Hello fellas.

I bought a Bold 9700 at a T-Mobile corporated store in my city at full retail price ($449 + MN tax) on Dec 4th. Then, due to the loosing trackpad getting unacceptable, I returned it to the store on Dec 15th to get a refund back to my CC. However, til today, I am still not receiving my $ back into my CC yet (about a week passed). Unfortunately, I lost the refund receipt regard to my returned transaction, but I still have a record of the original order #

Can anyone tell me what to do to investigate the issue plz? Can I ask the store re-print the receipt for me in order to chase the transaction ?

All responses would be appreciated
    12-22-09 08:57 AM
    I would do that (contact store for reprint of receipt and possible ETA on refund) and contact your CC customer service to dispute charge just incase... especially if its not done by christmas.... cc returns after christmas take alittle longer through the banks
    Last edited by lilgothkid; 12-22-09 at 11:58 AM.
    12-22-09 08:59 AM
    T-Mobile would have record of the return. Call the bank and see if they (the bank or TMO) have put the refund on hold, and if that's the case, why. Often, refunds can take two weeks on a credit card, but being you brought it back to the store, it should have gone through by now..

I'm in MN too, so if you bank with one of the three major banks (you know which ones), it's possible they're backlogged as always and just need a kick in the pants to get it going.

If all else fails, also have TMO check on their side to see if they f'd something on the account .. that's always a possibility.
    12-22-09 10:28 AM
    The weird thing is that the return cannot be done without submitting the credit back to the card right away. Some banks delay the actual return to the account, but it's usually a max of 4 business days.

Call your bank and make sure it isn't on hold first, because that's usually the culprit. The store should be able to reprint the return receipt too
    12-22-09 06:02 PM
    Thanks everyone for the replies.

I did retrieve the returned receipt at noon today. I tried to call Customer Care but they couldn't help because they don't the paperwork related to the transaction. I tried to contact the store but they sent me back to Customer Care.

I also called the bank (Citi bank) but they didn't see any pending transaction .... Getting lost
    12-22-09 06:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD