I need some advice from fellow Blackberry users!

I travel. A lot. The reason why I got a Blackberry was it seems to have been made for global usage, but since I was still on T-Mobile, I got a Blackberry with T-Mobile. Now that I have done some research, Verizon seems to be the network to go if I want actual global service since T-Mobile seems to be really weak as compared to Verizon.

I took a trip to the Verizon store, and they honestly told me to wait for the release of the "Niagara" before signing up with them. This is huge for me, since I am willing to pay the hefty fee to break my contract with T-Mobile to join the Verizon family.

I travel to Japan a lot, and I need a phone that actually works over there. They said the release of this new phone coming out WOULD be capable of working in Japan. I'm a huge skeptic since Japan's cell phone service might as well be on a different planet. But then again, I plan to visit Germany and Italy and I believe this phone will work there, yes? My main worry is Japan. They said 'yes', but again I am a skeptic.

I want to get out of T-Mobile in general, since I am growing tired of restricted phone services since I am always out of state and get NO service sometimes and have to use the best friend's BB on Verizon to get service.

Help! I need advice from fellow users to farther influence my decisions.
    04-10-09 01:57 AM
    Unless you get a World phone from Verizon (BB 8830, Storm 9530, Niagara 9630) then you will not have any service outside of the US.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-09 02:14 AM
    Unless you get a World phone from Verizon (BB 8830, Storm 9530, Niagara 9630) then you will not have any service outside of the US.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

I definitely would like the Niagara, so I think I'm good if I make the switch?
    04-10-09 02:23 AM
    That's not true. Verizon has service in many other countries, mainly the EU is restricted though.
    04-10-09 02:23 AM
    I would say if global coverage is important to you, make the switch.
    04-10-09 02:24 AM
    I would say if global coverage is important to you, make the switch.
    Thanks a lot! I'm thrilled to know that.
    04-10-09 02:35 AM
    Honestly if you use your friend's verizon BB when the t-mo is out of service range, it would be worth it for you already. And since verizon's global plan is awesome, sounds like a perfect match for you
    I lovee verizon, greaat service and good customer service as well
    04-10-09 02:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD