Right now I am on the combi30 plan but want to be able to get e-mail and use the data abilities of my Curve so in looking on the T-MO UK site it lists these plans that look suitable for what I need:

Flext 40 + web'n'walk
    Flext 30 + web'n'walk

Both plans include up to 1GB of data per month. Are these basically the equivalent of the DATA plus calling plans that are used in the U.S.A.?

Thanks
    08-25-08 05:23 AM
    Yes, but I think with T Mobile UK you also have to add on an email package for �4.99. If you go through a mock purchase online the option to add email pops up later on the screen.
    08-25-08 05:33 AM
    Yes, but I think with T Mobile UK you also have to add on an email package for �4.99. If you go through a mock purchase online the option to add email pops up later on the screen.
    Hmmm I think ya might be right. it lists "BlackBerry Instant email" as an add on but doesnt really say whether it MUST be added to get e-mail on my BB or whether it just means I would get PUSH access to e-mail. I don't really want to spend an extra �4.99 on top of what I am spending so I think I will just go with the FlexT plan, see what I can do with that (Internet data access is the main priority and not e-mail) and then if I NEED it I can add it later.
    08-25-08 05:40 AM
    I have a feeling that the �4.99 email add on is the BIS package that activates your BB so as you say it is best to find out.

I could be wrong though.
    08-25-08 05:44 AM
    I have a feeling that the �4.99 email add on is the BIS package that activates your BB so as you say it is best to find out.

I could be wrong though.
    looks like for just �7.50 I can add web n walk to my existing plan so I think I will go that way and the see what the limitations are of not having the BlackBerry Instant email add-on and just get it if I need it...
    08-25-08 05:46 AM
    Ok doke

Let us know please.
    08-25-08 05:49 AM

I could be wrong though.
    Digging a little deeper into the FAQ area of T-Mobile UK and I found this:

"There are three different ways to access your email on your phone:

Internet email - Simply open up Web'n'walk and browse to your internet-based email account, for example, Hotmail or Gmail, and access your email like you do normally.

Check email (also called 'pull email') - This is when you set up your phone so it checks your email as often as you tell it to. You can do this with most email accounts (including POP3 and IMAP4) but unfortunately it's not available to Hotmail users. Find out more about setting up check email> .

Instant email (also called 'push email') - This is when emails simply appear on your mobile - you don't need to set anything up or dial in. If you have a Blackberry you can get instant email from � 10 per month"

So it looks like with regular web n walk I CAN get e-mail but just not PUSH e-mail.. Oh well time to add it to my plan and see what I get!! Cheers for the info', I shall report back L8'r
    08-25-08 05:52 AM
    Yes, but if the email add on activates your BIS then you won't get the browser , PIN messaging, BB messenger etc.

To use the generic data plan you will probably need the Opera Mini browser.
    08-25-08 05:58 AM
    Yes, but if the email add on activates your BIS then you won't get the browser , PIN messaging, BB messenger etc.

Hmmmmmm.. Well I will see what I CAN do with the regular plan and can always add to it :-)
    08-25-08 06:01 AM

Opera mini browser is a free download I think so thats not a problem. I don't need use of PIN messaging or BB Messenger so no worries on hose 2 items. looks like I have some experimenting ahead of me this afternoon **GRIN**
    08-25-08 06:04 AM
    In this instance I wont mind if I've got it wrong

Good luck.
    08-25-08 06:06 AM
    In this instance I wont mind if I've got it wrong

Good luck.
    Will report back L8'r when I get a chance to expirement :-)
    08-25-08 06:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD