Hey all, I currently have my APN set to wap.voicestream.com

This site lists all the carriers different APNs: http://www.pinstack.com/carrier_settings_apn_gateway.html

According to that, wap.voicestream.com is for tzones, internet2.voicestream.com is for internet and internet3.voicestream.com is for VPN. Since I don't have a VPN and tzones is limited from what I've heard, so I'm using internet2.voicestream.com and its working fine so far.

So my question is, am I using the right setting? I suppose it doesn't matter since both the wap and internet2 settings work, but I want to make sure I'm using the right setting. What do you tmob guys have your APN set to?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-09 02:28 AM
    Hey all, I currently have my APN set to wap.voicestream.com

This site lists all the carriers different APNs: Carrier internet Settings (Apn Gateway, etc) - Pinstack.com - where Blackberry Professionals Connect!

According to that, wap.voicestream.com is for tzones, internet2.voicestream.com is for internet and internet3.voicestream.com is for VPN. Since I don't have a VPN and tzones is limited from what I've heard, so I'm using internet2.voicestream.com and its working fine so far.

So my question is, am I using the right setting? I suppose it doesn't matter since both the wap and internet2 settings work, but I want to make sure I'm using the right setting. What do you tmob guys have your APN set to?

I have mine set to epc.tmobile.com
    04-23-09 07:03 AM
    I have my 8900 set to epc.tmobile.com and 8120 to wap.voicestream.com, doesn't really matter.
    04-23-09 07:52 AM
    After using internet2.voicestream.com for a little longer, tinytwitter won't work its giving errors. Went back to wap.voicestream.com and its working fine. I'm gonna try out epc.voicestream.com

04-23-09 08:29 PM
    After testing both wap.voicestream.com anf epc.tmobile.com, I ha ve noticed that epc.tmobile.com works much faster with the "A Personal Assistant" program. I'll continue testing as I noticed some problems with flycast.

04-23-09 10:45 PM
    mine is blank and I have opera mini what should mine be, works great though
    04-24-09 06:40 AM
    epc.tmobile.com is a bit faster because the server compresses picture files differently. Allowing for faster data transfer.
    04-24-09 05:44 PM
    I wish I could use epc but it causes connection problems with some of my apps. I did notice it loads pages faster in the browser
    04-24-09 08:45 PM
    wap.voicestream.com settings for older model to 88XX. epc.tmobile.com enabled settings for 8900, Storm , BOLD, on and on..
    04-24-09 09:21 PM
    Hi,

I know there have been different reports on whether TMobile will charge you on data (except email data) when you use data while roaming overseas with the BB International Email Add On option.

I just wonder if I turn off APN on my 8900, does it mean all data goes through BIS. If that's the case, will I have a better chance of avoiding getting charged for data when I use data overseas? I'll test it later in June when I travel, but I will just use IM type programs to avoid huge data charges.
    04-25-09 09:01 PM
    When I set my Storm 9530 to epc, it causes EDGE to drop to edge on and off. I have the APN deselected and most things work fine and I keep EDGE. Beyond411 doesn't work but I guess I can live without it....
    06-29-09 09:23 AM
    I know there have been different reports on whether TMobile will charge you on data (except email data) when you use data while roaming overseas with the BB International Email Add On option.
    International Email ONLY COVERS E-MAIL. The astronomical data charges from foreign carriers may take months to show up, but they will show up.

T-Mobile seem to have fixed whatever wasn't charging in the past
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f69/5-5...culous-236441/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f69/tmo...l-plan-226227/
    06-29-09 09:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD