So, around January I admittedly was starting to feel a little lost about the future of BlackBerry. My Z10 was a great phone, but poor battery life and the desire for a larger screen had me looking elsewhere. Sure I could have dropped nearly 700 on an unlocked Z30 but at the time that was not an option. Long story short I got a new Android. It was my first time with the OS and it was on a great promo at the time. I signed up for jump in the hopes that when I was eligible for an upgrade that BlackBerry would have their stuff together and there would be a new phone or maybe the Z30 to upgrade to. Fast forward to the Passport and all the changes for BlackBerry between then and now, I ordered one. So what to do with this android. I was eligible for an upgrade but already had a new phone. They wouldn't let me just turn in the droid and run. I had to either continue to pay for the android and keep it. Or turn it in and switch to a new phone. The first store I went to irritated me by almost demanding I switch to a new iPhone or Android. Well, one employee at least. The other person who had a customer seemed really interested in the passport. I called customer support and the lady confirmed the policy, I couldn't just turn in my android. But she did offer an alternative. I had to get a new tmobile phone to satisfy the jump contract but I didn't have to get an expensive one. So I went to another store, also the same one I opened my account at 14 years ago, and she was honestly intrigued by my passport. She understood my situation and said they had a 60 dollar flip phone I could 'upgrade' to. I went for it. So I turned in my Xperia Z1s and walked out with a 60 basic flip phone on my account. I'll have that paid off soon and all I will have is the unlimited everything plan and a shiny new fully compatible with T-Mobile Passport.

tl:dr
    Tmo didn't let me cancel jump when I got my Passport so I upgraded my Sony Xperia to a flip phone.

Posted on my BlackBerry Passport
    lactose and firefighterdrew like this.
    10-30-14 07:40 AM
    send that to Legere and the fb tmo support community!
    TheQuietRioter likes this.
    10-30-14 10:31 AM
    So I'm a little confused. Clarify something for me please. I don't have T-Mobile but I find this odd lol

You obtain a phone on the "Jump" program. OK, all is fine. You buy the Passport. You couldn't just start using the Passport? Why would you have to turn in the android phone?
    10-30-14 10:44 AM
    Jump is one of the early upgrade no contract programs. When I got my Xperia in February I was already off contract. With jump they add an amount to my bill every month until the phone is fully paid off and I own the phone. After 6 months I can jump to a new phone. I turn in the old one they stop charging me for it. I choose a new phone, pay tax up front, and they start charging me for that one monthly instead. The Passport I bought out of pocket unlocked on Amazon. I liked the xperia but I didn't plan on using it and I already have an android tablet so that would be wasted money every month. They wouldn't just let me turn it in because that's not how the Jump contract is worded. So having to choose between keeping the xperia and paying monthly, paying the remaining balance on the Xperia (which was about 300) or switching to the cheap flip that I can pay off next month... I got the flip.

Posted on my BlackBerry Passport
    niumxp and blueyestm like this.
    10-30-14 12:06 PM
    I was in an almost similar situation. I did jump eleven months ago in anticipation of new BlackBerry phones. I was stuck with the HTC One and couldn't ditch it. So I traded it in for a WP. Instead of paying $20+ whatever I now am going to pay $4.89 a month.

I also have another EIP on my Q10 but I'm not going to trade that in cause I like the Z30, Z10 and Q10 combo package. I just now need to get the Passport.

Posted via ? Z30 from CB10
    jcraig likes this.
    10-30-14 01:41 PM
    Let me know when the passport supprot TMO wifi calling
    11-06-14 12:47 AM
    Good move!! Well done! A true BlackBerry supporter.

Yes I'm using the passport!!! And I have a Note 4 as well. That must tell you something about how great this device is!
    11-14-14 09:19 PM
    Let me know when the passport supprot TMO wifi calling
    It wont... ever! BlackBerry in the us is only being carrier supporter by ATT. Tmobile will never deal with BlackBerry again.

Yes I'm using the passport!!! And I have a Note 4 as well. That must tell you something about how great this device is!
    11-14-14 09:22 PM