Since T-Mobile has 3G in all it's major markets couldn't it brag LOCALLY that it has the fastest 3G for the time being?

I herd VZW is the slowest 3G anywhere no matter what phone or kinda connection you have... no?

im not sure about sprint

BUT since AT&T is the "fastest" but not really, in NYC couldn't t-mo take those bragging rights?

If a speed test was done today in nyc against the iphone and whatever tmo device that gets the new 7.2 wouldn't tmobile come out on top? wouldn't that happen in a bunch of markets where at&t and tmobile both have 3G coverage?

so even though at&t has the "fastest" network, it doesn't perform that way and t-mobile would outshine it right? or am i wayyyy off?
    01-19-10 12:13 AM
    I think it really depends where you are. I smirk when I hear ATT claim that they have the "fastest" 3G network. Riiight. Their network is bogged down by all the iPhones and whatnot.

They must be "testing" their 3G in optimal conditions that aren't present in real life. Under these conditions, it's possible that they beat T-Mo and thus can still brag...

Stinks, huh?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-10 01:05 AM
    It varies I am on tmobile, and on my 9700 the internet is faster on edge instead of 3G, kind of weird.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-10 01:24 PM
    I think it really depends where you are. I smirk when I hear ATT claim that they have the "fastest" 3G network. Riiight. Their network is bogged down by all the iPhones and whatnot.
    Remember that CNet recently concluded that AT&T's network is pretty much a joke.
    01-21-10 02:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD