As some of you may be aware, T-Mobile is acquiring SunCom. Please refer to the following link that comes directly from T-Mobile's website: Unsupported Browser (you may have to cut and paste the link into your browser).

The acquisition is expected to be completed during Q1 and Q2 of 2008. I am currently a SunCom customer and I am wondering what, exactly, I have to look forward to. Please share with me any concerns that you have regarding T-Mobile's service and customer service.

Also, I'm not sure if anyone who is familiar with the acquisition is reading this; but, I am wondering if I will have to get a new device. For example, a few years back I had AT&T Wireless. They went through a merger of some sort and most customers went to Cingular. However, since I live in NC, we were switched to SunCom. We had to visit a local store and were given new devices (in my case, I was given a phone identical in appearance to the one that I already had). I am wondering how this will work with the new acquisition. Will I keep my current Pearl? Will I be given a new T-Mobile Pearl? Will this be my opportunity to get a Curve? I have so many questions. Any input will be greatly appreciated!
    11-20-07 06:25 PM
    Adrian- TMO is great! given I have only had the service for 2 weeks but switched over from VZW and have not had any 2nd thoughts! Doubt you will get a new phone though. You might be able to finagle your way into getting a discounted promotional priced Curve!
    11-20-07 07:01 PM
    I have been w/ T-Mobile for over 4yrs now and can not even think of leaving. The customer service is phenomenal and it is just so easy to deal w/ them. I have been through many wireless carriers and am surprised myself that I am still with them. Wouldn't consider switching.
    11-20-07 07:45 PM
    I doubt you will have to get a new device. Your current device is fully capable of operating on TMo's system if the devices are unlocked. I'm not sure if SunCom's BB's are unlocked. However, one thing I will mention. I don't know what SunCom's roaming agreements are like since I've not had service with them. When you travel throughout the country and are on a nationwide plan are you able to roam on AT&T's network? Are you able to roam on TMobile's network? When you get switched to TMobile you will no longer be able to roam on AT&T's network. In most markets TMobile does NOT have roaming agreements with AT&T. You will lose any AT&T roaming coverage you had.

I see this now between me (on TMobile) and my wife (on Unicel.) Unicel has roaming agreements with both TMobile and AT&T so her phone works wherever there is AT&T and/or Tmobile. I'm restricted to just TMobile.
    11-21-07 01:48 AM
    I wonder how long they will honor the Suncom rates for the BB? You can't beat Suncom's local unlimited BB rate! Will it end at the end of the contract or will they let you stay grandfathered in? I might have to go to AT&T especially if they limit the roaming coverage, unless they let me stay at my unbelievably low Suncom rate. Oh well, maybe I'll be able to get the much anticipated 9000 series!
    12-03-07 12:13 PM
    I just started a new contract with SunCom at the end of September (2 years), so I'm hoping that they will continue to honor the amazingly low rate. Otherwise, I will opt out of my contract and go with a different carrier.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-07 01:25 PM
    off-the-chain!!!!!
    12-03-07 05:16 PM
    I have T-Mobile and have been roaming on ATT for 2 1/2 years as I live in the Carolinas. With the Suncom Merger, the Suncom towers here have been going a bit awry, so I've been using ATT towers until the oddities of the Suncom towers are worked out. Seems to be clearing up a bit now.
    So, the argument that you can't use ATT towers is a falsity as I have been using them for some time. My phone automatically is set to hop on whatever tower gives me the best signal and I get free unlimited roaming so I'll let T-Mobile work out who to pay and how.
    03-26-08 08:08 AM
    When SunCom is rebranded to TMobile, anything you had with SunCom will be grandfathered in. TMobile customer care is the best. They are actually looking forward to have SunCom customers join the family at TMobile, which is how TMobile treats their customers, as family members. I'm in NC with TMobile service but roaming off SunCom and AT&T. Everything will work fine when the switch is complete.

03-29-08 03:16 AM
    I am currently a SunCom customer and I am wondering what, exactly, I have to look forward to.
    Best customer service and best pricing in the business.

If TMo didn't exist I can't imagine whom I'd use. I've tried them all and I've been with TMo about 5 years now and can't imagine using anyone else.

You always have to consider coverage in your specific location. I live in Southern California and can't tell you of a carrier who offers better coverage and the best pricing.

TMo is a 9.999 out of 10 in my book.
    03-31-08 12:57 AM
    Go TMO....you can't beat em....I've been with ATT, and have known people who have used VZW and Sprint....TMO destroys all of them in every aspect.

04-01-08 01:03 AM
    I've had T-Mobile for quite a few years now, and I have no complaints what-so-ever.. coverage in chicago is great, always been able to make call in the basement even when other companies couldnt. also wats great is their customer service. Ive called to add other lines, features and services and have always been treated great. I wouldnt switch to any other carrier for the world.
    08-28-08 12:17 PM
    I have been with TMO for 2 1/2 years and have nothing but praise for them.
    08-28-08 12:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD