Will tmo "3G" data speed ever be up to par with vzm or att. According to tmo map I am in fill bar 3G and am at -70db. My tmo 9700 speed is 440kbits where my vzm tour is 1100. And teathering is a joke on my tmo phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-09 02:53 AM
    when they release HSPA+ by the end of 2010 we'll be faster than 1100. When i got luckly and hit a test night for HSPA with my bold i got an avg. of 10,000 and a high of 13,000 k/bits per second.

Last edited by mjneid; 12-21-09 at 03:01 PM.
    12-21-09 02:53 PM
    In terms of 3G, the technology that ATT and T-Mobile use are the same and faster then Verizon, but in reality it all depends on the tower, and phone your using at that current time. So many variables to take in to account for speeds when doing stuff. Just like some nights your internet might be lightning fast, but some nights its dreadfully slow.
    12-22-09 03:55 AM
    Will tmo "3G" data speed ever be up to par with vzm or att. According to tmo map I am in fill bar 3G and am at -70db. My tmo 9700 speed is 440kbits where my vzm tour is 1100. And teathering is a joke on my tmo phone.

Trolling much?
    12-22-09 09:40 AM
    I've found that tmo 3G trumps ATT and sometimes Verizon. I'm sure we'll seen an improvement in the future as well. Don't underestimate tmobile.

I'm on EDGE atm but with opera mini, it always as good as 3G.

12-22-09 12:40 PM
    I've found that tmo 3G trumps ATT and sometimes Verizon. I'm sure we'll seen an improvement in the future as well. Don't underestimate tmobile.

Artemis: I've been really tied up and I apologize for not getting back to you on the 9700 as promised. My findings on the 9700 are ...

1.) 3G: As you've noted in this thread ... 3G is not really that big of a difference. Pages might load a fraction of a few seconds faster but it really isn't that noticable to me.

2.) Formfactor: Nice. Am finding it to be a great device. It is a little sleeker than the 8900 and I like the feeling of it in your hand.

3.) Trackpad: I've quickly adapted to the trackpad and it is an improvement over the trackball in that it doesn't get stuck and is more durable.

Overall I like the 9700. I sold my 8900 for a good price so the sting of the 9700 isn't that bad. The one thing I do not like about the 9700/5.0 is the threaded SMS. This is killing me. I use several news services who send text message news updates and the threaded SMS is not to my liking at all. There is no way to turn it off so I am stuck with it.

People report fantastic battery life with the 9700. I see an improvement over the 8900 but it's not as "life altering" as some seem to have implied.

Overall, I'd give the 9700 a solid recommend rating. PM me if you have any questions. Happy holidays.
    12-22-09 01:06 PM

True EDGE Opera Mini seems to = 3G OE browser, but EDGE OM < 3G OM....

12-22-09 03:48 PM
    True EDGE Opera Mini seems to = 3G OE browser, but EDGE OM < 3G OM....

I have no doubt that it is faster. Oye, OM is much better than the BB's current browser. You can't even compare
    12-22-09 07:03 PM
    It is true that there is little difference between 3g and 2g when loading.
    12-23-09 01:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD