ill help clear this up a lil bit. Yes it is a New Discount that has been in effect as of 06/03/09.. ALL MEMBERS AND EMPLOYEES QUALIFY. But You do have to be on a current plan Not a grandfathered plan. You get 12% of your monthly recurring bill as well as a Waived activation fee.
    06-18-09 08:03 PM
    This is great!

So when they ask for an e-mail give them my personal e-mail addy?
    06-18-09 11:07 PM
    ill help clear this up a lil bit. Yes it is a New Discount that has been in effect as of 06/03/09.. ALL MEMBERS AND EMPLOYEES QUALIFY. But You do have to be on a current plan Not a grandfathered plan. You get 12% of your monthly recurring bill as well as a Waived activation fee.
    What if you don't work directly for AAA? My fianc� works for a towing company that is sub-contracted by AAA. They are on-call for them 24/7. Would he qualify for this discount as well?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-09 12:40 AM
    What if you don't work directly for AAA? My fianc� works for a towing company that is sub-contracted by AAA. They are on-call for them 24/7. Would he qualify for this discount as well?
    Good Grief -- AAA membership is what? $50/year? Even if you don't own a car there are enough other benefits and discounts (not just T-mo, but hotels, movies, museums and attractions and the like) that it is worth buying, and of course if you do own a car and need roadside service even once every other year you come out ahead. If yo uwant the discount, sign up for AAA.

I just wish I'd known this was coming down the pipe as I just signed up and had to pay an activation fee (although I got my Pearl for free, so that was something)
    06-19-09 11:30 AM
    Yes DO sign up. AAA right now is half price so it is super cheap to join .
    I use my AAA all the time for lots of discounts.
    You get discounts on hotels, admission prices, glasses(30% which is alot in my opinion), clothing and shoe store discounts( I love going to REEBOK and getting my extra discount), car battery discounts, free towing, free roadside assistance, free gas when you run out, free unlock when you lock you keys in, and of course 12% off tmobile minutes along with so many other discounts i can't even remember that I use.
    i also love going right to a AAA and getting free maps and booklets and did you all know you get discounts off re-upping all your car paperwork each year, also free to cheap notary service... blah blah blah.

I highly advise getting a PLUS membership if you are getting it not just to get the TMOBILE discount but are intrested in the AAA whole package. With the plus member ship you get better benefits. The best being the extended towing and free gas.

I also want t say that with the AAA membership you can use it for whatever car you are riding in... not just the car you own. So if you are wih a friend and you are with them with your card.... they can utilize the services for towing and gas and such.

So far this past year I have actually used my card and received over $300 worth of services and discounts so far and still have half a year left . That well covers the price I paid to join.
    AAA has a discount membership services page and you can look up all the deals you can get
    06-19-09 12:37 PM
    Good Grief -- AAA membership is what? $50/year? Even if you don't own a car there are enough other benefits and discounts (not just T-mo, but hotels, movies, museums and attractions and the like) that it is worth buying, and of course if you do own a car and need roadside service even once every other year you come out ahead. If yo uwant the discount, sign up for AAA.

I just wish I'd known this was coming down the pipe as I just signed up and had to pay an activation fee (although I got my Pearl for free, so that was something)
    That's the thing. I don't need a AAA membership. My fiance works for a towing company and he is able to use their trucks whenever he needs to. If we break down, he calls his work and they send someone out to help us. Why would I pay for something that I get for free?

And as far as the other benefits are concerned; I don't travel, I rarely go the movies (maybe once every 6 months), the last time I went to a museum was when I was in high school.

I know there are tons of discounts, but I have no use for any of the benefits that AAA offers, so there's no logical reason for me to get a membership (at this point in time.) Maybe in the future I'll need it, but for now I don't.

I'm simply asking if someone is sub-contracted by them, are they eligible for the discount? If not, that's cool; if so, even better. I'm only asking if a T-Mobile rep on here would know.
    06-19-09 03:14 PM
    The discount worked for me. Now i'm saving $9 off my normal bill.
    06-19-09 03:40 PM
    When the discount was sent out in an email across t-mobile it clearly stated it is ONLY for employees and Members. I don't think you would be covered since you are not Directly working for AAA, You are sub contracted. But of course the only way to find out is by calling T-mobile Cust Care to get the official yes or No.
    06-19-09 04:36 PM
    Didn't know if you all knew this but T-Mobile just started a new policy and you can get 12% off your bill by showing them your AAA card. I think it's brand new because I was leaving the store after being told NO by the manager and he came out to my car and apologized. I Figured someone out there would find this useful!
    Sweet thanks for the info!
    06-19-09 04:41 PM
    When the discount was sent out in an email across t-mobile it clearly stated it is ONLY for employees and Members. I don't think you would be covered since you are not Directly working for AAA, You are sub contracted. But of course the only way to find out is by calling T-mobile Cust Care to get the official yes or No.
    Thank you for the response. That's what I thought, but it never hurts to ask. I'll have to remember to call them later.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-09 05:10 PM
    I went to TMO store today and flashed them my card. 12% off!!!! woot!
    06-20-09 01:43 AM
    [QUOTE=Artemis68;2813915]Nice to hear you got it with your loyalty plan. I'm going to try again later.

Artemis68: Any luck with getting the discount on your plan? I am on the unltd loyalty plan as well and just tried but the migrations dept rep said I couldnt get it on this plan either.
    06-24-09 11:08 AM
    I think one has to call the customer service. I called store and they told me that was an old deal.
    06-25-09 09:55 PM
    [QUOTE=Franberry;2879493]
    Nice to hear you got it with your loyalty plan. I'm going to try again later.

Artemis68: Any luck with getting the discount on your plan? I am on the unltd loyalty plan as well and just tried but the migrations dept rep said I couldnt get it on this plan either.
    I actually jus called Tmo CC and they told me I was qualified for the discount and they referred me to a "Brett". I called Brett and his voicemail left the number for the Tmo migrations dept. They proceeded to tell me I'm not qualified because the Unlimited Loyalty is already discounted and they can't apply any further discount to it. They also said more or less that CSR's don't know what they're talking about re the discounts. Not in those words exactly but that's the vibe I got. Anyone have luck getting this AAA discount with the loyalty plan? Maybe those who got it already were lucky so to speak and they caught on and aren't supposed to be doing it?
    06-26-09 11:32 AM
    I got it on my loyalty. I even have a RECEIPT for the T mobile corporate store saying i have it on that line.

LOL I'm no dummy. After they applied it I casually said.."can I get receipt for the change"... and they gladly printed it out. It states the phone number and the the account number and says i got the discount
    06-26-09 07:19 PM
    I haven't tried to call T-Mobile yet to see if I can get the discount with my Loyalty plan...I've been rather sick lately but I'll get on it soon.

I'm glad to hear that at least one person was able to get it with the loyalty plan. I guess it all depends on what CSR you get. That's why you have to keep trying.

I'll keep you guys posted.
    06-26-09 10:51 PM
    Make that two people who got it with the Unlimited Loyalty Plan! It took three phone attempts and one trip to the store, but I finally got it applied to my account.

I called the Account Migrations Group twice and both times, the reps didnt ask me what plan I was on, they just asked if I had a AAA email address, so I explained that members don't get AAA email addresses. They told me to go to one of their retail stores, show them my membership card and they would be able to take care of it right in the store, which they did.

The rep at the store also asked me if I had a AAA email address because their system does require that you provide them with an email address in order to get the discount, so I asked him to put in my regular email address, which he did. At first, the system rejected it or gave him some kind of error, but then he put it in a second time and everything was accepted. So if you arent having any luck getting the discount by phone, definitely try going to your local corporate Tmo store.
    07-01-09 10:11 PM
    Glad I found this Thread.I've had AAA for years.T-Mobile has been so behind VZW,AT&T,even Sprint in offering corporate discounts.
    07-03-09 10:10 AM
    Just came back from the T-Mobile store(corp). Had zero problems having the 12% AAA discount added to my account. The sales girl knew all about it. All she needed was my AAA card and my drivers license for ID.Had to sign a paper confirming my AAA membership and the discount T-Mobile was giving me.I was in and out within 10 minutes.She said the discount should show on my next bill but I won't be too surprised if it takes an extra billing cycle to apply.
    07-07-09 10:55 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD