Good question. But I thought they pushed based on IMEI or PIN. Presuming they would have the t-mo list. But I presume they could, providing it were an optional upgrade. Not sure what they can "see" from the BBerry Ivory Tower.
    Actually that was a poorly thought out question Of course BB can push the update out--they are who always pushes updates out to both branded and unbranded phones.

But you are right--it's some sort of an IMEI scheme (I'm not sure if PINs aren't too randomized for this.) If TMO tells BB tomorrow "ok yeah, push 10.3.2 releases to Z10s and Q10s, we don't care if you break WFC" BB could add these IMEIs to their factory unlocked release schedule. But would the burden of providing support shift to BB then--especially if these things are put down in contract--and would BB be amenable to it? This is all under the assumption that WFC breakage is a settled/non-issue.
    08-13-15 08:43 PM
    Breaking WFC is exactly why the IMEI pool of T-Mobile Q10 and Z10 handsets haven't been pushed a generic 10.3.2 release. BlackBerry won't break a major calling feature regardless of EOL status. If WFC hadn't been a pre-existing feature then it would be a non-issue.

[CB10 / Q10]
    08-13-15 09:12 PM
    Breaking WFC is exactly why the IMEI pool of T-Mobile Q10 and Z10 handsets haven't been pushed a generic 10.3.2 release. BlackBerry won't break a major calling feature regardless of EOL status. If WFC hadn't been a pre-existing feature then it would be a non-issue.
    But what is Des Smith trying to suggest people do when he says "we did not work with them on a Q10 but they may have an update?" Is he suggesting branded TMO Q10 owners do what they have to, even though that too will break WFC?
    08-13-15 09:25 PM
    The customer care reps really can't promise that you (and others) will get an OS update. They are just being polite to you.
    Well, perhaps, but I don't let my employees misrepresent the company's commitments to customers.
    08-13-15 09:36 PM
    Well, perhaps, but I don't let my employees misrepresent the company's commitments to customers.
    Jim, don't you feel lied too, in a very polite manner? I bought 3 Z10s from T-Mobile that haven't gotten an update in over a year. Other carriers have pushed updates to their customers. T-Mobile has abandoned us, in spite of how Customer Care told you that they won't abandon us.

Posted via the Diva's beautiful Red Passport!
    lift likes this.
    08-13-15 10:24 PM
    But what is Des Smith trying to suggest people do when he says "we did not work with them on a Q10 but they may have an update?" Is he suggesting branded TMO Q10 owners do what they have to, even though that too will break WFC?
    Sounds pretty clear that he personally cares little about past BB devices or what anyone does with them. It's unclear to me who this Des cat is or if he's in a knowledgeable enough position to speak with authority on BB updates, let alone WFC. If he's truly an engineer then he's definitely not a decision-maker. Engineers at carriers test devices, track bugs and write whitepapers. They definitely don't write major components into OSes like many seem to believe. Besides that, given his love for Samsung stuff, I doubt he's had more than five minutes on a Classic let alone anything now considered EOL.

I'd find someone higher up the food chain. This guy sounds rather small.

[CB10 / Q10]
    08-13-15 11:47 PM
    Got a question. I'm not sure about this but if I do an update on my own and tmo comes out with one that includes WFC will I be able to get that update. I'm thinking I won't be able to.

 Z10,STL100-3/10.2.1.2156
    08-14-15 12:55 AM
    Got a question. I'm not sure about this but if I do an update on my own and tmo comes out with one that includes WFC will I be able to get that update. I'm thinking I won't be able to.

 Z10,STL100-3/10.2.1.2156
    No problem at all.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2339
    08-14-15 03:30 AM
    Sounds pretty clear that he personally cares little about past BB devices or what anyone does with them. It's unclear to me who this Des cat is or if he's in a knowledgeable enough position to speak with authority on BB updates, let alone WFC. If he's truly an engineer then he's definitely not a decision-maker. Engineers at carriers test devices, track bugs and write whitepapers. They definitely don't write major components into OSes like many seem to believe. Besides that, given his love for Samsung stuff, I doubt he's had more than five minutes on a Classic let alone anything now considered EOL.

I'd find someone higher up the food chain. This guy sounds rather small.

[CB10 / Q10]
    from what i can see, all he seems to be is a hype man for whatever tmo tells him to push.
    08-14-15 10:19 AM
    i really don't want this to be true... i've been waiting for tmobile to release 10.3.2 for so long... i need to keep my WFC...
    08-14-15 12:57 PM
    Gave up waiting for Tmobile.

Installed it this afternoon.

I'm grinning from ear to ear

See my post in this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1030617

 Q10
    There are a fair number of complaints on the 2339 thread, though I don't recall a lot of Q owners complaining.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 01:27 PM
    No problem at all.

Aren't their issues with going backwards in revisions?

I favor the Android player over wifi calling, but I have a RSSI in the -50dBm at home. I can say at times wifi calling has come in handy, but I really need the Android player to work. I use one of those Delorme Inreach satellite messengers. The unit works better on my BlackBerry using the Android Player than on the Android phone I had to buy to use it initially.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 01:32 PM

Posted via CB10
    The question was "can it be done". The answer was yes, although there is a potential that an autoloader would have to be used.

08-14-15 02:48 PM

I can say at times wifi calling has come in handy...

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, keep thinking "do I really need WFC?" Yesterday meet a friend for lunch at the most remote dead-dog golf resort ever. NO ONE has reception. So remote their wifi doesn't even have a password. Guess who can make calls..? PLUS, I know I'm going to go to one of those remote cabins in the deep woods with an ax maniac on the roof -- you know, when no one can get service? Hey, if there's wifi, monsters and manics will get swatted!
    lift likes this.
    08-14-15 03:11 PM
    just received a update from tmo 2168

Posted via CB10
    08-15-15 07:12 PM
    just received a update from tmo 2168

Posted via CB10
    Which phone are you using, is it tmo branded or did you get it from shopbb?

Posted via CB10
    08-15-15 07:52 PM
    I posted a request for an update so we can keep our wifi and download the update. Did so on Facebook and Twitter.
    08-15-15 08:40 PM
    didn't get it from shop BlackBerry, bought it on eBay

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 07:42 AM

Posted via CB10
    But is the phone branded to T-mo? (locked or unlocked doesn't matter). If factory unlocked (no matter where you bought it) BBerry pushes the update. If branded to a network, they push.
    08-16-15 07:45 AM

Posted via CB10
    So why did you post you got an update from TMO? You didn't.

08-16-15 07:46 AM
    So why did you post you got an update from TMO? You didn't.

I agree, but isn't it possible to buy a used, t-mo branded phone on ebay? A lot of people think the SIM they're running determines the OS source. That's all.
    08-16-15 08:03 AM
    Looking through his previous posts, he has a Z30. It's definitely not a T-Mo sanctioned push and completely inapplicable to this thread.

False alarm.

[CB10 / Q10]
    08-16-15 08:11 AM
    Looking through his previous posts, he has a Z30. It's definitely not a T-Mo sanctioned push and completely inapplicable to this thread.

False alarm.

[CB10 / Q10]
    I think any post right now about an update is a false alarm!
    08-16-15 09:21 AM
    There are plenty of post on this thread mistakenly equating SIM = OS. Since no one seems to have posted a sticky explaining the process, that's not likely to change. And there are posters on this site who should know better, and still make the mistake. Just think people should feel welcome to post here w/o feeling like they're going to get barked at if they make a mistake.
    08-16-15 09:42 AM
    the phone, my z30 was brand new.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 11:41 AM
216 ... 23456 ...