I currently work for a company that works for a major U.S. cell carrier and I deal with customers accounts.

This carrier uses a system to rate how "valuable" the customer is to the company.

I know all the other companys have a rating system like this, I am wondering what T-Mobile's system is, and how do I figure out what it is.

We have been customers with them since Voice Stream, never ***** about credits, and the bill has been paid on time since day one.

Anyone know how I can figure out what my value is with T-Mobile?
    10-29-09 01:25 AM
    I've never heard of such a thing with T-Mobile.
    10-29-09 07:21 AM
    I know T-Mobile used to rate customers based on loyalty, profitability and churn risk and they probably still do today. Most companies keep this info internal, so it might be hard to find. A while back ATT's internal rating system was leaked online, and T-Mobile's was too.
    10-29-09 08:17 AM
    Anyone know how I can figure out what my value is with T-Mobile?
    Long time ago one of the prime carrier rating indicators was whether you spent over $100 a month with them.

Of course T-Mobile has an internal evaluation system for their customers. All carriers do. Any large company with an IT department probably does. With that said, you are not likely going to be given access to internal systems to get your hands on this info.

My bet is if you have been a customer for more than 24 months, have a higher than average bill, pay your account on time and aren't a pest with customer care (calling up and yelling all the time), then you are probably identified as a preferred csutomer.

Another indicator is probably whether or not you were offered the recent loyalty plan. If you were, you are probably in the VIP club. If not, you probably just have regular status.
    10-29-09 01:12 PM
    We were offered the loyalty plan.

I was searching for my companys score system and it popped up all over the place, but when I search for t-mobile all I get is how we rate them.
    11-03-09 09:59 PM
    We were offered the loyalty plan.
    By virtue of that, I'd guess you are considered a VIP with TMO.
    11-03-09 10:01 PM
    The criteria for the loyalty plan is so basic, 22 months tenure + current bill status. Verizon has a VIP program for people on rate plans $79.99 and higher at https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=6-NFtt6V, so T-Mobile probably has a similar requirement. It's more about $$ than tenure.
    11-05-09 12:04 AM
    Although it is not within T-Mobile policy to reveal individual Customer Value, obviously due to its robus nature, I see no harm in explaining how this may be calculated and represented on the carrier.
    Internall, your value is called a 'CLC', basically short for 'Customer Lifetime Contribution' - You gain your first CLC code after 3 months and it is updated quarterly also.

The top band is called the 'T' band, 'T0' customers are our favourite and we usually have a pot of cash to throw at keeping these customers (they are the MOST valuable to us, in fact they are the top 2% of customers), T1 closely follows (2-4%) and T2 (5%)

All of the above are the elite of the customer base and are offered best deals.

S0 - S4 customers reduce in value respectively, all of which have a certain 'allowance' when calling to upgrade for example.
    AS comes next, they are the lower end (75%<) of customers, and generally have very little spend and must pay full price for handsets.

'PI' customers are completely exempt from upgrading (generally down to poor credit).

CLC's are determined by a number of factors - working in it's favour is the amount you generally pay each month, so any charges for roaming, add-ons, bundles etc as well as the actual plan cost (20 plans have less value than he 100 ones, and same in the US), also, receiving a lot of calls from OTHER networks will increase value, however MAKING these calls will work against you as you cost T-Mobile money.

Hope this answers your question.
    11-17-09 04:32 PM
    TMobileAgent - so is there a way I can find out where I stand? I'm just curious.
    11-17-09 05:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD