I think new years eve has shown southern california and possible the entire united states how bad att really is. I am sure more people then "normal" text or use their phone on newyears.. I know I was.. With things like "where are you", "meet me at the front of the bar" or "I have two chicks with me and need my wing man".

From about 730pm pst new years eve till almost 4am the at&t network was useless and virtually unuseable with text messages taking 15minutes to send and still not geting to their destination, only one call an hour if that going through, and it taking upto 5 hours to receive text messages from non crippled networks like verizon, metropcs, and sprint.

In southern california the joke is "I have an iphone, too bad it doesn't get reception"

Being serious though... This shouldn't be acceptable. What is there was an emeregency and peope on the att network needed to reach peope, on this day it would have been impossible.

I am not sure about you guys, but this is starting to get to me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-10 09:57 PM
    hmmmmmm switch to Verizon
    01-01-10 10:19 PM
    Same problem here in PA/NJ. My mother (AT&T), me (AT&T w/BB) and my friend iPhone all had issues texting. It was annoying as ****. Crap like this makes me wish I was still on Verizon.
    01-01-10 11:52 PM
    Thats weird my 9700 worked perfectly all night, with the exceptions that at midnight it took a while to get a text message out but that was normall for a carriers.
    01-02-10 03:25 AM
    I had absolutely no issues here in Connecticut. But then again in the 10+ years
    I have been a SNET/SBC/Cingular/AT&T customer, I never have had any of the
    issues I keep seeing posted whether at home or when traveling.
    01-02-10 07:10 AM
    I didn't have any issues in CT (Fairfield/Bridgeport area) till 12:02 when everyone started bomb texting I couldn't get texts out (network out of order/congestion) for a while and no calls too. Calls to me rang (on their side) but nothing here till it went to voicemail. This only affected the 3G side of things, once i switched my Bold to 2G only it sent out all the SMS and even received a few. Back to 3G and still issues.

Eventually they turned off 3G here (i think) - all i could get was edge. Sameplace (then and now) i normally get full 3G (-81dBm) was getting only edge till about 2:30am when i feel asleep. I woke up the next morning and had 3G again and full services back
    01-02-10 07:36 AM
    "Network out of Order" started around 9pm on the 31st here in Western TN, I gave up and shut my new 9700 off until late morning on the 1st
    01-02-10 09:27 AM
    I only did a few texts/BBMs, but I had no problems, and showed no network problems... I'm in south Jersey.
    01-02-10 10:26 AM
    I didnt have this problem at all it worked for me just fine here in wisconsin
    01-02-10 11:53 AM
    my verizon tour worked for calling and texting perfectly like normal all night even at 12 in NYC
    01-02-10 12:33 PM
    hmmmmmm switch to Verizon
    Been there, done that. I would not switch back to VZW even if they paid me.
    01-02-10 02:17 PM
    Been there, done that. I would not switch back to VZW even if they paid me.
    What if I paid you?

For as long as I've had VZW (6 years) I haven't been able to send a call or text anytime around midnight on New Years, but that's my area I guess.
    01-02-10 06:07 PM
    Realized all networks had this issue. It's always been like this around new years time. Networks have so many texts sent at once it. Trust me not just AT&T I was at a party even Sprint users couldn't text. Verizon users couldn't send a message for like 10 minutes. My cousin on Verizon received texts at 7 am when they where time stamped for 12 -1 am. Just trust me on new years I don't care what network you are on the texting gets so screwed up most of the time.
    01-02-10 09:02 PM
    I had no issues til about midnight, and Im in SoCal. Things were back to normal after the text rush hour died down. But other than that there was no issues for me til midnight.
    01-04-10 03:09 AM
    FYI.......to the OP......ALL carriers experienced this on 1/1/10......my friends on sprint and vzw reported THE SAME issues......so how exactly is this an ATT specific issue
    01-04-10 09:13 AM
    I had no issues til about midnight, and Im in SoCal. Things were back to normal after the text rush hour died down. But other than that there was no issues for me til midnight.
    Same here.... In so cali everything was fine on my Bold till right @ midnite.... then NOTHING till bout 12:30.... Definately was frustrating though!!
    01-06-10 12:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD