I wanted to know if anyone else has had a similar experience:
    When I called to upgrade to the Z10, the rep snickered. Ever since getting it, if I have to call T-Mobile for whatever reason, when they confirm the device I use, I get anything from laughter, to snide comments, to awkward silence.
    It got to the point where I asked for a manager and told them (in short) that they should just be happy they're getting my money and keep their opinions to themselves.

Anyone else had this happen?

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 05:15 PM
    The reps here are pretty accepting of your choice in phone. I bought my last two BlackBerries from Android users and they never made derisive comments or tried to steer me towards another phone.
    Last edited by BravoZuluDelta; 10-21-13 at 09:42 AM.
    10-18-13 05:25 PM
    Every time I call ATT the reps either say nothing or ask me how I like it. I went into a convo with one of them for a couple hours about phones, current news and personal life which was odd because I didn't think she could do that, but alas she did.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 05:29 PM
    Maybe they were snickering because they think you should wait for the z30! I highly doubt it but you never know!

My z10 is a Leafs fan
    10-18-13 05:31 PM
    I've never gotten that, but when I bought my Z10, the rep was like "we get like 2 blackberries and like 100 iphones". When she brought it out, she was joking like "I had to look for it, it was way in the back and I had to blow the dust off of it" I laughed she laughed and I explained to her why I choose blackberry over samsung and iphone. she said "if it works for you, get it"
    RazrRob likes this.
    10-18-13 05:33 PM
    The TMobile store I generally visit in Los Angeles had both the Z10 and Q10 fairly prominently displayed during the three times I visited, 8 to 6 weeks ago. Problem with their Z10 was that it was totally discharged (as was their displayed Nokia Lumia 521 on my third visit; I had bought the model on my second visit).
    The sales assistant/associate with whom I mostly spoke had more than minimal knowledge of the Z10 and Q10. He also charged the Z10 when I brought its discharged nature to his attention. The store manager (one of the store managers?) less so. When I asked her if she could adjust the Z10's settings so that I could see to what extent it could bridge to the Playbook I had with me, she said she couldn't do that. I'm not sure if she couldn't because those adjustments are not allowed on a display phone and/or if she just didn't know how to make the adjustments.
    During the approx. 1 1/2 hours I spent in those visits to that TMobile store, the only other customer/potential customer who asked about Blackberry was looking for the Porsche model, which that store doesn't display.
    I didn't get any "attitude" from the TMobile staff I met re: my interest and questions re: Blackberry. Altho the sales associate told me that Blackberry representatives had come by the store a few times, the TMobile staff with whom I interacted (especially the sales manager) should have known more about the Z10 and Q10 and OS10.
    10-18-13 05:48 PM
    If you live in a one-party consent state, record the calls and post them to Facebook.

The reps here are pretty accepting of your choice in phone. I bought my last two BlackBerries from Android users and they never made derisive comments or tried to steer me towards another phone.
    I get this "tude" whenever I go to my local Verizon store. I'm in California, which is a one party state.
    10-18-13 06:37 PM
    Idk it never happens to me lol, i call frequently and i never had a rude representative. Maybe I'm lucky

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    10-18-13 06:43 PM
    I never get this from TMO reps. A couple have said they have one too and love it. One said she had it but was thinking of switching to the Q. Others have just asked if I like it and said they played with them in the store and were impressed. I haven't had a bad comment or snicker. They've been professional and positive.

Posted via CB10
    Every time I call ATT the reps either say nothing or ask me how I like it. I went into a convo with one of them for a couple hours about phones, current news and personal life which was odd because I didn't think she could do that, but alas she did.

Posted via CB10
    Couple of hours? I call BS lol.

Couple of hours? I call BS lol.

Ok? I had to wipe and reset my phone to try and solve some issues then reinstall the OS to try to fix the lag. If you've ever done that before, it takes a long time. Then I had to get some paperwork started on an exchange. I didn't realize you knew how long it took me to talk to an ATT rep.
    10-18-13 07:33 PM
    Ok? I had to wipe and reset my phone to try and solve some issues then reinstall the OS to try to fix the lag. If you've ever done that before, it takes a long time. Then I had to get some paperwork started on an exchange. I didn't realize you knew how long it took me to talk to an ATT rep.
    Oh no i didnt mean it in a bad way bro, it was just pretty unbelievable is all I'm not doubting you, i don't think I've ever spent that long on the phone with a rep.

10-18-13 07:46 PM
    I was having network issues I'm my area. ATT made me reinstall software, making it seem it was my BlackBerry device. They made me do a warranty exchange. Which was a bunch of BS! Love my BlackBerry Z10

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 08:31 PM
    Haven't had that issue yet, and if i do, i know how to make people feel miserable lol
    10-18-13 08:59 PM
    When I was in T-Mobile asking about the Z30, the rep spit in my face and poked me in the eye. The few minutes it took me to recover, the other rep knifed the front left tire on my GTI. While I was putting the spare on that ******* was sharing pics of it on Instgram on his 5s. Damn you T-Mobile.
    troubl3dman and Oddsocket like this.
    10-18-13 09:43 PM
    id remind them that their stupid *** remarks are "recorded for quality assurance" which is something I've said many a time to get refunds, credits and especially when they promise to provide a service and drop the ball. also helps that I record my phone calls with them.
    10-18-13 09:51 PM
    When I call T-Mo in Southern Cali I just get an auto transfer to BBerry and Smartphone. Never had anything but professional response. California is the epicenter for Apple Sheep. But it's also a tech epicenter. Everyone is generally pretty cool.
    10-18-13 10:03 PM
    I've never had this experience with my carrier (Verizon), however the annoying smooth-talking proprietor of a nearby Radioshack once snickered, "Oh, you're still on BlackBerry?!" before going on to sell me on the Galaxy S3.

I did my best to keep calm and explain that I knew what I wanted. He could not believe it, asking, "Do you work for BlackBerry?", and "Does your company require you to use a BlackBerry?"

BBQ10
    10-18-13 11:24 PM
    TMO reps never seem surprised or comment about the fact that I have a Q10. Always professional.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 11:38 PM
    When I was in T-Mobile asking about the Z30, the rep spit in my face and poked me in the eye. The few minutes it took me to recover, the other rep knifed the front left tire on my GTI. While I was putting the spare on that ******* was sharing pics of it on Instgram on his 5s. Damn you T-Mobile.
    Last two TMO reps I've talked to have been enthusiastic about the z10. Store where I bought z10 was even enthusiastic about it, the sale at least. Of course when you go into a store and tell exactly what you want there isn't much discussion...no tire kicking, so to speak.

Never had a bad experience with TMO myself but have heard stories. If I ever do, I'll just remind them that "this call is being recorded for training purposes" now get me your manager so we can review the tapes.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 01:38 PM
    Last two TMO reps I've talked to have been enthusiastic about the z10. Store where I bought z10 was even enthusiastic about it, the sale at least. Of course when you go into a store and tell exactly what you want there isn't much discussion...no tire kicking, so to speak.

Never had a bad experience with TMO myself but have heard stories. If I ever do, I'll just remind them that "this call is being recorded for training purposes" now get me your manager so we can review the tapes.

Posted via CB10
    While I jest because of all these stories of hate from the carriers, I have received nothing but great help and responses from T-Mobile about the Z10 when I was purchasing it. Although, I'm sure some reps are not helpful or worse, I have not experienced it in local stores.
    10-19-13 06:14 PM
    I've never gotten this from a T-Mobile rep, though one did tell me "I don't know nothin about BlackBerrys."

But no one has ever laughed or said something rude on the phone.

When I got my Z10 though, the sales rep in the store saw my white 9900 and asked why I'm "still buying BlackBerrys." I thought it was kind of rude, but she asked nicely so I answered her nicely..

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 01:04 PM
    My vvm wasn't working, so I just got off the phone with them. I've never had any T-Mobile reps laugh at the fact I have a BB10 phone (or even legacy devices). From 10.0, 10.1, to 10.2, they have always been helpful. Even when I bought my Z10 at the T-Mobile, the chick didn't say anything. It took her a second to process it, in her mind. But that's expected to me, with where BlackBerry is at right now. What was funny on this last call was the tech was confused how I had 10.2. Lol, he was nice and helpful though.

Posted via telegraph
    10-21-13 08:18 PM
    My last few TMo reps admitted that they liked the Z10 and had used it, but lack of apps took them back to their Galaxies. That's fair in my opinion as they were respectful.
    10-22-13 11:37 PM
    I have not had any issues with my T-Mobile reps before either. Most have commented on my phone being a great device. I have also encountered the few that stated not being familiar with it. Overall though never negative. I just wish they would hurry up and offer the Z30. I'm currently trying to figure out how to get one of the Telus phones imported in and unlocked for T-Mobile.
    10-23-13 03:17 PM
31 12