There's a cool new T-Mobile news website called tmonews.com that apparently just opened up. So far it seems like a pretty interesting site.

Today they have a news article that mentions a new message and call blocking feature that apparently T-Mobile is getting ready to offer to us.

If you are interested in checking this out, you can go here ---> TmoNews � Blog Archive � T-mobile to offer Message and Call blocking
    05-14-08 07:23 PM
    Very interesting, if they can do per/number SMS and call blocking, that would be huge.

The only way to block SMS(on any carrier) is to block ALL, or just premium.

If you use the firewall in your BB to block them, you still get charged, just doesn't come to the device..

This will be great, hopefully they don't charge a monthly fee for this service.

I love my AT&T service, and have 5 lines with them. TMo is just plain poor in my immediate area, i get no service in my house, or work, but driving around my area its not bad.

I am very tempted to jump to TMo, getting a minimum plan, 5 lines, my BB plan, and an 8320 with H@H, i can save a ton, and use the UMA to get service at my home and work...

Only this is a power outage, that means no service... Very much considering it, but the Bold on at&t or the Curve/UMA on TMo, thats the choice right now...
    05-14-08 07:33 PM
    I am very tempted to jump to TMo
    Water's warm. Jump on in.
    05-14-08 07:42 PM
    I don't know of any numbers I want to block, but my wife gets calls from the same number all the time that I know she'd love to block

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-08 07:50 PM
    I don't know of any numbers I want to block, but my wife gets calls from the same number all the time that I know she'd love to block
    Try Antair Call Screener. I have it and it's terrific. You'll never be bothered by that number again.

Antair
    05-14-08 07:56 PM
    Carriers have the ability... I know that as CellularOne was able to block incoming and/or outgoing. T-mobile is going above and beyond the call of duty to offer per number which is d*mn right awesome. There are a couple of people I'd cut off after work hours, Lol.
    05-14-08 11:09 PM
    Man I was just complaining about this subject this morning. For such an advanced phone and technology, why can't we block individual calls/messages? I keep getting them from people I don't know and I want it to stop! Without having to put another program on my BB too. Hope this is true and coming up soon.
    05-16-08 01:17 PM
    Try Antair Call Screener. I have it and it's terrific. You'll never be bothered by that number again.
    Cool application
    05-16-08 04:02 PM
    Cool application
    Glad to hear that worked for you. I've been very pleased with it.
    05-17-08 02:35 AM
    sorry to bring up this old thread, but tmob offers 4 blocking choices. Does anyone know which of the 4 choices I can choose and still max out my non-chargable BB features? (Basically I want to keep everything that's free and block anything that Tmo will charge for that's not incl in my unlimited data plan)

Thanks!
    07-25-08 05:22 AM
    sorry to bring up this old thread, but tmob offers 4 blocking choices. Does anyone know which of the 4 choices I can choose and still max out my non-chargable BB features? (Basically I want to keep everything that's free and block anything that Tmo will charge for that's not incl in my unlimited data plan)

Thanks!
    There is no point in doing that...

On a TMobile Berry, if you do not have a data plan it is not possible to rack up data charges... even if you try. It will error and not let you connect to data! The only thing this would be useful for is text messages (so I assume you could block all of those if so desired)
    07-25-08 05:33 AM
    There is no point in doing that...

On a TMobile Berry, if you do not have a data plan it is not possible to rack up data charges... even if you try. It will error and not let you connect to data! The only thing this would be useful for is text messages (so I assume you could block all of those if so desired)
    sorry that is the total opposite of what I asked- perhaps I wasn't clear.

I have the Tmob $19.99 BIS internet data plan- I'm fine with that. I want to block anything over and above that they they'll charge for: MMS, SMS, Pict Messaging. I use BB/ MSN/Yahoo messengers & email and don't want people sending me MMS, SMS, etc

So which of the 4 chargable choices can I block and not detract from my included BB data services?

Thanks
    Last edited by bbhead; 07-25-08 at 05:54 AM.
    07-25-08 05:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD