People do not give T-mobile enough credit. They provide 3G coverage that covers over 200 million people (the fourth biggest carrier) while At&t only covers 230 million as the 2nd biggest carrier. Not that big of a difference!

I really hope T-mobile does a good job improving their 3G network and implements a great 4G network in order to show up the other carriers. Where I live (southern california) i get the BEST coverage with T-mobile, bar none. I am so tired of verizon customers bragging how they have the best coverage when I have the same or better coverage.

T-mobile really needs to expand their coverage that matches southern california's coverage all across the nation in order to improve their reputation and to increase subscriptions.

Anyone agree?
    01-16-10 01:36 AM
    People do not give T-mobile enough credit. They provide 3G coverage that covers over 200 million people (the fourth biggest carrier) while At&t only covers 230 million as the 2nd biggest carrier. Not that big of a difference!

I really hope T-mobile does a good job improving their 3G network and implements a great 4G network in order to show up the other carriers. Where I live (southern california) i get the BEST coverage with T-mobile, bar none. I am so tired of verizon customers bragging how they have the best coverage when I have the same or better coverage.

T-mobile really needs to expand their coverage that matches southern california's coverage all across the nation in order to improve their reputation and to increase subscriptions.

Anyone agree?
    T-Mobile is an excellent carrier. They are the 6th largest mobile carrier in the world. AT&T and Verizon aren't even close and neither are even in the top 10 with Verizon coming in at 15th and AT&T coming in at 17th.

Moreover, AT&T is consistently rated as the worst carrier in the USA. Consumer Reports just released their carrier ratings and once again, AT&T was rated worst carrier in the USA.

T-Mobile is consistently rated as tops in customer service and they were recently rated as the most ethical company in the business.

I can't imagine using any carrier other than T-Mobile.
    01-16-10 02:28 AM
    If you have read Tmobile has quietly launched/expanded their 3G network nationwide. Here in central Fla I get excellent 3G coverage, But the really great thing is that while Verizon & At&t are going back and forth fighting,suing and slamming each other,Tmobile has flown below the radar and has already began launching their new HSPA 7.2Mbps 3G coverage.
    01-16-10 05:24 AM
    I've been a TMO customer for just over 2 years. A friend of mine told me about them and their HotSpot@Home service which is what sold me on them. I'm very happy that I went with TMO. My only issue is their first level tech support. When I get my 1st BB, the 8320 and before I found CB I called tech support often and was very happy. Since then it seems to me that the first level is not as good. I called them a couple of times since getting my 9700 and was very frustrated. So now I come here first.
    01-16-10 07:45 AM
    There Tier 1 tech support sucks, When ever I call I always ask for Tier 3 support,But you can find most answers here and faster.
    01-16-10 07:48 AM
    There Tier 1 tech support sucks, When ever I call I always ask for Tier 3 support,But you can find most answers here and faster.
    <-_-> know more that teir 1 techs i do

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-10 08:02 AM
    I get coverage everywhere that my dad gets coverage (he has AT&T). Of course, my data is faster and it's cheaper for me, so I don't know why he's paying more.

I've run into a couple dead-spots but it's worth it to me to have T-Mobile. There are more really good things about them than bad.
    01-16-10 09:20 AM
    I tried them a few years back for just voice. I live out in the sticks and so do my parents. I did live right by an interstate and had coverage at my house but as soon as I drove out of town I had nothing.

I would go with them if they had coverage out in the sticks.
    01-16-10 10:21 AM
    I've been with T mobile for almost 5 years now.
    I have no complaints from t mobile with the exception of the following:
    1. Always seems to get the short end of the stick when it comes to receiving the latest phones.
    2. Compared to every other carrier, the blackberry selection sucks!!!!

I am currently running a storm 1 on t mobile. I can't stand the fact that t mobile only has the 9700 as a 3g blackberry. Verizon has the storm 2 already.
    Personally, I dont want to sacrifice technology for speed.... The strom by far has the best screen out there and the touch screen technology on storm 2 is a definate improvement over the 9500.

My delema is this:
    1500 minutes, free weekend and nights
    insurance
    unlimated data and 500 text messages
    87.95 / month

Verizon
    Just a 900 minute plan and unlimited data is over $100.00... WTF?
    01-18-10 07:29 PM
    Why do you have the insurance on your T-Mobile account if your phone is not a T-Mobile phone? I don't think they insure the storm from Verizon... You might be paying for nothing.
    01-18-10 09:59 PM
    1500 minutes, free weekend and nights
    insurance
    unlimited data and 500 text messages
    87.95 / month
    What plan is that? Is the $87.95 before or after taxes?

I currently have the old 300 minute MyFaves, unlimited nights & weekends, 400 text messages, unlimited BB and Talk Forever Mobile (UMA) for $85.00 including taxes.
    01-19-10 11:31 AM
    T-Mobile is an excellent carrier. They are the 6th largest mobile carrier in the world. AT&T and Verizon aren't even close and neither are even in the top 10 with Verizon coming in at 15th and AT&T coming in at 17th.

Moreover, AT&T is consistently rated as the worst carrier in the USA. Consumer Reports just released their carrier ratings and once again, AT&T was rated worst carrier in the USA.

T-Mobile is consistently rated as tops in customer service and they were recently rated as the most ethical company in the business.

I can't imagine using any carrier other than T-Mobile.
    T-Mobile USA is the fourth largest domestically, and yes they are excellent here, in the United States. I don't know about other markets. T-Mobile operates in many countries, so I would expect them to be bigger than two domestic only wireless operators.
    Last edited by SpyDude; 01-19-10 at 01:35 PM.
    01-19-10 01:32 PM
    I'm sorry...people can talk all they want about how great they think Verizon/AT&T are. The truth of the matter is, I think the majority of people on those carriers are getting ripped off and are paying for the name rather than the service. My friends, particulary those who use Verizon, are always saying that their 3G coverage is superfast and voice coverage is great. My reply is always the same...T-Mo isn't doing all that bad...they are still in business offering comparable, if not better service than other carriers at significantly lower prices. I'm playing less than $80/month with unlimited voice and data...who can beat that? Call quality...better in some places than other, but all in all, T-Mo gets the job done!
    01-19-10 02:32 PM
    I would expect them to be bigger than two domestic only wireless operators.
    AT&T advertise that they have the largest global network. Are they lying again? I'll leave that up to others to make their own decision.

We should not forget that AT&T has a history of making bold claims that they cannot back up. They used to have a campaign where they claimed they had the least dropped calls of any carrier ... they quietly dropped that advertising campaign when their own subscribers started a class-action lawsuit against them for false advertising.

Domestic only you say? Then they should admit that they don't operate one cell tower outside of the USA and stop the claims that they have the largest global network. You can't have it both ways.

T-Mobile is the 6th-largest mobile carrier on the planet. AT&T and Verizon aren't even in the top 10. Just the simple facts.
    01-19-10 02:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD