Wondering if anyone else is having problems with T-Mobile today. It seemed to have started earlier this morning. Shows I have 4G coverage but not receiving any emails or data. Phone service works though. When I logged into my account via the T-Mobile web site, it showed an error when trying to access the email accounts.
    07-24-12 08:56 AM
    had that error last weekend, but when email seemed fine. getting it again today, when things aren't quite fine. no email in/out since ~5AM Central today. email attempts to send but red X pretty damn quick. browser, telephony and 3rd party web-based communication apps all seem a-ok.
    07-24-12 09:09 AM
    Just called T-Mobile CS and there was an automated message saying they are aware people are having problem and it is a BlackBerry issue. RIM is already aware and working on it. If it is really a BlackBerry issue I am surprised no one else has been posted...
    07-24-12 09:44 AM
    No problems in Northern California for me...
    07-24-12 10:05 AM
    Still out in central Ohio.
    07-24-12 11:04 AM
    stopped receiving emails at 6am right on the dot this morning. I'm in San Francisco.

Then tried to do a PIN to PIN at 7:40am and service is blocked, tried emailing and service is blocked.

WTF? yes my data service got "suspended" because of this outage took down the authentication server and somehow suspended my account!

WTF? Never has my account been suspended and my data service been blocked in over 12 years. Never.

Called Tmobile after being on hold for nearly 15 min, they got an email stating outage started at 6am and will continue thru to 10pm today.
    07-24-12 11:18 AM
    stopped receiving emails at 6am right on the dot this morning. I'm in San Francisco.

Then tried to do a PIN to PIN at 7:40am and service is blocked, tried emailing and service is blocked.

WTF? yes my data service got "suspended" because of this outage took down the authentication server and somehow suspended my account!

WTF? Never has my account been suspended and my data service been blocked in over 12 years. Never.

Called Tmobile after being on hold for nearly 15 min, they got an email stating outage started at 6am and will continue thru to 10pm today.
    That sounds more like a planned take-down, rather than an outage. I'm near Sacramento right now, and have had no issues with BIS whatsoever.

Edit: just out of curiosity, whoever is experiencing the lapse in service: do you see the 4 dots by your mobile network?
    Last edited by raino; 07-24-12 at 12:03 PM.
    07-24-12 11:24 AM
    Interesting to see this is not a issue for everyone. I called T-Mobile CS again and spoke with a rep. Well, after going through the Tier 1 support person which was useless. From the second tier support, they gave me the impression this is a T-Mobile issue, not with RIM. It sounds like RIM is not recognizing some T-Mobile accounts as having the appropriate data plan. The rep told me they would manually work on my account and will give me a call-back in about 2 hours to follow-up. I guess we will see what happens but I still do not receive emails and cannot access any internet services
    raino and BBB-Addict like this.
    07-24-12 11:33 AM
    My BBM is down here in the UK. I have Tmobile UK.
    Worked fine around 2am but this afternoon I noticed it not working. Haven't been able to talk to my husband who is stateside to see if his is working.
    07-24-12 11:35 AM
    NYC Tmo here. My BBerry (BES) works fine, but my wife's BBerry (BIS) stopped receiving email this morning. Tmo said it was a RIM issue, but Tmo was able to get into RIM through a "Back door" and "reprovision" my wife's bberry. After that I was able to resend her service books. Battery pull later and she was back in business. It only took 45 minutes on tmo cust service calls...
    07-24-12 11:51 AM
    My TMobile data service has been out for several hours in NYC.
    07-24-12 12:42 PM
    One final update from me, my BlackBerry finally has full functionality around an hour and half ago. I guess T-Mobile fixed my account so the RIM BlackBerry servers once again recognized my device with the appropriate data plan. One minor point, all the emails that did not come in between around 7am EDT until about 1:30pm EDT still have not come in. I wonder if they will come in later or the BIS server will never get them. Oh well, doesn't really matter, just glad my BlackBerry works again!
    07-24-12 01:59 PM
    One minor point, all the emails that did not come in between around 7am EDT until about 1:30pm EDT still have not come in. I wonder if they will come in later or the BIS server will never get them. Oh well, doesn't really matter, just glad my BlackBerry works again!
    This bottleneck effect is common in outages. It should clear up in a few hours hopefully.
    07-24-12 02:07 PM
    This bottleneck effect is common in outages. It should clear up in a few hours hopefully.
    Yeah except this was not a regular outage but T-Mobile messing up my account so the RIM servers did not recognize my data plan. Those missing messages never did come in. Oh well... just glad my device functions again!
    07-25-12 06:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD