For all customers who are not in the military/government.

http://www.tmonews.com/2014/03/t-mob...oming-changes/
    Last edited by raino; 03-30-14 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Previous link was a rumor with critical information that isn't true. Removed for the sake of clarity.
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    03-28-14 11:44 PM
    I just applied for it this week. 8% through my work. My boss is looking at moving a lot more of our lines to T-Mo.

It wasn't easy. I called in and they said you had to apply at t-mobile.com/corpdiscount. I signed up there after scouring their site to find my acct number, it isn't easily shown, had to pull an old bill copy. Got the approval email that I was eligible, but the link to finish enrollment got a 404, file not found. It said you could also bring the email into a T-Mo store and they could finish the process. I trot down to the nearby store and they say they can't do it. I show them where it says they can. He calls Customer Care. They can't do it either. He sends me off with a FAX number saying I need to send in the form and proof of employment, like a pay stub. Seriously?? At this point, I've spent an hour and doesn't sound any closer to being resolved. It's almost like they DON'T want people to sign up. I click on the link in the email again and this time it opens. Now I'm waiting to see if it is approved and it could take 2 billing cycles to kick in. Hope this isn't the plan they are ending.
    03-29-14 01:19 PM
    Looks like unless you're government or military, the discount will be going away. And it seems like there are no other grandfathering exceptions to this. Instead, you will now get a $25 reward card () every time you upgrade.

And here is what Legere said, I guess in the official announcement:

The old programs were designed to help big carriers close big corporate contracts, with employees as bargaining chips. We aren’t playing that game anymore. This change is about simplifying wireless for everyone … including employees of small and large companies alike.”
    Good for you for figuring out how big carriers work, Mr. Legere. But what about the part where the end user (i.e. your customer) was benefiting from this discount? Why leave that part out?
    03-29-14 09:18 PM
    Well it's a good thing i signed up before feb 1st.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 10:51 PM
    Well it's a good thing i signed up before feb 1st.
    That may not matter (sorry...I should have updated the OP sooner.) The discounts seem to be going away regardless of when you signed up for them.
    03-30-14 12:08 AM
    Wait... how did you think they would validate your employment without a paystub? that's very standard practice, because email validation is kinda screwy sometimes.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 12:48 AM
    That may not matter (sorry...I should have updated the OP sooner.) The discounts seem to be going away regardless of when you signed up for them.
    That's not what the article says...

"Thankfully, it would seem anyone who signed up to the program before February 3rd will keep their monthly discount."

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 03:26 AM
    That's not what the article says...

"Thankfully, it would seem anyone who signed up to the program before February 3rd will keep their monthly discount."
    From the second article:

Feb 3rd date mentioned yesterday makes no difference. All recipients of the monthly discount will lose it (except military and government)
    03-30-14 08:28 AM
    T-Mobile specializes in obfuscation - probably second only to BBRY.

From the second article:
    03-30-14 10:25 AM
    And now, for BYOD customers, AT&T has matched TMO's base $50 unlimited talk+text+1GB plan. With discounts, it will be cheaper on AT&T. The plot thickens.
    03-30-14 08:11 PM
    And now, for BYOD customers, AT&T has matched TMO's base $50 unlimited talk+text+1GB plan. With discounts, it will be cheaper on AT&T. The plot thickens.
    I just noticed the data upgrade, from 500 MB to 1 GB. When did that happen? Either way, the competition is pretty cool.
    03-31-14 02:33 AM
    Well, Raino. Always good stuff from you as usual. Good to know.
    Thanks!
    raino likes this.
    03-31-14 12:33 PM
    I just noticed the data upgrade, from 500 MB to 1 GB. When did that happen? Either way, the competition is pretty cool.
    March 23rd.

Competition just got real now. If most people are signing up for the $50 tier and not using the extra stuff that comes with TMO (free data roaming in those countries and...free international texting?) then AT&T in general would be a better choice to go with for $50, if you BYOD. Let's see how TMO counters.
    03-31-14 01:37 PM
    Indeed! If they take away my discount with T-Mobile and at&t will offer something even better then I would have no problem switching back even though I left the death star back in November before they're prices came down finally.
    03-31-14 03:44 PM
    Does att include mobile hotspot and unlimited texts sent to over 100 countries for the $50 price?

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 03:58 PM
    Does att include mobile hotspot and unlimited texts sent to over 100 countries for the $50 price?
    Good catch. Regarding hotspot, this is what I see in the fine print, needless to say if someone's considering them, they should find out for themselves:

Tethering and Mobile Hotspot use are permitted with up to five (5) simultaneous devices.
    And unlimited text to those 100 countries...doubt it.

Also, I believe AT&T doesn't throttle you once you exceed your data limit. They just tack on more data until the end of the billing cycle. Again, something to find out.
    03-31-14 04:24 PM
    March 23rd.

Competition just got real now. If most people are signing up for the $50 tier and not using the extra stuff that comes with TMO (free data roaming in those countries and...free international texting?) then AT&T in general would be a better choice to go with for $50, if you BYOD. Let's see how TMO counters.
    I am one of those who benefit from the international options and wifi-calling/texting...tmo is home

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 11:37 PM
    I am one of those who benefit from the international options and wifi-calling/texting...tmo is home
    You're talking about WiFi calling (and texting) or the "text free to 200 countries" thing they just launched? I'm talking about the latter. I doubt a lot of people use it, or else it wouldn't be free. WiFi calling is great, and I use it almost daily myself.
    03-31-14 11:51 PM
    You're talking about WiFi calling (and texting) or the "text free to 200 countries" thing they just launched? I'm talking about the latter. I doubt a lot of people use it, or else it wouldn't be free. WiFi calling is great, and I use it almost daily myself.
    Funny thing is, there are only 186-192 recognized countries, and t-mobile does not offer several countries. Til this day,i have no idea where all those countries came from. Lol

Posted via CB10
    raino likes this.
    04-01-14 05:46 PM
    Funny thing is, there are only 186-192 recognized countries, and t-mobile does not offer several countries. Til this day,i have no idea where all those countries came from. Lol
    I know!! They counted a principality of Australia as a separate country, for example. Probably counted international waters as countries too lol
    04-01-14 05:50 PM
    I know!! They counted a principality of Australia as a separate country, for example. Probably counted international waters as countries too lol
    I thought they maybe counted the ISS, curiosity rover on Mars and Atlantis. Lol. When I called them to ask how come they have 200+ countries, they said there are over 250 countries and that I was wrong. Lol

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 05:59 PM
    Apparently you can text for free to North Korea as well. I'm sure Legere must have personally negotiated that one.
    04-01-14 06:04 PM
    04-01-14 09:26 PM
    I see some backtracking here...
    http://crackberry.com/tmobile-backtr...ting-customers

Posted via CB10
    raino likes this.
    04-02-14 07:17 AM
    Not just going away. New announcement. April 25th 2014 BB contract with TMO will not be renewed.
    04-02-14 11:40 AM
26 12