07-05-09 05:53 PM
32 12
tools
    Sorry if this has been asked before BUT I wasn't able to find anything on the forums so I said "hey! I'll just ask myself!" I then realised I was talking to a plastic house plant, but you guys don't care about that (I don't think anyway)

ANYWAY...

I remember reading somewhere that with the T-Mo data plans (or maybe just the blackberry data plans) you also get unlimited tethering. Is my mind just playing tricks on me or is this actually true? I'd theck the website but I have no computer internet access (hey, that or rent right?) So if its true thatd be great! If not, ehh well, internet cafe for me! I was just wondering if anybody could confirm that (true or false)

Thanks guys!!! :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-09 11:39 PM
    Haha I giggled at the plastic plant part!

yes with the tmo BB data plans, tethering is unlimited and is included. Just add one of those and you'll be good to go!

04-30-09 12:20 AM
    I can also confirm it too...I tether a LOT at college for torrents and for when the college wifi goes down. I've never been charged. I'm on a BB data plan.

04-30-09 12:21 AM
    Ditto... AFAIK, it is free. Great benefit... saves me a lot yearly on an air card.
    04-30-09 12:58 AM
    This is true. I think T-Mobile is the only carried which includes it in with the data plan.
    04-30-09 01:48 PM
    Thanks guys!

Y'all are wonderful (the plant agrees :-] )

*dances around kitchen*

04-30-09 03:51 PM
    Yes its free. Call T-Mobile's BB support and they will walk you thorugh tethering your phone. Ive done this twice with 2 different BB's and they are always very helpfull.
    04-30-09 03:56 PM
    I have a Pearl 8120 with no data plan.

I am thinking of getting the data plan and using the exchange server thingy thru my office to get emails. Our office server blocks web addresses for lottery sites, ebay, craigslist, facebook, etc.
    Other people in the office on Verizon cannot view these web pages on their BB's but when they tether, they can access the pages on their laptops.

Will my situation be the same with T-Mobile tethering and BB surfing? Or will I not be able to access the pages when tethering? (IE will T-mobile's tethering setup still block the pages because the internet will be going thru my office server?)
    05-13-09 09:56 AM
    Just a little add on question....does tethering use up minutes or no?
    05-14-09 04:03 PM
    It does not use minutes just data. Works great and I use Sprint SmartView and it auto linksys the BB. I had sprint before.

05-14-09 06:37 PM
    I love this about Tmo! Now I need to see if the 8220 can do this. I've heard it both ways!
    Last edited by LittleBitty; 05-14-09 at 07:31 PM.
    05-14-09 07:22 PM
    Yes, the 8220 absolutely, positively does tether over both Bluetooth and USB. I tether it almost every morning and evening. One of the forums (WiFi?) has a sticky on setting up tethering. It's the same procedure as most other BBs. When I first set it up, I used the 8320 instructions on BlackBerry.com.

05-15-09 08:35 AM
    Is there any reason to purchase something like tetherberry if you have T-Mobile? Any extra benefits (i.e., easier setup)?

Also, how fast is this? Similar to a cable modem?

I have no experience with this and am contemplating adding a data plan specifically for doing this.

Thanks.
    05-15-09 09:59 AM
    anyone know what software is necessary to download to do this?
    05-15-09 01:47 PM
    I then realised I was talking to a plastic house plant,
    That happens to me all the time, and, the plant talks back.

(I do this in private, however)
    05-15-09 11:52 PM
    05-16-09 12:00 AM
    You guys are wonderful.. I am planning on teethering to a lap top for the first time this coming summer and was able to find out how to here and now I find that T Mob lets you do it for nada... so cool. Where else can I get all the answers to the universe????
    05-19-09 02:07 PM
    I was so excited to find this out! I pay for cable internet at home and RARELY use my laptop @ home since I'm on the computer all day @ work.
    I tethered my BB last night and it worked great, cancelling the cable

Thanks!

05-19-09 02:26 PM
    what is tethering?
    05-19-09 04:08 PM
    what is tethering?
    There's this wonderful thing out there called Google...
    05-20-09 09:43 AM
    My download speed sucks it starts at like 900 kps but ends at like 1.2 kps anyone have the same prob. or know how to fix this????
    06-18-09 11:45 AM
    That happens to me all the time, and, the plant talks back.

(I do this in private, however)
    And you talk to the plant after you have "inhaled" some of it, eh? Haha.
    06-18-09 02:17 PM
    My download speed sucks it starts at like 900 kps but ends at like 1.2 kps anyone have the same prob. or know how to fix this????
    I've been getting horrible edge speeds lately like 50kbps connections when I used to clock in 110 not sure why I'm running .239 if that matters any help?

06-23-09 02:03 AM
    it all depends on ur signal. the better it is the better speed u have.
    06-24-09 08:06 AM
    not sure what you are expecting.. take a search on 3G GSM data speeds..

900-1200kbps are typical and so no "fixing" is required.. if you are looking or expecting sustained performance better than that you need to go a different route..

06-25-09 09:02 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD