http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010/01/07/t-mobile-to-discontinue-home-service/

About a month ago, one of our tipsters hit us up to let us know that T-Mobile was probably in the process of shutting down their @Home service. The @Home service allowed T-Mobile customers to make home phone calls via a T-Mobile router connected to the internet. The @Home service was an available add-on to most wireless service plans offered by T-Mobile for a modest $10/month. Bad news for future @Home customers, though, because another circulating rumor confirms what we reported a month ago T-Mobile has supposedly halted future investment in the @Home service. Current customers can continue to use the service and T-Mobile will continue to support it for the time being. Once the current inventory of @Home routers has been sold, T-Mobile will no longer offer this service to new customers, though. Any T-Mobile customers interested in jumping on board, should do so tout de suite.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-10 08:19 AM
    GOT MINE. Also got a spare Tmobile router
    01-07-10 01:00 PM
    Yeah, I'll go ahead and confirm this, because I don't believe it's a secret. The article pegs it dead on. No more @homes after the routers are sold
    01-08-10 12:38 AM
    Kinda sad that the service didn't do better. I suppose that most people were just confused as to what the service actually was. For me having a line at home is great. It's low cost and the router is on 24/7 anyway.

The only true down side to any of the Router based land lines, no power, no phone service. But if the power goes out, there is often no regular phone service either (depending on the cause of the power outage).

I will miss the service if in the future they decide to dump the service altogether.
    01-08-10 12:53 PM
    Saw this one coming after they launched it. Didn't think it would last as long as it has, so good show anyway.
    01-08-10 02:37 PM
    Im glad I have a spare @home router... might check ebay for another. I love my $10.00 a month home phone svc
    01-08-10 05:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD