverage seems the same anyway

Posted via CB10
    Be sure to tell TMobile exactly why you are leaving. Follow up with an email to John Legere.
    John [email protected]

Posted via CB10
    raino, TITOMAN357 and Irish Blues like this.
    08-27-15 09:30 AM
    I signed up with Voicestream 15 years ago and have many years of service (employee) with SBC/at&t. I have preached Blackberry since the Pearl 8100 and I understand the resources it's taken T-Mobile to support Blackberry devices. T-Mobile doesn't have the rural coverage compared to the larger carriers so WFC helped level the playing field for a segment of their customer base. Tossing it from their software package doesn't sound like a wise decision. Here is where I have a problem. I paid outright for my Z-10 right after it hit the market. It had OS10 out of the box. T-Mobile is still offering Blackberry devices, and if they offer 10.3 updates to one model, I think they should offer it for ALL models. I think the term is Parity. Does T-Mobile listen to FCC complaints? Just because there is no 2 year contract between carrier and customer shouldn't give the carrier ability to conduct business in this manner.
    lift likes this.
    09-01-15 09:35 PM
    And he (J.L.), has the nerve to rant about this so called tethering problem which it isn't. BlackBerry is the master when it comes to that. Tmobile is just trying to get out of supporting BlackBerry. I just got a replacement Z10. They should also give me the latest OS for it.

TMO  Z10,STL100-3/10.2.1.2156
    09-02-15 04:26 AM
    John Legere is going to do a AMA (reddit ask me anything) this Friday.

Posted via CB10
    raino likes this.
    09-02-15 10:15 AM
    When in friday?

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 09:05 PM
    When in friday?

Posted via CB10
    Keep an eye on his twitter. @JohnLegere
    He posts pretty much everything he's doing all day as he does it, so it should be easy to know when.

 Q10SQN100-5/10.3.2.2339
    09-03-15 01:14 AM
    Hi All! Quick question...did any one try to flash T-Mobile's certified radio firmware onto Blackberry z10 which has latest 10.3.2 update? The reason I want to do that is to make Wi-Fi calling to work again.
    09-09-15 06:52 PM
    Hi All! Quick question...did any one try to flash T-Mobile's certified radio firmware onto Blackberry z10 which has latest 10.3.2 update? The reason I want to do that is to make Wi-Fi calling to work again.
    It has been stated in MANY threads, including THIS VERY THREAD that T-Mobile must enable WFC on a particular phone model or it won't work.
    09-09-15 07:58 PM
    You need more than the radio file to get WiFi calling. Tmo needs to allow it for your phone and the OS you put it on. Basically, unless you have a classic you're screwed.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-15 07:59 PM
    It has been stated in MANY threads, including THIS VERY THREAD that T-Mobile must enable WFC on a particular phone model or it won't work.
    You beat me to the punch. I was typing up a similar response.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-15 08:00 PM
    When t-mobile updated to their latest 10.2 release, my phone had it, then when blackberry updated to newer version, Wifi calling stopped working. That is why I was thinking about radio file and hoped Thanks for all responses.
    09-09-15 11:22 PM
    If a true workaround is found, Raino will write a step-by-step guide for WFC which will be stickied at the top of the T-Mobile forum.

And if I had wings, I could fly.

Posted via the Diva's beautiful Red Passport!
    TITOMAN357 and hawklet00 like this.
    09-10-15 12:08 AM
    Funny thing about the radio file. To some degree, you can run old radio files with newer versions of the operating system, basically a hybrid. If you read the threads on that 2xxx version of the OS, some are using 7xx versions of the radio.

(2639 with 799 radio for example)

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 02:31 PM
    Funny thing about the radio file. To some degree, you can run old radio files with newer versions of the operating system, basically a hybrid. If you read the threads on that 2xxx version of the OS, some are using 7xx versions of the radio.

(2639 with 799 radio for example)

Posted via CB10
    But.... it still won't get WFC back, right?
    09-10-15 05:02 PM
    But.... it still won't get WFC back, right?
    That I don't know. You would need to know what Tmo sniffs to determine if you are worthy of wifi calling.

It never hurts to email John Legere and complain. I don't care much about wifi calling, but lack of VoLTE is really a pain in some markets.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 06:30 PM
216 ... 45678 ...