My contract is up and I'm eligible for a phone upgrade. It seems that most carriers are offering the Curve 83xx in the $80 - $100 range after rebates yet T-Mobile is charging $199 after rebate for the 8320.

If I call them is it likely that they will match the $100 price of AT&T & Sprint?
    10-12-08 12:55 AM
    Start shopping at an authorized re-seller. I fond one for $50 instantly this way...
    10-12-08 01:16 AM
    Also keep in mind that the 8320 has wifi which supposedly and I would agree holds a higher cost in production. Therefore making it a more expensive phone period.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-08 01:41 AM
    I bought my curve from t-mo. I figured it would be worth the money and less stress then buying it from ebay or something similar. But if you can talk the price down then great, you should try, worse could happen is they say pay reg price

Last edited by vsuga; 10-12-08 at 01:53 AM.
    10-12-08 01:51 AM
    they'll likely match the price of any other carrier selling the 8320.

to match the price on any other model of curve is like asking toyota to give you a prius for the price of a corolla just because they're both sedans.
    10-12-08 01:52 AM
    I just switched to tmo and got the 8320 for $49 at Sam's club.
    10-12-08 11:45 AM
    You have to look at other factors other than the price of the phone itself as well. What provider has the best coverage in your area? What carrier is going to give you the cheapest monthly plan? You might save $100 on a phone now, and spend $400 extra over the next 2 years on your contract because the carrier you chose has a more expensive monthly plan.

10-12-08 12:31 PM
    I have been a faithful customer of T-Mobile for years now. In my experience, they like to keep their long-running customers coming back. Anytime I bring up how long I have been with them (and talk to someone a bit higher up the ladder than a floor rep) they are willing to talk "deals." Try it... I don't know how long you have been with T-Mobile, but it's worth a try.
    10-12-08 12:37 PM
    Well apparently this is a no go. I called earlier today and on the BBs they have little to no flexibility on the initial phone pricing. What they can do is offer various temporary service fee credits but then you end up signing up for extras that you weren't looking to get in the first place.
    10-13-08 08:50 PM
    That's too bad... I think if you are not opposed to extending your contract, or adjusting it with new features then they are more willing to work with you and adjust pricing. That is exactly what I have used as a negotiating tool because I have been so happy with their service. I hope you find a "happy middle" with them, and at least get some sort of deal. Good luck!
    10-13-08 09:04 PM
    Bummers... Well at least you tried. i will say that t-mo's data plan is a lot cheaper then other carriers and it does come with wifi, so it's up to you to figure if you need email service.
    10-13-08 09:30 PM
    That's too bad... I think if you are not opposed to extending your contract, or adjusting it with new features then they are more willing to work with you and adjust pricing. That is exactly what I have used as a negotiating tool because I have been so happy with their service. I hope you find a "happy middle" with them, and at least get some sort of deal. Good luck!
    Thanks. I did offer to sign up for an additional 2 year contract but the best they could do is offer a short term credit on some add on services.
    10-13-08 10:23 PM
    I've been on TMo since '99 and tried to get a better price in store than what you listed and got the same response you did. I thought for a sec about switching carriers but since I've been with them so long my plan is dirt cheap and their data plan was pretty cheap too. I've always been happy with their customer service too.
    10-14-08 01:53 AM
    I figure if I am going to spend $200 on a BB Curve I may as well wait for the Javelin to come out, even if it costs me a little more $.
    10-14-08 10:38 PM
    I think that's a wise choice. The Jav release is right around the corner, and well worth the wait from what I have learned about it.

10-14-08 10:56 PM
    Probably a wise idea and one I think I might have made had I known more about BBs in general before getting my Curve. My old phone died and I needed a new one for personal use so I decided to grab a BB and I love it. I just had no idea until after I got it that the 8900 Curve was coming. You said it's release is just around the corner. When exactly is just around the corner? December? Sooner? I'm hoping you say next year so I don't feel as frustrated about that...
    10-15-08 01:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD