How big a consideration is the lack of WiFi calling for you guys?
    08-13-14 01:22 PM
    Never use it. I delete that icon every time after a fresh install.

To my surprise, all but 10.2.2 OS had that icon.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 01:24 PM
    the assumption is T-mobile is getting neither?
    08-13-14 01:26 PM
    the assumption is T-mobile is getting neither?
    Yeah. Unless things change between TMO and BB, that's how it's going to be going forward.
    08-13-14 01:33 PM
    Yeah. Unless things change between TMO and BB, that's how it's going to be going forward.
    yea, I really hope TMO sees the light...
    08-13-14 01:54 PM
    oh, to answer the question, they gave me a 4G Cel-Fi Signal Booster awhile ago, going to upgrade to their 4G LTE version shortly. So haven't missed wi-fi calling yet...but when I travel.....
    08-13-14 01:59 PM
    Used to be a huge factor to me a couple years ago when Tmobile signal is terrible where I live. It has improved since. After an update of BB10 I don't remember exactly version, the wifi calling seems to cause problems with using BB Maps and calls so I turned it off. I thought I would miss it but I'm not. Now that we have BBM Voice and Video. I think I'm okay.

One feature that I will miss is the micro-HDMI connector.

How big a consideration is the lack of WiFi calling for you guys?
    08-13-14 02:19 PM
    If I didn't have Wifi Calling I would get the constant red X at home always and couldn't use my phone at home.
    But I'm still getting the Passport on someone's carrier.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 02:48 PM
    Huge. As in deal-breaker. At least until -Mo ups their game. Without wi-fi, I'd basically have no signal at home, and marginal at work.
    08-13-14 03:31 PM
    Haven't used wifi calling yet. And probably never will, unless I end up traveling over seas.

Also, I may buy the Z30 with the 30% sale going on at BlackBerry's online store.

Posted from my Z10 and
    08-13-14 07:07 PM
    I never use Wi-Fi calling.
    08-13-14 07:54 PM
    I have had situations inside buildings where its definitely benefited me so yes I use it and its a bonus of being with T-mobile in my case. But to have T-mobile and not be able to use wifi calling on the device I would be better off going to one of the big 2 again.
    08-13-14 08:00 PM
    I'm surprised some of you guys actually rely on WFC for your day to day coverage around home and work. If it's that bad, I would just switch--if not to AT&T or Verizon proper, then at least an MVNO.
    08-13-14 08:10 PM
    When I first got the Z10/Q10, I had Wi-Fi Calling on for whenever I was at home. It also worked pretty well when I was at the office. Maybe two months ago, it would drop calls after a few minutes. I've not used it since. I'm hoping it'll be good to use on a trip though. That's its value to me at this point.
    08-13-14 08:11 PM
    Spoke to t-mobile blackberry support this morning and the guy I spoke to said they just yesterday were officially told that t-mobile will NOT provide any new versions of bb10 for either of their "supported" bb10 devices.

He did say that they will do what they can to help, even if people load newer versions of the OS, but there won't be much they can do since they will only officially support the current 10.2.1 release for the z10 and q10.

So much for the "support" promised by legere!

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 09:30 PM
    So much for the "support" promised by legere!
    I think people read too much into that, especially those here who were fans of his. The face value interpretation of that released statement was: your phones won't stop working on our LTE network. That's it.

But I hear WFC doesn't break on at least one 10.3 leak. So who knows, when 10.3 rolls out globally, it won't break on official builds either? I'd get my phone unlocked and invest in a foreign SIM card.

I just think it's a shame that despite the devices being capable, WFC (and voLTE) won't be accessible to TMO customers who use the Z30, or upcoming BB10 phones.
    08-13-14 09:57 PM
    I agree that is a shame. And it forces us loyal BlackBerry users to either move to a new carrier when it's time for a new phone or move to a non-blackberry handset.

A sad decision we will have to make.

Posted via CB10
    Iblamesummers likes this.
    08-13-14 10:02 PM
    I agree that is a shame. And it forces us loyal BlackBerry users to either move to a new carrier when it's time for a new phone or move to a non-blackberry handset.

A sad decision we will have to make.
    Even if Wi-Fi Calling goes away on T-Mobile, it'll be no worse than going with another carrier, as they don't support Wi-Fi Calling.

As far as getting OS updates, BlackBerry better be pushing them out to T-Mobile customers. They "won" the spat and canceled the contract with T-Mobile. If T-Mobile had been the one that canceled the contract, then I would blame Legere.
    08-14-14 01:34 AM
    It doesn't bug me at all. I never used it.
    08-14-14 01:55 AM
    Wi-Fi calling has never worked for me and even after I troubled shooted through t-mobile and here on crackberry so it's not a factor. Honestly, I'm switching to att as soon as I pay off the remaining balance on my BlackBerry q10 and then I'll either keep my current BlackBerry get the classic because the passport is too big or just get a non BlackBerry all together. As much as I love BlackBerry I'm getting tired of having to battle with service providers for updates or calling in with issues and knowing more about my phone than the rep or not having the phone I available to me unless I buy it full price through BlackBerry or crackberry and I just can't justify dropped 500+ on a phone because I can't use my upgrade. As much as I love blackberry I don't get much in return for my loyalty. Even after the whole t-mobile fiasco they gave out a 100 voucher which doesn't make a dent in the overall price of a phone and they put an expiration date on it so you couldn't save it to put towards a phone that hasn't come out yet. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love BlackBerry and I've loved every BlackBerry I've purchased going all the way back to the pearl but sometimes I feel I'm putting in more work than they are.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 07:26 AM
    It's a consideration. But do I switch to another carrier to get wifi calling? Clearly not an option. Do I switch to a non - BlackBerry model? I really don't want to.

My situation at home is signal inside the house is sometimes very weak and sometimes in and out. Sometimes it is good enough. Wifi calling is good to have.

On the road I will sometimes find myself in a hotel or some public space indoors where I can't get mobile network signal. That happens less and less nowadays, and there isn't always wifi when it does, but it still happens and sometimes there is wifi. So wifi calling is good to have.

On balance, I would like to buy my next BlackBerry from T-Mobile, but my next smartphone will be a BlackBerry.

I plan on buying the Passport when it is released provided it works on T-Mobile's mobile networks, which sounds like will be the case.
    08-14-14 11:11 AM
    I love WiFi calling. Plus, at the office service is really poor (only in the building- once you walk out- full bars), so WiFi calling was a huge plus for me. But, T-Mobile is improving on their services (adding more cell towers + enhancements to their existing towers)- I think I would be ok without that feature. I am currently using a Z30 on T-Mobile network, and of course "WiFi calling" is not working but, I am able to work with my device, i am able to receive calls- make calls. So, the Passport should be a breeze. My $0.02
    08-14-14 11:25 AM
    Even if Wi-Fi Calling goes away on T-Mobile, it'll be no worse than going with another carrier, as they don't support Wi-Fi Calling.
    It's a consideration. But do I switch to another carrier to get wifi calling? Clearly not an option.
    Sprint has started offering WiFi calling too now, although I don't think it has come to the Q10 yet, nor do I know if it will. It is an IMS-based offering, so the Q10 (and future BB releases) can do it if Sprint wants it to.

As far as getting OS updates, BlackBerry better be pushing them out to T-Mobile customers.
    There might be repercussions to that. Business/legal aside, the most obvious would be WFC. Since TMO is essentially the gatekeeper, they decide which OS builds get it or not. So if BB decides to start pushing OSes on its own accord, there's a very high likelihood it will break WFC. Now that's ok if everybody has automatic updates off and chooses to download the OS knowing fully well that they may lose WFC, but until that happens, I can understand if it's a reason holding BB back from pushing to TMO customers.
    08-14-14 11:44 AM
    I'm surprised some of you guys actually rely on WFC for your day to day coverage around home and work. If it's that bad, I would just switch--if not to AT&T or Verizon proper, then at least an MVNO.
    There are definitely days when I'm tempted.... I switched from Sprint last Fall and at least when I checked then, T-Mo is pretty unbeatable on prices for a family plan with 4 people. (I'm fortunate to work for a university and still qualify for a 15% "corporate" discount.) So I'm willing to put up with some coverage issues in order to save some $$$.
    08-14-14 01:53 PM
    I'd throw some money at the Passport, or at least think about it, if they supported rdis. I don't really want to use it for my main phone, but I could see it as a tablet. I don't want a second cellular account.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 05:17 PM
99 123 ...