we can't get a storm, there was talk that tmo was getting the curve 2 but seeing ads that att has a curve 2. what gives tmo gotta step it up.
    11-09-08 01:11 PM
    Hey all! Well as a T mobile user in the UK - cannot really fault the 'service'. One thing i will say is that they do seem to be putting everything behind the g1 - which is all very well - but disappointing to see they have only 2 handsets available pearl and curve WOW! other providers (orange / vodafone) have newer handsets. They need to sharpen up really otherwise risk losing customers to other providers 'chasing' the headline handset!
    11-10-08 12:51 PM
    I have been with T mob for5 years and have had very few problems, anytime they have not been able to solve a problem or there is something wrong on the bill it is corrected with one call and I usually get free mins. I love the BB help line, they have saved me a few times...... only complainant is they don't have the "up to date" phones and my husband complains that the phones are not sturdy enough for him, in construction. I use thier insurance atleast 2 times a year to replace his phone.(he is not aBB user, says it is too much phone for him)
    11-10-08 04:39 PM
    This coming from a guy with 6 posts....go troll somewhere else please.
    Meh despite my post amount I've been with tmo since they were voicestream. they do have good customer service and excellent rates but as I said before they are lame... With they're new handsets.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-08 05:12 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong here guys: You can get the VW Storm 9530 even though it is CDMA but since it's also a World Phone, it has Quad Band GSM capabilities. All you need to do is get the phone unlocked and you should be able to insert any GSM sim card and use it. Like the Vodafone version, you will lose out on the 3G internet connection since these phones don't have the hardware that supports T-Mobile's or At&t's 3G networks which are 1700 and 1900Mhz.
    11-10-08 06:22 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong here guys: You can get the VW Storm 9530 even though it is CDMA but since it's also a World Phone, it has Quad Band GSM capabilities. All you need to do is get the phone unlocked and you should be able to insert any GSM sim card and use it. Like the Vodafone version, you will lose out on the 3G internet connection since these phones don't have the hardware that supports T-Mobile's or At&t's 3G networks which are 1700 and 1900Mhz.

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THIS IS POSSIBLE ???
    11-17-08 10:08 AM
    DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THIS IS POSSIBLE ???
    For everyone who continues to speculate on whether this is possible or not, your best bet is to wait until someone gets the Verizon Storm and actually unlocks the phone and tries it with both a T-Mobile & At&t sim card. Then we will have our final and definite answer.

You would also hope the person who does try this is being honest with what their result was.
    11-17-08 03:33 PM
    Why wouldn't work?

11-19-08 12:29 PM
    Why wouldn't work?

I'm by no means an expert on this but last year I asked to see if I could get an 8830 world phone unlocked to t-mobile. The T-mobile guy told me it wasnt possible in the US. He said that the radio automatically locks in to the CDMA network that it is flashed to. It is only when that CDMA network is not detectable that the radio converts to GSM. Unfortunately there's no way that I know of to just turn off the CDMA portion of the radio. In other words, just wait for it. That should be TMO's theme..
    11-19-08 12:47 PM
    I really think the T-mobile reps on the phone just say these rumors to keep customers. I don't know when we'll see a storm/thunder on T-mobile. But I would assume it won't be too soon... most of these reps are saying "oh yeah, by the end of the year, or at least by March, there is going to be a touch screen blackberry" I'm not holding my breath.

On another note. I got to use a G1 for a few days... now i'm not a fan of flip phones, or phones that have flip out screens.. But my biggest complaint on the G1 is the bulky-ness... it was heavy, and it didn't really fit in my pocket well. It's not right for me since I would be considered a BB "power user"... I'm getting about 100-150 emails a day, and setting up meetings through my BB on outlook... wouldn't work with the G1. I would think the iPhone is cooler than the G1 still. I do like the "real" keyboard on the G1 however.
    11-20-08 02:42 PM
    I spoke with a T Mobile Rep the other day about some other issues with my account and I asked her when the next BB was coming out and she said there's no BB on their release list for the near future, but the rumor is a touchscreen BB will be released by T Mobile soon but due to the partnership with Google and the G1 they're suppose to be pushing that phone. Her advise was to hold on for about 2 months......take it for what it's worth.
    11-20-08 11:08 PM
    U are so right.

Instead of worryin if tha storm is gonna come out for tmo or not, let's just wait and find out.
    Its much exciting when they first reveal it anyways.
    .. Instead of playin these guessing games.
    Tmo is the best.
    Ciao!

11-22-08 11:37 AM
    Yeah I agree LOL. Like obviously we are all very anxious but this makes it work but I can't seem to stop reading about it!! But don't quote me but I think it will hit in like Late December, or around February! That would make since right?? Just a guess.. But thats for the Javelin, the GSM storm might come a lil bit later IDK...
    11-22-08 11:41 AM
    Yes Tmobile will work with verizon BB Storm, Please use the search function and read my post. Im running Tmobile with the storm right now
    11-22-08 12:07 PM
    11-22-08 12:08 PM
    You can't though. Tmobile is a GSM carrier, and it won't work if you try to use a phone that's only available for CDMA. So those people weren't knowledgable about the issue, and shouldn't have told you that. Tmo doesn't suck by any means, I agree... But they didn't give you a correct response on the Storm issue.
    That's not true I went to a VZW store and was told that because the Storm is a "global" phone it uses a sim card so it can be used on tmo network with an unlock code
    11-23-08 09:28 PM
    i apologize for beating a dead horse, but i am uncertain as to if you guys are aware of this or not, but a GSM version of the Storm is already in the FCC pipeline and it has passed.

the question remains as to whom is going to carry it? T-Mobile? or AT&T?

and i thought crackberry users were all in the know...

later
    Last edited by idk...; 11-28-08 at 09:34 PM. Reason: ...
    11-28-08 09:03 PM
    You can't though. Tmobile is a GSM carrier, and it won't work if you try to use a phone that's only available for CDMA. So those people weren't knowledgable about the issue, and shouldn't have told you that. Tmo doesn't suck by any means, I agree... But they didn't give you a correct response on the Storm issue.
    FYI, there IS a way to use a Verizon Storm on T-Mo. There was someone who unlocked a Verizon Storm and use it on T-Mobile. The Storm is both a CDMA and GSM device....
    11-29-08 09:23 PM
    Hi folks!

It is true - the Verizon Storm can be unlocked for T-Mobile - just follow the directions above - follow every step.

I called the Verizon Global Access people and they could not have been more helpful - they even walked me through the whole unlocking process while on the phone.

Just make sure that after you unlock it you changed your mobile network to GSM/UMTS and changed the Network mode to 2G.

Here is a screen shot of my Storm on T-Mobile - you will notice the T-Mobile Network name at the top and the GPRS to the right.

Have Fun!!
    12-12-08 09:10 AM
    As i make my triumphant return to the forums lol we started unlocking storms at my store and they work great... im torn between having the storm or the 8900 curve im hesitant about using another unlocked phone because the branded phones just work soooo much better .
    12-13-08 03:03 PM
    Not only is my BB Storm operating on T-Mobile voice and daya' but I'm logged into crackberry.com posting to this forum with it right now! Thanks to guys like pltaylor and kwakbewii.
    I'm thinking when I get in off the road Thursday I may take a video of me actually using the phone. I'm amazed how many ppl still believe its impossible, but then most of them don't realize that the storm operates on multiple signals.

12-17-08 01:21 AM
    The storm is a great phone and fully functional on tmo
    12-19-08 07:06 PM
    tmobile sucks....ive been waiting for a long time...trying to give them time to impress me...but i keep hearing the G1 sucks....looks like im leaving for At&t. now its between the BB Bold and Iphone
    I guess you can get a cool phone with them... too bad it will be running on the slowest and most unreliable network in the nation. My heart goes out to you.
    12-19-08 09:10 PM
    All depends on where you are and what you are willing to pay. I have fine tmo where I live. I pay 59.99. On att I would be paying 120. On vzw, I think I priced in at 140. Didn't check sprint or us cell as I am looking for the bold storm or 8900. I'll stick with tmo and await the 8900.

12-20-08 01:51 PM
    Husband works for Tmo and is saying no. Get your hands on an unlock code maybe? I'm really wanting a storm!!!!
    Had it 2 days took it back. Pain in the neck to keep punching that screen - and you can't see the keys under your fingers. Stick with something else!
    12-31-08 12:32 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD