Interesting... noticed I have to have IPv6 off also.
    Can you explain more? I've noticed that WFC is flakey on my Z30 (and I think also my backup Z10) since the update; the icon often disappears, then re-appears when I toggle WFC off, then back on. I think I've only made one call with WFC and it seemed to work. Under Settings>About>Network, there is a long number listed for IPv6--does that mean it's on? Should I try turning it off (and if so, how?)
    10-07-15 02:42 PM
    I am not an expert, but I believe if IPv6 is not activated on your router, it's not on your phone.
    10-07-15 03:30 PM
    Should I try turning it off (and if so, how?)
    On the phone, you can enable/disable IPv6 by going to Settings>Networks and Connections>Wi-Fi and then editing the network you're connected to. There should be an toggle for IPv6. Give it a try; it has worked for some people. But as scrannel said, it's really about the router--you'd just be bringing your phone in sync by changing these settings (if they need to be changed.)
    10-07-15 04:02 PM
    On the phone, you can enable/disable IPv6 by going to Settings>Networks and Connections>Wi-Fi and then editing the network you're connected to. There should be an toggle for IPv6. Give it a try; it has worked for some people. But as scrannel said, it's really about the router--you'd just be bringing your phone in sync by changing these settings (if they need to be changed.)
    What I've noticed is, when you (or,at least when I) toggle IPv6 it doesn't "stick". Probably I just don't know what I'm doing.
    10-07-15 04:23 PM
    Can you explain more? I've noticed that WFC is flakey on my Z30 (and I think also my backup Z10) since the update; the icon often disappears, then re-appears when I toggle WFC off, then back on. I think I've only made one call with WFC and it seemed to work. Under Settings>About>Network, there is a long number listed for IPv6--does that mean it's on? Should I try turning it off (and if so, how?)
    Also, if you just updated your Z30, maybe give the new OS a bit to settle in.
    10-07-15 04:37 PM
    What I've noticed is, when you (or,at least when I) toggle IPv6 it doesn't "stick". Probably I just don't know what I'm doing.
    AFAIK, there's only that one setting in the phone. Maybe it doesn't stick because it realizes your router isn't capable of handling the newer protocol.
    10-07-15 05:06 PM
    What I would recommend is if you don't need the tmobile WiFi app, delete it. It's useless for me at the moment and I have found with it present, on my Passport, the phone does not renegotiate the WiFi calling feature when coming and going from WiFi range well. Note, I'm not talking about when I'm on a call.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 05:46 PM
    AFAIK, there's only that one setting in the phone. Maybe it doesn't stick because it realizes your router isn't capable of handling the newer protocol.
    My router has IPv6. Where are you finding it on the phone? I see it under DNS lookup and Traceroute.
    10-07-15 06:55 PM
    on my Passport, the phone does not renegotiate the WiFi calling feature when coming and going from WiFi range well.
    That's just how WFC is, since unlike UMA, it's a software-based implementation of voWiFi. So if you're coming from using a BBOS phone, it (voWiFi) is not going to be as smooth, and calls may even drop instead of handing off.

It shouldn't be terribly worse if you're switching from one BB10 device/OS build to another though.

My router has IPv6. Where are you finding it on the phone? I see it under DNS lookup and Traceroute.
    I meant that the only changeable setting vis a vis IPv6 I know of is under WiFi networks. I believe what are shown under About>Network are the respective IPv4 and IPv6 addresses.

If anyone needs to look up if their router is IPv6-ready, you can visit this site to test: IPv6 Test and Dual-Stack Test For Network Connectivity
    scrannel likes this.
    10-07-15 07:40 PM
    Well, all I can say, though the page Raino posted says I am not using IPv6, if I activate it my phone drops WFC and/or starts rebooting. Obviously a case for the X-Files.
    10-07-15 10:04 PM
    What I would recommend is if you don't need the tmobile WiFi app, delete it. It's useless for me at the moment and I have found with it present, on my Passport, the phone does not renegotiate the WiFi calling feature when coming and going from WiFi range well. Note, I'm not talking about when I'm on a call.
    This should have zero effect on your phone. The app isn't required for WFC service, isn't checked for existence by the OS, and doesn't run in the background. If you're having connectivity issues then it's purely coincidence that uninstalling the app corrected your problem.

You can certainly go without the app if you don't need to disable the feature independent of a wireless or cellular connection. But, I wouldn't go without it because of connection issues. It's useful to have in case you want to turn the service off or see why you might not be connecting (ie: ERR99, ERR09, etc.).

[CB10 / Q10]
    10-08-15 08:47 AM
    This should have zero effect on your phone. The app isn't required for WFC service, isn't checked for existence by the OS, and doesn't run in the background. If you're having connectivity issues then it's purely coincidence that uninstalling the app corrected your problem.

You can certainly go without the app if you don't need to disable the feature independent of a wireless or cellular connection. But, I wouldn't go without it because of connection issues. It's useful to have in case you want to turn the service off or see why you might not be connecting (ie: ERR99, ERR09, etc.).

[CB10 / Q10]
    That's the thing, I hear you and raino loud and clear. Firm believer in occams razor though. And I troubleshot it without, with, without, with, without. And exactly what I found was true to me. I would get an ERR message from time to time with the app installed. Without the app, no ERR message and WiFi calling status connects right away without me having to reboot after I leave and come back to WiFi coverage.

Just weird, but true for me.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-15 09:32 AM

[CB10 / Q10]
    The only thought I can add to this is, at least for me, using the app to turn off WiFi calling seems to save a lot of battery drain. I rarely have wifi on, so I dont know if having the app on makes the phone constantly scan for wifi??
    10-08-15 09:04 PM
    The only thought I can add to this is, at least for me, using the app to turn off WiFi calling seems to save a lot of battery drain. I rarely have wifi on, so I dont know if having the app on makes the phone constantly scan for wifi??
    This is true. The app only controls features of the OS. The app itself isn't responsible for anything other than acting like a toggle switch. You could install the app, turn WFC off, uninstall the app and see identical results as what you're seeing.

Now, why the OS is showing more battery drain with WiFi off but WFC on does seem odd. I've never tested this myself. For me, .2789 has been just as good on battery as any 10.2.1 build.
    lift likes this.
    10-08-15 09:42 PM
    This is true. The app only controls features of the OS. The app itself isn't responsible for anything other than acting like a toggle switch. You could install the app, turn WFC off, uninstall the app and see identical results as what you're seeing.

Now, why the OS is showing more battery drain with WiFi off but WFC on does seem odd. I've never tested this myself. For me, .2789 has been just as good on battery as any 10.2.1 build.
    For me, coming from T-Mobile's Classic 10.3.2.876 (which lacked WFC ability), my battery life on ClassicSQC100-4/10.3.2.2789 has improved... WFC on the majority of the time, Mobile Network turned off... I only notice a significant drain when using the CrackBerry app and when off Wi-Fi in areas where my network coverage varies from 4G to gprs to straight up SOS (which is almost everywhere here in southeastern PA)... Otherwise this build has been excellent on my Classic's battery...

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    10-09-15 06:37 AM
    As far as I know, WFC doesn't scan for wifi when the app is on and wifi off. It's activated by wifi, that's all. The app allows for two settings you can't have without it: OFF and Cell preferred. W/O the app you can turn off cell network going from wifi preferred to wifi only. But with wifi off the WFC "app" doesn't scan for wifi.

However, using WFC with the cell network off can be a huge battery savings because your phone isn't constantly scanning for cell reception.
    lift likes this.
    10-09-15 08:06 AM
216 ... 789