T-Mobile really must be losing BlackBerry customers-img_20140411_140140.png

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 02:15 PM
    Smart move on T-Mobile's part. And seems like a pretty good deal...

Only loser will be BlackBerry. Sure T-Mobile will lose users, but they can also drop a bunch of support cost and free up web space, store space and warehouse space for a product that was at best a distraction for them.

Of course I think T-Mobiles days are numbered and they just don't have the coverage in most markets that users today expect.
    04-11-14 02:37 PM
    Or, I am not the only one leaving...and this is an attempt to stem the tide by sweetening the original offer.

(wonder what Apple thinks about this...)

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 03:52 PM
    I was already planning on leaving them because of my being on EDGE forever. The BlackBerry fiasco just sealed the deal. AT&T will get my business and I will get their LTE network. 200 bucks will not send me to Samsung to leave BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    riss89 and Clanked like this.
    04-11-14 04:13 PM
    If you go to the bottom of that page, it says they will give you $100 off -any- smartphone. I wonder if that includes the BlackBerrys they still have in stock?
    Genghis2k3 likes this.
    04-11-14 05:12 PM
    04-11-14 05:38 PM
    If you go to the bottom of that page, it says they will give you $100 off -any- smartphone. I wonder if that includes the BlackBerrys they still have in stock?
    Yes it includes all smartphones including BlackBerry .

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 05:50 PM
    Smart move on T-Mobile's part. And seems like a pretty good deal...
    Pretty good deal for those who were looking to switch? Probably. Smart move on TMO's part? Not sure. I'm sure Samsung's not giving them a $200 discount on the Note 3 and the S5. So they (TMO) are the ones absorbing the $200 loss here. And given the scale of the last trade-in ("15x our regular numbers!!1") can TMO really afford to do this? Especially with that big spectrum auction coming up?
    04-11-14 05:58 PM
    $200 is not anywhere close to enough to give up my Z10. Not even an even swap would entice me to drop my Z10. These offers T-Mobile has been directing towards BlackBerry users are downright insulting.
    beamolite likes this.
    04-11-14 06:33 PM
    Pretty good deal for those who were looking to switch? Probably. Smart move on TMO's part? Not sure. I'm sure Samsung's not giving them a $200 discount on the Note 3 and the S5. So they (TMO) are the ones absorbing the $200 loss here. And given the scale of the last trade-in ("15x our regular numbers!!1") can TMO really afford to do this? Especially with that big spectrum auction coming up?
    Looks to me that this is Samsung sticking another $100 in the pot for any Samsung phone, since TMo was already offering $100 per phone.

T-Mobile really must be losing BlackBerry customers-img_20140411_155140.png

Posted via CB10
    raino likes this.
    04-11-14 06:33 PM
    Looks to me that this is Samsung sticking another $100 in the pot for any Samsung phone, since TMo was already offering $100 per phone.
    Interesting. I wonder if "teaming up" means Samsung discounting each phone by $100, or them just okaying high demand devices like Note 3 (and S5, at least initially) to be discounted. I know other carriers are also doing promos on the S5 like B1G1 free, but I doubt Samsung's giving those devices away to the carriers for free.
    04-11-14 07:03 PM
    I know what I am going to do.

I will buy the phone and then return it back.

My excuse? Oh, the phone is not as good as BlackBerry.

Imagine a thousand of us did this?
    We will have our money back but it is a kick in the **** for T-Mobile.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 07:33 PM
    Excellent deal from tmobile. Definitely going to switch now. Bye bye ATT. Hello Samsung s5
    04-11-14 07:40 PM
    I know what I am going to do.

I will buy the phone and then return it back.

My excuse? Oh, the phone is not as good as BlackBerry.

Imagine a thousand of us did this?
    We will have our money back but it is a kick in the **** for T-Mobile.
    Um... there's a $50 restocking fee...
    21stNow and MERCDROID like this.
    04-11-14 07:42 PM
    Not to mention that traded in phone will never be seen again...
    04-11-14 07:43 PM
    I read an article on this earlier that stated the old link that was once for an offer of $100 off now has the $200 offer, with little public announcement about it... probably to prevent further uproar from BBRY loyalist. John Legere just seems less and less trustworthy.. How much spite can T-Mobile present itself to have against Blackberry smh
    beamolite likes this.
    04-11-14 08:05 PM
    How much spite can T-Mobile present itself to have against Blackberry smh
    I love the spite. I got $250 off a refurb Q10! I'm not jumping on this deal though, because I think they can spite BlackBerry even more! At some point, the spite will be big enough to buy an S5, sell it, and get a Z30 for a little extra change...
    04-11-14 09:08 PM
    Didn't know they have restocking fee.
    04-11-14 09:36 PM
    I love the spite. I got $250 off a refurb Q10! I'm not jumping on this deal though, because I think they can spite BlackBerry even more! At some point, the spite will be big enough to buy an S5, sell it, and get a Z30 for a little extra change...
    lol! well at least someone is benefiting from it..that's a positive thing. and that's a very good point- T-Mobile probably can out-spite BB, which I'm not sure is good or bad, but I would at least like to think that Blackberry would rise about the fringe, stay classy and retain its integrity by not striking back to any more low blows from T-Mobile

Sent from my BlackBerry 9350
    04-11-14 11:43 PM
    Glad I got my Q10 when I did because I've been w/ T-Mobile for a decade & will be forever so I'll be fine until another BlackBerry w/ a physical keyboard & touch screen comes out

The 1st 100 wasn't anything to budge for & nor is the 200 because I got my phone on JUMP! basically for free so it's priceless & worth more any device/brand T-Mobile has to offer at the same time

Really I never have had any phone on T-Mobile besides Sidekicks, Blackberrys that I purchased from the store & ordered different models of numerous times & a MyTouch3G a 4G 1, a iPhone 3G, & a galaxy sII that I purchased from other owners & while I never had a problem using my sim card in other unlocked phones, I'll NEVER NOT HAVE A BLACKBERRY I just can't do any other phone I need a keyboard

Posted via CB10
    Wikichick likes this.
    04-12-14 12:22 AM
    I have been with T Mobile forever and I had a BlackBerry device when I switched from Nextel after Sprint bought them many years ago.

They have also sent me a text about the 200 deal and I am not a fan of Android and/or Samsung devices. I have had a S3, Note 2 and Note 3 and I am not impressed with the device quality considering what they charge for them.

I always buy my BlackBerry devices from Canada because I always get the latest updates and the devices have the band's to support the T Mobile LTE network.

The folks in Canada are always honest and have even given me the original receipt so I can use if I have a warranty issue. So as long as I can still buy Canadian BlackBerry devices, I will stick with T Mobile, you can't beat their prices.

Sent from z30 on T Mobile USA 10.2.1.2160
    Last edited by bakron1; 04-13-14 at 05:20 PM.
    04-12-14 06:10 AM
    I have been with T Mobile forever and I had a BlackBerry device when I switched from Nextel after Sprint bought them many years ago.

They have also sent me a text about the 200 deal and I am not a fan of Android and/or Samsung devices. I have had a S3, Note 2 and Note 3 and I am impressed with the device quality considering what they charge for them.

I always buy my BlackBerry devices from Canada because I always get the latest updates and the devices have the band's to support the T Mobile LTE network.

The folks in Canada are always honest and have even given me the original receipt so I can use if I have a warranty issue. So as long as I can still buy Canadian BlackBerry devices, I will stick with T Mobile, you can't beat their prices.

Sent from z30 on T Mobile USA 10.2.1.2160
    Hell yes brother! It hurts neither party to love your BlackBerry and your T-Mobile too! I've never felt pressure to leave BlackBerry, in fact they don't charge me BIS fee for my 9810 line and they have no problem with my using my new Z30 on their network.

If BlackBerry would develop their OS to include blacklisting and do something about the phone and camera app in the OS as well as some of the other 25 most requested changes it would do more to keep people aboard than anything else. People on this site would rather make a scapegoat of a small American carrier than to realize BlackBerry doesn't market and isn't offering an OS that does as much as their old OS let alone android.

Some of the people here remind me of Jonestown. Chen could pour grape Kool-aid and most people here would drink it down and die thinking BlackBerry could so no wrong.

via CB10 using a Z10 / STL100-3 / RFK121LW / 10.2.1.2234 / T-Mobile USA
    chr1sny and Wikichick like this.
    04-12-14 07:06 AM
    From a support stand point I would be trying to get Blackberry customers to switch too, given that their contract with Blackberry will be ending this month. I don't think T-Mobile is going to try and force people off of blackberry devices, but rather Blackberry is just going to be supported as a bring your own device deal.
    04-13-14 03:29 PM
    Just goes to show what happens when you partner up with t-mobile. All they are doing is burning bridges. I am sure future business partners will look at their practices and steer clear.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 03:39 PM
    Hell yes brother! It hurts neither party to love your BlackBerry and your T-Mobile too! I've never felt pressure to leave BlackBerry, in fact they don't charge me BIS fee for my 9810 line and they have no problem with my using my new Z30 on their network.

If BlackBerry would develop their OS to include blacklisting and do something about the phone and camera app in the OS as well as some of the other 25 most requested changes it would do more to keep people aboard than anything else. People on this site would rather make a scapegoat of a small American carrier than to realize BlackBerry doesn't market and isn't offering an OS that does as much as their old OS let alone android.

Some of the people here remind me of Jonestown. Chen could pour grape Kool-aid and most people here would drink it down and die thinking BlackBerry could so no wrong.

via CB10 using a Z10 / STL100-3 / RFK121LW / 10.2.1.2234 / T-Mobile USA
    Kind of like how you drink the t-mobile juice right?

Posted via CB10
    beamolite likes this.
    04-13-14 03:41 PM
41 12