Starting a Facebook group won't matter. Writing your elected officials will matter more.

Want to Complain About AT&T and T-Mo? Here’s How: Tech News and Analysis �

1) Write the FCC. The more professional the letter, the better.
    2) Write your congressman/senator and explain your position.
    3) Heck, write the Department of Justice.

AT&T-TMobile Merger - How To Complain | Geekosystem
    03-25-11 10:51 PM
    I use T Mobile in a remote section of Wyoming, using UMA primarily(only thing that provides any service at home with ANY carrier) and roaming on Union Wireless(which is outstanding around the state) once i leave the house. Without UMA ill need a home phone again, which sucks.

I have a 3 line account, 2 8900's and one 8320. All bought used ($75,125,140) off craigslist. My plan is $155 a month for 1500 minutes(unl night/weekends) and unlimited test/web.
    That is FAR better than any other carrier offers.

IF TMobile goes down, i will need a landline again and will switch to Union wireless for everything else, since they provide decent priced plans and give a **** about the rural areas.
    03-25-11 10:56 PM
    I really don't post on the forums I just usually buy apps but when I kept seeing the same thing "AT&T To Buy T-Mobile" I had to comment.

I guess I can say I left T-Mobile right on time. I left them January 2011 and I couldn't be happier. I'm with Verizon now. People keep saying oh Verizon is 2 expensive they're 2 this and 2 that but your bill is what you make it. If you're a person who likes to do alot of downloading, watching t.v., ringtones, etc, etc of course your bill will be sky high but it's only what you make it out to be.

My first bill was a little higher and that's because every wireless carrier bills a month in advance but since I'm on my second bill and it's actually not high. Yes, it's about $20 more than when I had T-Mobile but at least I'm not having dropped calls everyday because when I was with T-MO I honestly had dropped calls everyday for nearly 3 months and had to argue and catch a headache for them to credit my account. I may as well have been paying for drop call service. Maybe if AT&T and T-Mobile do merge customers won't have to keep talking to people who can't properly speak English and don't understand anything that you're saying and will have you on the phone for dear life lol.

With that being said, I know Verizon will be waiting with their doors wide open to get some of those customers who don't want the merge to happen if it really does happen.

Good Luck T-Mo customers.
    03-26-11 12:31 AM
    The same family plan on verizon would be $220/month for 3 lines, i currently pay $155 and actually can use it at home because of UMA.

Id still need a landline for verizon because they don't give a **** about the rural areas, so that's an extra $40/month(bundled with internet).

So, my total PHONE bill a month would be $260/Month, an extra $105 ******* dollars a month, for worse service.

Don't really want to lose $1260/Years for worse service with Verizon.

Moving to Union wireless+landline will only be an extra $660/Year. Still, quite a hit.
    03-26-11 01:39 PM
    Starting a Facebook group won't matter. Writing your elected officials will matter more.

Want to Complain About AT&T and T-Mo? Here�s How: Tech News and Analysis �

QFT.

This is the path to follow, and if anyone is a "fan" of the facebook page, put it up there.
    03-26-11 08:50 PM
    Seriously LMAO about the petitions
    03-27-11 07:18 PM
    I am a loyal T-Mobile customer for 11 years. I wont fight, cry nor outrageous with ATT & Tmobile merger.

You are the real stupid or something? Once DTE sold T-Mo USA to ATT, If FCC appoved the deal. DTE want to pay off heavy debt in europe; and focus tmobile uk & DT tmobile only in europe.

If FCC rejected the deal, Then DTE will no choice to files of chapter 11 for TMO USA business across the USA. They will no longer offer you for the unlimted plans, etc.. they will force you go to MVNO, VWZ, Sprint, or ATT.
    Last edited by VIDGMER; 03-27-11 at 07:37 PM.
    03-27-11 07:35 PM
    I am a loyal T-Mobile customer for 11 years. I wont fight, cry nor outrageous with ATT & Tmobile merger.

You are the real stupid or something? Once DTE sold T-Mo USA to ATT, If FCC appoved the deal. DTE want to pay off heavy debt in europe; and focus tmobile uk & DT tmobile only in europe.

If FCC rejected the deal, Then DTE will no choice to files of chapter 11 for TMO USA business across the USA. They will no longer offer you for the unlimted plans, etc.. they will force you go to MVNO, VWZ, Sprint, or ATT.
    Curious question.......what is MVNO?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-11 10:37 PM
    MVNO is a mobile virtual network operatore - like Virgin Mobile US runs on Sprint's network (I think)...
    03-27-11 11:54 PM
    After being with t-mo since 1999, when they were omnipoint, i left then on the 16th because since october, ive had too many problems with them. i went to sprint and 2 days later, at&t buys t-mo! i think i just dodged the bullet!
    03-28-11 03:42 AM
    Curious question.......what is MVNO?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    thehawkins post# 34 is correct.

MVNO is a prepaid carrier company that handle billing, sales, & provides mobile phone service but does not have its own licensed frequency allocation.

My courage,
    Read More--> MVNO ,Hope this help..
    03-28-11 05:25 AM

If the deal is approved, and DTE gets their payout from AT&T, it may help them near-term to reduce their debt, but it will not help with the market realities they are facing in terms of market saturation in wireless and wireline growth.

Your call about what would happen if the deal isn't approved is off the mark though. If DTE were that hard-up, and if the deal weren't approved, T-Mobile/DTE would have put AT&T on the hook for a lot more than a mere $3B break fee and roaming agreements. T-Mobile USA is also one of DTE's only growth markets. I don't think they are in such a hurry to get rid of it. They have a "Plan A" and a "Plan B"....one way is the easier, softer way. The other takes more work, more commitment but arguably leaves the company in better shape. Bankruptcy? Highly unlikely.
    Last edited by Gawain; 03-28-11 at 10:54 AM.
    03-28-11 10:51 AM

Want to Complain About AT&T and T-Mo? Here�s How: Tech News and Analysis �

...and just reiterating this one again, because this is the best way to bring legitimate grievances to bear...
    03-28-11 10:53 AM
    I'm an AT&T user against the merger.
    However I'm also against Facebook, so your petition is SOL.

Consider that besides AT&T, T-Mobile is the only other US company to use SIMs, making AT&T and T-Mobile phones not completely carrier locked by default. Of course they made their 3G networks incompatible to aggravate this situation.

T-mobile also gives you a discount if you own your own phone outright or are out of contract - with AT&T, your bill is always subsidizing a new phone, even if you are out of contract - the only way to get your money's worth is to re-sign and 'upgrade' every two years and sell the new phone you got with a $200 discount, a discount which is of course paid for in your monthly bill.
    03-28-11 11:00 AM
    actually i have 1800 hundred min, ulimited txt, bb internet, and another line for $145.00
    04-01-11 11:07 AM
    I'm an AT&T user against the merger.
    However I'm also against Facebook, so your petition is SOL.

Consider that besides AT&T, T-Mobile is the only other US company to use SIMs, making AT&T and T-Mobile phones not completely carrier locked by default. Of course they made their 3G networks incompatible to aggravate this situation.

T-mobile also gives you a discount if you own your own phone outright or are out of contract - with AT&T, your bill is always subsidizing a new phone, even if you are out of contract - the only way to get your money's worth is to re-sign and 'upgrade' every two years and sell the new phone you got with a $200 discount, a discount which is of course paid for in your monthly bill.
    Once LTE is implemented across all carriers, all US telecoms will be GSM carriers.
    04-02-11 06:46 PM
    Once LTE is implemented across all carriers, all US telecoms will be GSM carriers.
    Tell me about it. My LTE Thunderbolt phone came with a 4G sim card. You should have seen the look on my face - I was like "WOW".

Apparently I can switch between other future LTE devices with Verizon without evening having to call them. As long as I have the smartphone data plan, I'll be fine.

I looked at the SIM card and it's identical to my old T-Mobile one except for the branding, of course.
    04-02-11 09:57 PM
    Crazy scenario but picture this....

No one really knows the whole deal. i'm sure those that do have an iron clad non disclosure type thing going on. I think a slick plan B is To watch all the grandfathered people jump ship while Tmo can now get all those non profitable people off the books and start fresh
    Last edited by SandAngel; 04-03-11 at 08:48 PM.
    04-02-11 10:56 PM

If the deal does not go through TMO gets $3 Billion as a broken contract fee and att has to offer a roaming deal to the company. Perhaps in this instance tmobile will be able to flourish.
    04-04-11 08:45 AM
    If the deal does not go through TMO gets $3 Billion as a broken contract fee and att has to offer a roaming deal to the company. Perhaps in this instance tmobile will be able to flourish.
    Nope, because this will do nothing for customer bleeding + huge costs + network spectrum that will be associated with rolling out 4g eventually.

$3 billion will merely delay the process...

Also you have to factor in the fact that the $3billion is basically a necessity to cover the damage that the pending acquisition does to Tmobile while the transition is in progress or if it fails after the fact... So it's not really a "gain" so much as reparations.
    Last edited by papped; 04-04-11 at 03:26 PM.
    04-04-11 01:55 PM
    Look, Single instance don't prove anything. Look at current plans instead.

Att 450 mns $40.00
    Att 2gig data $25.00
    Att Unlimited Text $20
    Total $85.00

Tmob 500 + Unlimited Text and web $80.00 (with a subsidized phone)
    Tmob 500 + Unlimited Text and web $60.00 (without a subsidized phone)

I also pay less than that because I dont have a contract or a subsidy to pay for, I get 500mns unlimited text and web for $60. Att charge the same to all customers regardless of whether you have a subsidized phone.

If ATT offered the same $20 discount for non-subsidized plans I'd have no issues with them, but they'll never do that because they're money grabbing pricks. My bill will be $25 more per month, $600 over 2 years and mine is a real world, currently available plan.

Yes, ATT are more expensive for the Majority of T-Mobile customers

and Im sorry but the fact that you say something isnt true, doesnt make it so.

That is what I paid and I gave you my plan details to prove it. Just because you pay slightly less than what i stated, doesnt make me a liar. he11, you even wrote that what you have is different than what I had.

Perhaps you had a grandfathered plan, or a plan that came out after mine, or employee discounts, or work discounts etc. Also, like I stated in another post, I dont need unltd everything. My choice between the lowest cost plan, I possibly can get without going over on min, texts or data, AT&T provided for me, not to mention they also had much better coverage in my area.
    04-05-11 09:43 AM
    i still think it's funny that everyone's comparing ATT and TMO by the amount you pay. While TMO is indeed cheaper, you also get MUCH more than you would with TMO. I would have no problem paying for ATT if they offered even HALF the options everyone else did. Unlimited data? Nope. Unlimited nights and weekends in the lower priced plans? Nope. The option have a "my faves" type plan in the lowest plan? Nope.

TMO has ATT beat all around.
    04-05-11 04:30 PM
    i still think it's funny that everyone's comparing ATT and TMO by the amount you pay. While TMO is indeed cheaper, you also get MUCH more than you would with TMO. I would have no problem paying for ATT if they offered even HALF the options everyone else did. Unlimited data? Nope. Unlimited nights and weekends in the lower priced plans? Nope. The option have a "my faves" type plan in the lowest plan? Nope.

TMO has ATT beat all around.
    WHAT?! Thats a new one. d*mn att, what a b*tch move. ill head over to an att booth or store one day. this sticker shock is not fun. iono how my firends pay twice the price for half the service for att. geez.
    04-07-11 12:40 AM
    I've written my letters to the FCC. Have you?
    04-09-11 08:12 AM
    I've written my letters to the FCC. Have you?
    No, can i do this online?
    04-11-11 09:05 AM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD